why can some people pull off bald?

doublebatman

Established Member
Reaction score
I often wonder this.

In the past I've looked around slybaldguys and other websites in preparation for the transition to slick bald. Despite what the SBG crowd would have you believe, not everyone suits the look... In fact, most of us don't.

There are some lucky bastards that look incredible bald, such as Joey Lawrence, Billy Zane, zidane etc...

Some people however look like **** such as billy corgan, Moby etc...

The main things I tend to notice;

Dark features: thick bushy eyebrows, facial hair and darker skin usually help. Black men usually look good bald

Low body fat: This one's a given. People with low body fat will always look better, hair or not.. Its just more important bald.

Strong features: you need a wide chin, a strong nose and chiselled cheeks to help, losing bf can help achieve this.

A good shaped noggin: A head shaped like a peanut or a lightbulb isn't going to help

What else do you need to look good/bad bald? Feel free to post pics of people who pull it off/ look like ***.

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score
I agree with most of what youve said.

Black men tend to look much better than their fellow counterparts because of their darker skin and their hair being of a similar colour to their skin, hence theres less difference between their skin and hair.

A strong jawline imo helps
just strong facial features... jawline, cheekbone, a strong chin, and a decent shaped head are the most important.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No one really truly pulls off bald, just some people look better than others...
By the way, Joey Lawrence is a ****ing NW1, he isn't slick bald, he has a shaven head and the fact you can clearly see his hairline makes a world of difference dude! Zidane i'd say also falls into this category to a lesser degree, you can see the outline of his faint hairline, which he still has and he isn't slick bald. Billy zane he looks alright bald though, I agree with you on that. Most of those guys on SBG look like aliens honestly, kinda funny.
Black people don't look any different with or without hair, for the most part. They can always pull off being bald.

doublebatman

Established Member
Reaction score
Joey Lawrence was bald as an egg. He had SMP or something similar a lot of the time to create the illusion of a hairline. He still looked hot as hell hairline or not
hqdefault.jpg

Zidane is barely debatable, those 7 or 8 strands of hair aren't going to have much of an impact on his overall look

zinedine_zidane_20official.jpg

I joined SBG but they are a little OTT. I saw one guy who shaved his head and literally went from a 6 to a 1/10. He looked blooming awful. The responses were "Looking great dude", " Welcome to the sly club, you look incredible " and the such. He looked like ***.

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score
Zidane has a very nice face anyway irregardless of his lack of hair. Add the fact that hes fit toned and tall, girls can get over the lack of hair.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you have a headshape that when shaved looks like Zidane, or more generally looks like pic below then odds are you'll look pretty decent bald. Lots of black men, especially those of west african origin have this headshape, which allows them to pull off the bald or shaved look, while many men of northern european origin do not... hence why it does not work for us 90% of the time. Notice the proportionally sized forehead and the huge, broad jaw, those two features along with the eyebrows go an awful long way...

images

Problem for white dudes, especially those of northern european origin, is not so much the skin pigment (while that is a bonus of course) it is primarily to do with the disproportionately large 5 finger foreheads and the small, narrow looking jaws many caucasians seem to have... Many white guys (myself included) end up looking something like this below, if we try to "pull off" the bald look, lol. Some East Africans, such as Somalis, Eritreans and Ethiopeans look similar to this too when bald, just a darker version.

The darker skin tone makes minor difference if the headshape is bad.

alienhead.jpg

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I joined SBG but they are a little OTT. I saw one guy who shaved his head and literally went from a 6 to a 1/10. He looked blooming awful. The responses were "Looking great dude", " Welcome to the sly club, you look incredible " and the such. He looked like ***.

That's some serious political correctness, lol.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Joey Lawrence was bald as an egg. He had SMP or something similar a lot of the time to create the illusion of a hairline. He still looked hot as hell hairline or not
View attachment 30533

Zidane is barely debatable, those 7 or 8 strands of hair aren't going to have much of an impact on his overall look

View attachment 30534

Dude they aren't slick bald.
An joey Lawrence actually has hair:doh:

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score
Zidane is bald... in the eyes of society that is bald

- - - Updated - - -

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score

That's the nightmare right there, even with a buzz you can still see that light bulb type of look. I've never shaved but had it short years ago, it's probably a mix of the pictures you showed. Not that good, but not that bad either.

maher

Banned
Reaction score
Its not only scalp shape. It you have weak neck... or turkey neck, then you're ****ed.

maher

Banned
Reaction score
...I hear that.. Luckily, I've been blessed with the neck that could derail the train. Not so confident about my scalp, havent shaved since teens..

doublebatman

Established Member
Reaction score
LL cool J is an unusual one. He's black, toned etc... He should be able to pull off bald, but it just ain't happening.. Head shape perhaps? Either way, he's a notorious hat prisonerllcoolj325.jpg

Heres another pic; some random guy who really needs a good piecebald-man.jpg

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score
that black guy doesnt loook that bad bald
the white random guy looks horrible bald but

its his head shape...

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

- - - Updated - - -

he has a hairline

he wud go down way more if his hairline disappeared

hairline is very important . . . . . frames the face. with no hairline all your proportions get thrown out of wack