Why are people so anti-hair system??

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
I've done a lot of reading on Toplace, and these pieces are very nice. They are comfy, easy to maintain, you can lightly shower with baby shampoo and chage the piece every 3 days in 30 minutes. Take good care and you are almost guaranteed 2 months, but at most 1 year, and good chance of 4 months. You can do anything the same, look and feel the same. Only difference is if they put their finger on your scalp and rub around, it will feel a bit different, depending on the type. But the hair itself feels the same. Also if you want to go under water or in hot water, you need to use strong tape or stronger glues, but you don't do that often anyway. Also after several days, your scalp oil can start to loosen it, so you may have trouble on long backpacking trips or camping trips that go 4+, unless you are skilled enough to disappear from the group in the morning and use your hand mirror and travel kit to do a touch up.

It will be a bit of a project, and I should probably do it this winter so my grades are not affected, also people won't notice the difference then. I should use dermmatch often, or a wear a hat, and people won't know then. That means 4 pieces before I graduate.

You wont want to use a baby shampoo, they are too harsh on the hairpiece hair. You would want to use a sulphate and alcohol free shampoo, such as products from Mastey.com.
Most products for regular growing hair are too harsh for hairpiece hairs.

CCS

Reaction score
I looked at the site, but it does not have any products for sale. Where do I buy that stuff?

CCS

Reaction score
Thanks. I also heard pureology is good. Unless you think one is better than the other, I'm going to do a price check. I heard Target sells pureology, and I'm going back there to get some cloths.

If I wash my hair with regular city water, but rinse with DI water, do you think that will be good enough? I can fill a gallon jug up for free at my lab.

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
City water is ok as long as it isnt considered hard water.

IBM

Reaction score
I've to admit that those jobs at Toplace are very good. If it were acceptable in out society to wear a wig I would.

CCS what if, in a expensive restaurant with expensive people, you drop your topee in front of your girlfriend?
What about cats?

CCS

Reaction score
MichiganBaldy said:
City water is ok as long as it isnt considered hard water.

judging from all the white stuff on my shower head, I'd say it is hard. I'm just wondering if the minerals penetrate the shaft during washing, or if they just get on the outside after the water evaporates. If just the later, I wonder if i could just rinse with a jug of distilled water.

CCS

Reaction score
IBM said:
I've to admit that those jobs at Toplace are very good. If it were acceptable in out society to wear a wig I would.

CCS what if, in a expensive restaurant with expensive people, you drop your topee in front of your girlfriend?
What about cats?

toupe's don't just fall off. You can't even yank them off if you tried.

As for them not being acceptable, just don't get caught. Do a very good job. Match your hair exactly so it looks like your hair. Do a custom piece. And put it on correctly.

IBM

Reaction score
But its still expensive. If a wig last 4 months i've always to buy a new one right? And the hassle of matching the color, etc...

CCS

Reaction score
When you get a hair cut for your sides, save those clippings. you need probably at least 1/2 inch to give them a color sample.

You can get a topper from toplace for $200. Though I have not seen both, I think coolpiece has better quality. I'm getting $200 front pieces, and will replace them every 4 months probably, and that is $50 per month. Shipping is $30.

Once you send them your hair sample and template, they keep it for a year. you don't have to send in more.

IBM

Reaction score
50 dolares/month :woot: . It's true that it's a portuguese minoxidil bottle but still expensive for an artifact.

CCS

Reaction score
Some people here spend $100 per month on proxiphen. Some people spend money on nice clothes. If you want to go from bald to perfect NW1, don't complain if it costs more than a few bucks. $50 is not a lot. It's only a lot if you have to use a lot of other stuff.

I use:
Fincar 1.25mg $7
Nizoral $2
Foam once a day: $7
licorice in my shampoo: almost nothing.