Who Would Help Fund A Kerastem Therapy?

iamgotham

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So after reading 44 pages:

- The success rate of this treatment is super-ultra-dupa-LOW;
- The clinic with the best results is the Geneva one;
- We don't know if people taking this procedure are compromising any future treatments;
- Most of the people that had the procedure saw an increase in shedding;
- Last, but not the least, is super-ultra-dupa-EXPENSIVE.

Seems totally not worth it.

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
So after reading 44 pages:

- The success rate of this treatment is super-ultra-dupa-LOW;
- The clinic with the best results is the Geneva one;
- We don't know if people taking this procedure are compromising any future treatments;
- Most of the people that had the procedure saw an increase in shedding;
- Last, but not the least, is super-ultra-dupa-EXPENSIVE.

Seems totally not worth it.
#1 seems like it
#2 where's the actual info Geneva worked?
#3 should not be an issue, if not because thats what the clinic claimed, but most EU countries require treatments are at least safe (if, maybe not effective)
#4 I did
#5 Definitely poured one out for compounding interest

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
they seem to be doing this now in California
I made a thread but I will post what i found here too

<iframe width="476" height="267" src="http://abc30.com/video/embed/?pid=1813777" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

here is the Dr website...at bottom of the page you will see some before/after

http://www.orangecountyhairrestoration.org/stem-cell-therapy-hair-loss-treatment.html
I don't think that is the same, that sounds like what other places already do in the US and use harvested stem cells… but the key difference w/ Kerastem is supposed to be the fat injections to go with them

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think that is the same, that sounds like what other places already do in the US and use harvested stem cells… but the key difference w/ Kerastem is supposed to be the fat injections to go with them

okay but they do liposuction with it thats why i posted it here..>Thats not Kerastem?

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
okay but they do liposuction with it thats why i posted it here..>Thats not Kerastem?
Not quite. a lot of procedures involving stem cells will harvest via fat from liposuction (or from blood plasma I think) but most just inject the refined cells into the scalp and hope for the best. the reason people (including me) were hopeful w/ Kerastem was that it also actually transplanted fat itself into the scalp with the cells as there is research that thinning scalp fat impacts hair cell health (not to mention has really spiffy marketing around it)

newplayer

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just to bring this up from the dead (for a short while at least).
Whats the final verdict?

I know quite a few of you took the procedure? How many got results and what kind of results? Or complete demise?

Thanks

Stupidon

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just to bring this up from the dead (for a short while at least).
Whats the final verdict?

I know quite a few of you took the procedure? How many got results and what kind of results? Or complete demise?

Thanks
Hey Newplayer, I couldnt find a place to take the same magnified pics for proper comparison. Good news is I'm moving to Geneva soon and will be able to meet with the clinic there.

Basically still shedding 10/20 hair in the shower, my temples and vertex did not move or very slightly. I am considering to take low dose of finasteride soon, but not rushing at all - just to be on the safe side as long as possible.

Does it worth 5k? No
Do I regret it? No, it's a gamble and while my brother is hitting pretty fast the NW2.5 region, I''m still a very low NW2.
Will it save you? No, unless you are lucky. Just wait for more times and data unless you have money to spend.
Is it a scam? No

newplayer

Established Member
Reaction score
Stupidon, thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

Well, if you don't have any tangible results... I'm afraid I'd say it didn't do anything.

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Newplayer, I couldnt find a place to take the same magnified pics for proper comparison. Good news is I'm moving to Geneva soon and will be able to meet with the clinic there.
My take on things:

Does it worth 5k?
No, at least given I don't think it made any difference at all for me. Not sure about the more expensive clinic.

Do I regret it?
Yes, at least at the moment. Ultimately, I feel foolish buying into a hyped/hopeful/unproven thing before seeing results. The ~$5500-6000 I spent total for procedure, flight in and out would become a lot in an index fund over time… and additionally the time I cut short on my vacation in Europe (and remainder that was somewhat out of commission from the procedure) sacrificed more than I wish I did.

