why are clowns bald?

seb

Reaction score
dudemon said:
Clowns are bald because bald men have traditionally been the "butt" of many jokes and one-liners since the dawn of time. Since people are supposed to laugh at clowns, what a better way than to make them also funny looking!?!? And, unfortunately, bald jokes are still going strong in mainstream society.

You're right about clowns being creepy/scary. (ie - "Pennywise" in "It")

But WHY do you think that is?

I think its because the vast majority of mainstream society still considers most bald men to be under-sexed perverts (as well as kidnappers, child molesters, rapists, etc...), and just generally undesirable scumbag criminal types.

So, a "bald" clown not only gives them someone to laugh at, but also someone to be afraid of ... at the same time! :woot:

Excellent post,I completely agree.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I think you'll find that most clowns are not bald. Most have huge colourful afro wigs. Think Ronald McDonald, Its only Pennywise and Bozo who are bald.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I think you'll find that most clowns are not bald. Most have huge colourful afro wigs. Think Ronald McDonald, Its only Pennywise and Bozo who are bald.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say it's offensive that some clowns have big curly horseshoe fros, it just adds to how ridiculous they look. It's not like most bald men grow their hair out anyway. Bill Bailey chooses to do so to achieve the ageing wannabe rockstar who never made it look.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT WE ARE TO THEM .

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT WE ARE TO THEM .
:woot:

Btw, as s.a.f said, If I think of a clown, i think of colorful afro heads of hair, not bald clowns.

Nene

Reaction score
I think they are usually depicted as bald, homey the clown can also be added to the list of bald clowns. BTW you can buy clown wigs, that have a bald spot and red fro on the sides. For example

http://www.buycostumes.com/Hairiscary-C ... 4Aodz1w_QA. http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hair loss=en ... r:12,s:183

Why would they even sell wigs like that if clowns weren't often depticed as bald?

Nene

Reaction score
Lets keep count here of bald Clown: Homey, Krusty, Bozo, Pennywise...

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Afro clowns are the cheerful fun kind. Horseshoe clowns are the sad, mopey clowns that take an oversized shoe in the rear.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Afro clowns are the cheerful fun kind. Horseshoe clowns are the sad, mopey clowns that take an oversized shoe in the rear.
I was never too familiar with Bozo. Did Bozo used to be the "dumb" clown type or the "funny" one?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
IDK, but I do remember the bumper stickers that had a circle around his face with a cross through it. No bozos. Might as well have been no baldies.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
hurtful comments, should have just worn a hairpiece for a day and said f*** U to him lol.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
[youtube:2zb14hro]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuP9YClyPRY[/youtube:2zb14hro]

Lol.

s.a.f

Reaction score
ghg said:
[youtube:10izf000]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuP9YClyPRY[/youtube:10izf000]

Lol.

Great stereotyping. :thumbdown2:

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
Sad mopey clowns (tramps) always seem to wear a hat so I don't think they're associated with baldness to much. Unless that's why they wear a hat... Thinking way too much into this, I need a second job.

seb

Reaction score
Why are all monsters in horror/thriller films bald? eg:
nightmare on elm street
batman
friday the 13th
the hills have eyes

Even f**king humpty dumpty was bald,and look what happened to that ugly c**t. :)

seb

Reaction score
You will never find a bald man in lead role in a romantic film.I even watched a Russian film,where one of the lead characters became bald in order to be portrayed as a psycho in the film.

B

Beingbaldsucks

seb said:
You will never find a bald man in lead role in a romantic film.I even watched a Russian film,where one of the lead characters became bald in order to be portrayed as a psycho in the film.
Actually you did sew a bald guy in many of those films, his name is mattew macgnway and he's wearing a wig or made a really good transplant for over a decade, he has a photo from 1999 with huge receding hair, and he claims that he used a "magical" prudoct called regenix that restored his hair completely, he was chosen to 1th sexiest guy in the world in 2005 (don't remember the name of the magazine) this guy fooling everyone for over a decade. And he's a complete liar scum and a cowerd. True the bald guy will always be the tough guy in films. Never the lover and the sensitive one that off course will always be some blue eyed blond hair douchbeg, in the real world it's the opposite good looking people are usually the most shallow and acting really bad to the ladies

slipy

Reaction score
Beingbaldsucks said:
seb said:
Actually you did sew a bald guy in many of those films, his name is mattew macgnway and he's wearing a wig or made a really good transplant for over a decade, he has a photo from 1999 with huge receding hair, and he claims that he used a "magical" prudoct called regenix that restored his hair completely, he was chosen to 1th sexiest guy in the world in 2005 (don't remember the name of the magazine) this guy fooling everyone for over a decade. And he's a complete liar scum and a cowerd. True the bald guy will always be the tough guy in films. Never the lover and the sensitive one that off course will always be some blue eyed blond hair douchbeg, in the real world it's the opposite good looking people are usually the most shallow and acting really bad to the ladies

that don't prove jack sh*t. people don't know he's bald. if he wasn't hiding behind his hairpiece and walked around openly bald no one would give him the roles and he wouldn't be on that asssucking list.