why do i hang around HairLossTalk.com too much?

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
collegechemistrystudent said:
The hard part is late NW3, when I must decide "should I shave it, or try to style it forwards, or just keep it short?". Big jump. Then there is the wig option.

This is true NW3+ is the turning point! After this you really have to shave. But I think its at this point that you actually start to accept that you are indeed a baldy. Its the point where after having fought against it so hard, for so long you just let go.

In town today I saw calenders for Freddie Lumberg, Calum Best and Jason statham. All good looking examples of a shaved nw3. However you can bet that they're all gulping down the finasteride/dutasteride because they know that if they progress that little bit to a nw4/5 (shiney dome) the game will be over. That little amount of stubble/shadow makes all the difference. Good looking face or not, Without it you are just an old bald man.

there speaks the voice of experience....you are spot on, saf.

acceptance does come....all you Norwood 1.5 and Norwood 2, take note. you have no choice like so many before you through the centuries, but to accept it.

accept your fate, young men and to hell with the combover and hat.

as the man says "just let go"

G

If I reach NW5, I'm shaving my head completely. BIC. Scar, no scar, bumps, no bumps, I'd rather be ugly and say I'm 20 than embrase a 50 look. I'd wear a hat outside to keep the sun off, but I'd give it a light tan, and take the hat off in the shade. I know I'd take a big hit as far as who I can date, but HM will come eventually, and if I take care of myself I'll do alright until then.

take a big hit? well you aren't dating anyone right now with your NW1.5 so I don't know how much more of a hit you can take. it's a personality issue not a hair issue.

G

ginald said:
s.a.f said:
The hard part is late NW3, when I must decide "should I shave it, or try to style it forwards, or just keep it short?". Big jump. Then there is the wig option.

This is true NW3+ is the turning point! After this you really have to shave. But I think its at this point that you actually start to accept that you are indeed a baldy. Its the point where after having fought against it so hard, for so long you just let go.

In town today I saw calenders for Freddie Lumberg, Calum Best and Jason statham. All good looking examples of a shaved nw3. However you can bet that they're all gulping down the finasteride/dutasteride because they know that if they progress that little bit to a nw4/5 (shiney dome) the game will be over. That little amount of stubble/shadow makes all the difference. Good looking face or not, Without it you are just an old bald man.

there speaks the voice of experience....you are spot on, saf.

acceptance does come....all you Norwood 1.5 and Norwood 2, take note. you have no choice like so many before you through the centuries, but to accept it.

accept your fate, young men and to hell with the combover and hat.

as the man says "just let go"

as sung to the tune of jingle bells: "wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, WRONG WRONG! wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong? wrong, wrong wrong, wrong wrong, wrong, wrong wrong, wrong wrong wrong...."

no acceptance necessary. we all don't have to reach nw7. what amazes me are the sheer number of people on here who refuse to take internals out of fear or whatever yet at the same time complain about going bald and losing their hair. sometimes it takes balls to get what you want.

CCS

Reaction score
all you NW2 and below probably will never go past nw3 if you get on pills. I started at nw3 and am doing my best not to go further. And that shaddow does make the difference. I saw a nw2.5 at the gym today. He looked 18. Probably was 18. But had those whisps of hair in the front center of his head disappeared, he'd look a LOT older, and uglier.

My grafts make me NW1.5, but they are thin enough that I just don't know if I look young or not. From 10 feet away, or even maybe 6 feet, I look plenty young. But if I get within 3 feet, all the thin spots appear. They probably are visible further than that, but at least I don't have to really see them in the mirror. At least not indoors from far.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
if the buzz cut wasnt good for me id be using a concealer for sure
my selfesteem just cant take that kind of hit