Why are people so anti-hair system??

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
From what I've seen most good hair systems looks extremely realistic and aren't uncomfortable. Why are people so against wearing a hair system?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Basicly because its fake. People are uncomfortable with the idea of having something false attached to their person.
Its seen by others as a desperate measure. Also most people just think of the term wig and imagine some hideous false looking rug. Then there's the added maintainence and cost factor.
But the first thought that probably springs to peoples minds is the stigma or embarresment of other people finding out.

Having said all of that it does remain the best way to get a totally perfect looking head of hair. I could'nt go for it but those people who have my total respect.

CCS

Reaction score
Dating is a battle field: if you try to date up, then you are seen as a traider by the women in your league. If you wear a piece, you will look better, even if someone finds out. But the women who would have gone for you when you were bald will feel your standards are too high, and will say bad stuff. Similarly, the women who would go for you if that wig hair was real would probably leave you if they found out.

If you wig takes you from a 7 to 9, you should date a woman who is an 8. You can get her with the wig, and she'd probably stay even if she found out about it. Just got to get past her initial insecurity of thinking she can't keep you in the beginning.

The only reason I'm not getting a wig is I want one with temples, and I heard they are very hard to fake.

CCS

Reaction score
flaps that come down on the sides, to move the temples forwards. My temple are an inch far back, giving me a wide forehead.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
Dating is a battle field: if you try to date up, then you are seen as a traider by the women in your league. If you wear a piece, you will look better, even if someone finds out. But the women who would have gone for you when you were bald will feel your standards are too high, and will say bad stuff. Similarly, the women who would go for you if that wig hair was real would probably leave you if they found out.

If you wig takes you from a 7 to 9, you should date a woman who is an 8. You can get her with the wig, and she'd probably stay even if she found out about it. Just got to get past her initial insecurity of thinking she can't keep you in the beginning.

The only reason I'm not getting a wig is I want one with temples, and I heard they are very hard to fake.

If you are going with a wig the best way to do it is to get an aggressive transplant with great temples and a thick hairline and then get a hairpiece to put behind it if needed. This takes the vast majority of the problems with wigs out of the equation. Its not just the temples that are hard to fake, but the hairline as well.

CCS

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Its seen by others as a desperate measure.

It is only a desperate measure if it looks bad. If it looks obvious, or just not good, I'd wonder how ugly the guy thought he looked before if he was willing to wear something so obvious and not good looking. But if looks better than most the NW1's out there, then who cares if a woman discovers it at 1 foot away? You can say, "hey, it looks so good I just had to get it." Then you just look vain, not desperate. I'd rather look vain than look like a 50 year old trying to hit on 20 year olds. That is the way some women treat me.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Then why not try hitting on women your own age?
hair transplant's would also be seen by others as an act of desperation but its easier to hide the fact that you've had one because they require no real maintanece.

CCS

Reaction score
women my age expect guys to be more financially established, and frown on the fact that I'm still in college. Also, most women, I'd say 90%, of those at my school, are between the ages of 18 and 22. Most of those over that age are in graduate school, and prefer guys who are in grad school or at least have a degree. At least I think they would. I could be wrong. That is why I'm shooting for 20 and 21 year old college juniors.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
women my age expect guys to be more financially established, and frown on the fact that I'm still in college. Also, most women, I'd say 90%, of those at my school, are between the ages of 18 and 22. Most of those over that age are in graduate school, and prefer guys who are in grad school or at least have a degree. At least I think they would. I could be wrong. That is why I'm shooting for 20 and 21 year old college juniors.

CCS, I think you way over-analyze this stuff. You need to get out and socialize and you will probably be surprised to hit it off with some girls (although you may have to lower your standards for the time being).

s.a.f

Reaction score
You know your problem? You think too much. You dont need to fit a whole list of criteria before you can be eligable for a date. Trying to go after younger girls just because the competition is easier is pretty lame. You need to have some real confidence in yourself, without resorting to ridiculous lengths once you get a girl you wont be able to keep up the whole chirade.

CCS

Reaction score
Optimist said:
You need to get out and socialize and you will probably be surprised to hit it off with some girls (although you may have to lower your standards for the time being).

Yes, I am well aware I need to lower my standards till I graduate. I'm not going to burn up my financial aid bribing women with dinners to date me. Though I was surprised that I have had positive results from doing that. A toupee is a well planned, calculated expense that will attract a woman physically instead of monetarily. So I might swing it. But I'll give some other women a shot first to see if I need to spend the money or not.

mulder said:
Actually if anyone can keep up the charade CCS can lol

I don't need to marry the woman. I can get HM for that. I just need to have some fun for a month till she finds out, and then have a fast turn over rate if she dumps me. If the piece looks good enough, the turn over rate should not be an issue. Just got to break contact with her and her friends if she has a big mouth.

