Why Did Ru Never Make It To Market?

CodyJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So far I've only heard is failed because of how one would have to store it, in the freezer.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I probably never will use Ru because it never made it. If it works, they would have made a lot of money. Apparently it does work, so why was nothing done? Makes me think it caused cancer or something.

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s a weak AA. You need large doses or prolonged use to see any significant results unless you are a lucky ‘hyper responder’ which has been reported.

A large dose of any AA in a topical solution could potentially be dangerous to anyone around who isn’t trying to block androgen receptors or play with their horomones. Maybe this is why it never ‘made it,’ and maybe not.

It does work. There are no reports of cancer.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s a weak AA. You need large doses or prolonged use to see any significant results unless you are a lucky ‘hyper responder’ which has been reported.

A large dose of any AA in a topical solution could potentially be dangerous to anyone around who isn’t trying to block androgen receptors or play with their horomones. Maybe this is why it never ‘made it,’ and maybe not.

The problem is there are no long term studies.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
i do find it bizarre why there are no official statements as to why testing was stopped for this

i assume its because of the possible dangers to pregnant women and it being a pain in the *** for customers to use, and not because of any horror findings in their studies, but id still like some official word on it

surely if there were any they would have reported it

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's have been countless threads about this over the years. The main issues were money and patent issues. No company thought it was worth it and then the patent expired. If I had to guess, it's because of the stability issues. You can't mass produce this like minoxidil. The company would have to sell powder that people would mix themselves. It's hard enough to sell a topical. I don't think there would been a large market out there for this.

My theory sort of confirmed here: https://www.hairlosscure2020.com/the-strange-predicament-of-ru58841/

Beowulf

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

It's quite funny, all types of SSRI are available so you find which one you respond best to, yet the hairloss market only wants a swiss army knife which inevitably leaves some in the dust. I imagine hairloss has a higher prevalence, and we have to deal with the strange case of women, I'm surprised there isn't more demand.

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's quite funny, all types of SSRI are available so you find which one you respond best to, yet the hairloss market only wants a swiss army knife which inevitably leaves some in the dust. I imagine hairloss has a higher prevalence, and we have to deal with the strange case of women, I'm surprised there isn't more demand.

Irrelevant but wait, are you really 15 ?

Beowulf

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry bout that lol it says you are on your profile thing for some reason. I thought who talks like that at 15 ?

What did you mean by a Swiss Army knife ?

Lol that's cool, I wasn't are I accidentally dialed in the wrong year.

I mean just an AA that works pretty well in most cases, finasteride etc. Years ago we just had Prozac, now we've got all types of stuff.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
So far I've only heard is failed because of how one would have to store it, in the freezer.

Ignore the other misinformation on this thread.

It's actually well known why RU did not make it to market, and it's been previously posted on this site. The company simply estimated that RU would not be that profitable, and thus it did not other with phase III clinical trials, marketing, etc.

It's not that hard to see why. This is a small market, and RU was measured to be comparably effective to existing treatments, rather than more effective. If it had been better, they would have released it.