Why are friends and family the rudest towards hair loss?

maradona

Established Member
Reaction score
Beingbaldsucks said:
My real close friends never made fun of me Nither my family, that's Americans thing, your known as the most shallow idiotic people on the planet

hahaha you think americans are shallow? come down to south america or brazil. Most of us don't even have names, they call us by our imperfections big nose, blackie,baldie and funny names you can't imagine.

Americans are way more acceptable and make less fun of you. I have only been called one bad thing in my entire time in US in 10 years.

In brazil, 30 times a day at LEAST !! hahaha

B

Beingbaldsucks

maradona said:
Beingbaldsucks said:
My real close friends never made fun of me Nither my family, that's Americans thing, your known as the most shallow idiotic people on the planet

hahaha you think americans are shallow? come down to south america or brazil. Most of us don't even have names, they call us by our imperfections big nose, blackie,baldie and funny names you can't imagine.

Americans are way more acceptable and make less fun of you. I have only been called one bad thing in my entire time in US in 10 years.

Probably cuz you lived in a favela where people are primitive

slipy

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
and let me say that since boondock left you are my second favorite nw2/3 on this site next to Man In Space. Sorry but he is just so damn intelligent and empathetic. I find the combo irresistable :gay:

that kind of approval can put one under pressure to try not look like a complete tool in the future.:ermm:

and the name Boondock rings a bell, although i can't really remmember him due to not being that active on the forum at the time. what was it about him that you liked?

seb

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
What some people percieve as hurtful comments may be meant as nothing more than freindly banter.

As im(as mentioned) into health and fitness,next time I walk past a overweight individual(who ive never come across) who is stuffing his face with a triple-cheese big-mac,I will say(or rather mutter like everyone else),"oi mate,you must be hungry today"......hey i am only making "friendly banter" right(even though we have never crossed paths)? :jackit:.Obviously,what I am really thinking is you fat,lazy,gluttonous t***er,but they want take it too heart,I am only having a laugh,the same when a stranger walks past me,and says "you wanna get a hat mate!",whilst looking me up and down,with a smirk on their face....it dont matter,its only "friendly banter".

seb

Reaction score
Right,next time I walk past a black guy,who looks like he just stepped off a hip-hop video,with his gold chain draped over his t-shirt,depicted with Ice-cube,or biggie,and his nice trousers half-way down his ankles,I am going too say "hey mate,I think you need a belt for those pants"(whilst laughing).....yeah lets have a wager on how long my face stays intact with an attitude like that in life....but hey,its only "friendly banter".

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
maradona said:
Beingbaldsucks said:

No use arguing with someone who paints everyone with such a broad brush!

maradona

Established Member
Reaction score
You don't have to live on a favela like me ^_^. Jus turn on TV and see for yourself.
:punk: ah yes not the favela channel : ) .

s.a.f

Reaction score
seb said:
s.a.f said:
What some people percieve as hurtful comments may be meant as nothing more than freindly banter.

As im(as mentioned) into health and fitness,next time I walk past a overweight individual(who ive never come across) who is stuffing his face with a triple-cheese big-mac,I will say(or rather mutter like everyone else),"oi mate,you must be hungry today"......hey i am only making "friendly banter" right(even though we have never crossed paths)? :jackit:.Obviously,what I am really thinking is you fat,lazy,gluttonous t***er,but they want take it too heart,I am only having a laugh,the same when a stranger walks past me,and says "you wanna get a hat mate!",whilst looking me up and down,with a smirk on their face....it dont matter,its only "friendly banter".

READ THE THREAD TITLE - ITS ABOUT FREINDS AND FAMILIES COMMENTS, NOT STRANGERS. :jackit:

Jeremy K

Reaction score
My family has been fine about it, as well as most of my friends, but I have a few friends who I can tell delight in it.

I've made progress over the past year and a half, and when they make comments I tell them that I have more hair now than I did 2 years ago, but they say "No, your forehead is getting bigger and your hair is so thin."

Then I show them a picture from 2 years ago and one friend said "Whoa, I didn't realize it was that bad"

Idiots don't understand that while balding is a slow process, recovery is as well.