why do i hang around HairLossTalk.com too much?

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
on the last two weeks ive been on this forum way too much im reading alot and not anymore to get info about hairloss, i dont think its so good for me
im going through a hard time in my life (not only because of hairloss)and i think that reading other peoples problems makes me feel better about my own suffering anyway im not sure its good for me,like aplunk wrote once - its like a crack addiction

just wanted to share...

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
well you're in good company coz there is plenty more like you on here.

talking thro a problem is therapeutic and on this forum you know you will (for the most part) get a sympathetic hearing

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the problem is that it is interfiering with my uni and with my life
i should get a shrink but i know that when i start im gonna use it alot (the shrink)
and i need my money for living well...

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
its a vicious circle...you need a shrink but they cost money....you got to prioritise and that means studies come first.

keep coming to the forum....at least you have an outlet here for your anger/rage/trauma with like minded folks.

if you bottle it up, it's not healthy....this is a great place to vent

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
perhaps we're secretly hoping that we'll come on here to read that those HM trials were a 100% success and have been brought forward for immdiate start and are available through the NHS!!!

haha woohoo!

CCS

Reaction score
JDW said:
perhaps we're secretly hoping that we'll come on here to read that those HM trials were a 100% success and have been brought forward for immdiate start and are available through the NHS!!!

haha woohoo!

not me. I come on here looking for something intertaining since I can't focus on my homework. Too much anxiety. I feel like a channel surfer, getting upset when I can't find a good thread.

G

I hang around at HairLossTalk.com for three reasons:

1. I am bored and have nothing to do.
2. Hairloss is on my mind 24/7.
3. There are many supportive people on this forum who have really helped me to deal with this sh*t I am going through.

Sean68

Reaction score
yeah HairLossTalk.com is a great delaying tool for me at work. im always like ' ill just have one more look at the off topic section before i start the report' people are starting to wonder what the hell im looking at all day!

s.a.f

Reaction score
I've always been concious of the fact that hairloss has effected me both physicly and psychologicaly but after coming on here I've realised that there are many people who are even more F**cked up in the head than I am.
Andit seems that those worst effected are in the nw1.5 - nw2 range.

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
I've always been concious of the fact that hairloss has effected me both physicly and psychologicaly but after coming on here I've realised that there are many people who are even more F**cked up in the head than I am.
Andit seems that those worst effected are in the nw1.5 - nw2 range.

a valid observation, saf and what on earth will those people be like if they ever get to norwood 5, 6 or 7????

G

Well, I guess I am among those you are refering to. For me I can´t imagine to be a Norwood 5 either. I am planning to do whatever I can to stop further receding, like avodart, oral spironolactone, Rogaine and hair transplants. If nothing really helps than I would live under a hat 24/7 or just kill myself.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dont kill yourself youll upset your mother

CCS

Reaction score
If I reach NW5, I'm shaving my head completely. BIC. Scar, no scar, bumps, no bumps, I'd rather be ugly and say I'm 20 than embrase a 50 look. I'd wear a hat outside to keep the sun off, but I'd give it a light tan, and take the hat off in the shade. I know I'd take a big hit as far as who I can date, but HM will come eventually, and if I take care of myself I'll do alright until then.

CCS

Reaction score
The hard part is late NW3, when I must decide "should I shave it, or try to style it forwards, or just keep it short?". Big jump. Then there is the wig option.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
Then there is the wig option.

no there isnt :x

s.a.f

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
The hard part is late NW3, when I must decide "should I shave it, or try to style it forwards, or just keep it short?". Big jump. Then there is the wig option.

This is true NW3+ is the turning point! After this you really have to shave. But I think its at this point that you actually start to accept that you are indeed a baldy. Its the point where after having fought against it so hard, for so long you just let go.

In town today I saw calenders for Freddie Lumberg, Calum Best and Jason statham. All good looking examples of a shaved nw3. However you can bet that they're all gulping down the finasteride/dutasteride because they know that if they progress that little bit to a nw4/5 (shiney dome) the game will be over. That little amount of stubble/shadow makes all the difference. Good looking face or not, Without it you are just an old bald man.

G

s.a.f said:
This is true NW3+ is the turning point! After this you really have to shave. But I think its at this point that you actually start to accept that you are indeed a baldy. Its the point where after having fought against it so hard, for so long you just let go.

In town today I saw calenders for Freddie Lumberg, Calum Best and Jason statham. All good looking examples of a shaved nw3. However you can bet that they're all gulping down the finasteride/dutasteride because they know that if they progress that little bit to a nw4/5 (shiney dome) the game will be over. That little amount of stubble/shadow makes all the difference. Good looking face or not, Without it you are just an old bald man.

Well, at least Freddie Ljungberg can't use finasteride/dutasteride because I think they're banned for athletes.

IBM

Reaction score
I'm in transition of NW3 to NW4. Though i'm wearing an hairstyle that is very ugly (imagine japonese hair that is like an hedgehog but harvested by something like Chernobil) i'm feeling better and accepted that i'll be ugly for the rest of my life.