Maybe it will still pan out to have an effect over time, maybe much of my feeling of shedding since was from starting finasteride as well. In the end, I wish I just had a cooler head about finasteride which has actually been going totally fine vs. my earlier experience with the drug. I imagine it's making the biggest impact on my now ~8 month later decline in shedding from the procedure that I wish I gave a better shot before I quit after only a month roughly one year ago today.

Additionally, I think the loss of fat tissue has made me more prone to bruising on my oblique and abdomen.

Will it save you?
Doubtful, but maybe the FDA study will shed better light on it when not interacting with other treatments

Is it a scam?
I ultimately can't truly comment. I don't believe it to be very effective, and they're selling a procedure without being able to prove much in terms of efficacy to customers, but it also didn't seem to be fly by night. The surgeon in Serbia flies around the globe and is generally regarded as an expert on bodily fat so I wouldn't compare it to the risky hair transplants around the globe, but part of me still feels kind of duped even if I don't think they're being nefarious.

~~~
All that said, who knows -- I could have just screwed my entire perception of what's been going on with my head by getting it shortly after quitting minoxidil and restarting finasteride when I got home. Maybe in another year or so when the effects of finasteride have settled more maybe I will find myself with better regrowth than most have with finasteride and it would be a result of this. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I still think that most people should wait for the study though, given the general lacking of proof/results by the people who went for it.

newplayer

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, a local clinic offers PRP treatment, and it's relatively cheap, around 450 euro per treatment, I dont know how many of them is needed.

I'm saying that cause it is RELATIVELY similar to Kerastem and they have one, but good before/after photo.
They say they're using Cellular Matrix BCT method from Regen Lab company.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• Web_848x364px_PRP-terapija-prorijedene-kose_1.jpg
    Web_848x364px_PRP-terapija-prorijedene-kose_1.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 524

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, a local clinic offers PRP treatment, and it's relatively cheap, around 450 euro per treatment, I dont know how many of them is needed.

I'm saying that cause it is RELATIVELY similar to Kerastem and they have one, but good before/after photo.
They say they're using Cellular Matrix BCT method from Regen Lab company.

What do you guys think?
Bunch of BS.

His hair is clearly wet in the first picture and dry in the second.

Save your money.

cyrusthegreat@hotmail.com

Established Member
Reaction score
Bunch of BS.

His hair is clearly wet in the first picture and dry in the second.

Save your money.

Combed back and wet vs Combed forward and dry. Wtf is wrong with the doctors at these clinics....? Cosmetic procedure or not, these fuckers shouldn't be allowed to make false claims.

Last edited:

Dlogic

Reaction score
I did it at belgrade (belprime) and it did nothing for me. Over year mark now, still nothing. Save your money.

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this

https://www.benzinga.com/pressreleases/17/07/p9761457/kerastem-uk-hair-growth-data-published

authors reported a mean increase of 31 hairs per cm2 of scalp at 24 weeks compared to baseline, corresponding to a 23% increase (p = 0.017). Kerastem Therapy subjects saw up to a 53% increase in the number of hairs at 6 months.

The investigators performed a single scalp injection of Kerastem Cell Therapy in 9 healthy hair loss patients, and a total of 6 patients were followed for a period of 6 months.
What happened to the other 3?

Anyway, for those who still care - Me at about a year (+ eventual 1mg generic finasteride):
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9c92tbxbhgtxhfe/AACh60NoEJHVxbjIYstSIsETa?dl=0

Baseline & Ongoing:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hikaqgasvxrtnhc/AABLiOTjHV56XDUZSwD2vCyia?dl=0

Verdict? No idea… probably think it'd be better to have just saved the $ and taken the finasteride as I think I've concluded much of the stuff was all in my head in the end.

Maybe the procedure was different than we all got, it was kind of a bit extreme for us to all haul our asses a random clinic in Serbia (are we crazy people?) or maybe there'd have been something different in Spain/Switzerland