If HM is not out after I graduate, I'm definitely getting the piece then, when I have money. No matter how old a woman is, she prefers a NW1 over anything else. Older women just can't be as picky about that kind of thing, but it still helps just as much if you have it.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
Why are you worrying about hour hair. If I remember correctly, your transplant looked pretty good.

CCS

Reaction score
with no light overhead, and at the right angle, combed right, it does not look that thin. And dermmatch can take care of thinness. But did you see how high my hair line is? It is 1/2 inch higher on the sides and about 1/8 inch higher in the middle and 1/2 inch wider on each side than a good 20 year old hair line, and I'm not talking about the really low ones, just the good looking ones. It is obvious that most women I hit on look at my hair and think I'm a pervert for going for them. I'm sure 35 year olds would not mind my hair, but they'd not be impressed that I'm still in college. So I can put off dating till I graduate, or lower my standards on down, or get a piece and look 20x better. So guy made his last a year.

CCS

Reaction score
I look like a NW2 with a wider than normal forhead, diffusing in a NW3-4 pattern. Dermmatch takes me back to a wide NW2. If I were Nw3, or did not already have grafts, nothing would hold me back from getting the piece.

Maintaining a piece takes a lot less work that putting dermmatch or topik on a diffuse area, though probably more work than me putting dermmatch in my hair line.

I realize my hair is not terrible. Women think thinning hair looks bad, and a shaved head is OK, and a good piece is probably between real hair and a shaved head, unless you just look very good with a shaved head.

I also know there are trade offs, like I can't underwater swim as much as I want unless I take the piece off and put on a swimmers cap and go by myself. I also know that running my fingers over my scalp won't feel nearly as good, but at least the tops of the hair would feel the same, so women would enjoy patting my head, just not putting their fingers on the scalp. Currently no women put their fingers in my hair. Only one ever did. When I look in the mirror at myself and get a whole new self image, it would be so worth it. All the hair wearers on Toplace say they feel so much more confident and at ease after getting one, and wish they had done so sooner.

A piece would cost $50 per month if I take good care of it. I'd also have to trim my sides more often to avoid discovery. Making a templet and taking pictures would be a pain, but it would a one time thing. I could always buzz my hair, wear a baseball cap for a month, and go back to being a NW2. Most women under 30 expect a guy to be a NW1. At least the ones who can be picky. I won't wear it my whole life. I'll get HM, and have fingers in my hair later. Right now I don't have any in my hair anyway. I won't do this until after I catch up in school and make some more money and have given some women a shot.

CCS

Reaction score
I've done a lot of reading on Toplace, and these pieces are very nice. They are comfy, easy to maintain, you can lightly shower with baby shampoo and chage the piece every 3 days in 30 minutes. Take good care and you are almost guaranteed 2 months, but at most 1 year, and good chance of 4 months. You can do anything the same, look and feel the same. Only difference is if they put their finger on your scalp and rub around, it will feel a bit different, depending on the type. But the hair itself feels the same. Also if you want to go under water or in hot water, you need to use strong tape or stronger glues, but you don't do that often anyway. Also after several days, your scalp oil can start to loosen it, so you may have trouble on long backpacking trips or camping trips that go 4+, unless you are skilled enough to disappear from the group in the morning and use your hand mirror and travel kit to do a touch up.

It will be a bit of a project, and I should probably do it this winter so my grades are not affected, also people won't notice the difference then. I should use dermmatch often, or a wear a hat, and people won't know then. That means 4 pieces before I graduate.

CCS

Reaction score
you can totally custom specify a piece, 2 for $310. But if you want it to be big, like full cap, then $195 each. Just take pics, give measurements, give a curved templet, hair samples, lengths, directions, density, and wait 4-8 weeks. I'll cut mine in myself with my buzzer, but will experiment on a lock further away to make sure I don't get split ends.

Looks like mild glues are the best for daily use, but if you are hot and oily, you need stronger stuff. Lace feels good, I read. Just not as good to the touch as your real scalp. I looked at many hairlines, and can't see them at all, even under very high resolution. So unless that entire forum is fixed, I guess this is just top notch.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
CCS, it may be a safe bet that HM will be out by the time you graduate since I doubt you ever will.