Who Would Help Fund A Kerastem Therapy?

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score
We have nothing to indicate it's a scam yet, oculus has been spreading this kind of premature doubtful speculation for a while, at least a month ago! Just the way he rolls

Stupidon

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel sorry for you guys that went through with this; a lot of money, some pain, a couple permeant scars, and no benefit. Shame on those scammers for doing that to you.
You mean you don't have any money to waste? Can't handle a little pain which is not one? And don't need this treatment because your little brain is made of fat?

I feel sorry for you guy. :(

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
I'll be the first to call it a scam if that time comes, but its only 2 months so far.

If finasteride and minoxidil can both induce sheds of some form, and by all measures this was an invasive surgery so have no reason to think it's immune to some kind of shock loss (or, bizarre spot as I unfortunately got) despite what they expected… I mean this could be par for the course.

Or, everyone who had the surgery across the net was a plant and we got scammed. Who knows yet, but we will find out later this year and I hope for all of us who got it it works out.

As an aside, I'm leaning toward trying finasteride again in the meantime… I'm very predisposed to placebo/WebMD-ing myself and may try with a clearer head than my last 1.5 month experience (which, for all I know could have also contributed to making my particular hair cycle weird for getting on and off fairly quickly)

eriklarsson4

My Regimen
Reaction score
IMG_2654.JPG
I'll be the first to call it a scam if that time comes, but its only 2 months so far.

If finasteride and minoxidil can both induce sheds of some form, and by all measures this was an invasive surgery so have no reason to think it's immune to some kind of shock loss (or, bizarre spot as I unfortunately got) despite what they expected… I mean this could be par for the course.

Or, everyone who had the surgery across the net was a plant and we got scammed. Who knows yet, but we will find out later this year and I hope for all of us who got it it works out.

As an aside, I'm leaning toward trying finasteride again in the meantime… I'm very predisposed to placebo/WebMD-ing myself and may try with a clearer head than my last 1.5 month experience (which, for all I know could have also contributed to making my particular hair cycle weird for getting on and off fairly quickly)

I´d say I´m somewhere between NWII-NWIII, no thinning in my frontlock (yet). First time I tried finasteride I freaked out and dropped it for 8 months. Decided to try it again and realized my brain probably played a trick on me the first time. Haven´t had any side effects so far.

However I´ve still experienced shedding while on finasteride. Until now. f*** me, it´s such a relief. I´m just praying for it to stay this way.

If anyone´s curious about the scars, check out the attached photo. The hand is there for size reference.

IMG_2654.JPG

It´s slowly fading and I expect it to be very hard to notice in a few months.

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score
We also know someone from another forum had regrowth from the treatment comparing it to a decent hair transplant; apparently they have quite a lot of experience with transplants as well.

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
We also know someone from another forum had regrowth from the treatment comparing it to a decent hair transplant; apparently they have quite a lot of experience with transplants as well.
I wish we had more actual photographic proof of these claims… its hard not to always come back to "if it works so well, why aren't the clinics getting permission from patients to show the proof?"

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
View attachment 43770

I´d say I´m somewhere between NWII-NWIII, no thinning in my frontlock (yet). First time I tried finasteride I freaked out and dropped it for 8 months. Decided to try it again and realized my brain probably played a trick on me the first time. Haven´t had any side effects so far.

However I´ve still experienced shedding while on finasteride. Until now. f*** me, it´s such a relief. I´m just praying for it to stay this way.

If anyone´s curious about the scars, check out the attached photo. The hand is there for size reference.

View attachment 43770

It´s slowly fading and I expect it to be very hard to notice in a few months.

I am probably the same with more thinning on my temples it sounds like. Still feel like a chewbacca if I try to use any kind of hair product though. Hopefully it's just my body ejecting weaker hairs for something stronger.

My scars are similar, though in a different spot: two entries above my pelvis below my gut that are still a bit red but fading (ScarAway worked really good for me on another injury if you're looking for anything: https://www.amazon.com/ScarAway-Sil...=UTF8&qid=1474719531&sr=8-3&keywords=scaraway) and then another just under the top lip of my belly button that has faded much more quickly.

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
Kerastem Completes Enrollment in US Phase II Hair Growth Clinical Trial
70 Patients Enrolled & Successfully Treated Ahead of Schedule

"Successfully completing enrollment of STYLE is a foundational step towards Kerastem's goal to be the first U.S. FDA approved stem and regenerative cell therapy to treat hair loss. STYLE target enrollment has been completed ahead of schedule," explained Brad Conlan, CEO of Kerastem. Hair loss affects more than 21 million women and 40 million men in the United Statesalone. The global hair loss market is valued at more than $7 Billion and currently has limited options for women and men with early hair loss.1

"We are extremely pleased by STYLE's progress and this is reflective of the significant interest and commitment of participating subjects and investigators, said Ken Washenik, M.D., Ph.D, Principal Investigator. "In addition, we are encouraged that we have been able to demonstrate that same day adipose (fat) harvest, cell processing and scalp treatment is feasible and readily performed in a number of distinct practice environments throughout the U.S."​

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...-ii-hair-growth-clinical-trial-300333134.html

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
I remember the antibiotic capsules having a particularly unappealing smell to them… but since they're gone forget the name as well.

The painkiller is called Caffetin and the scar cream is Bio/on by Crystalderma (fancy arnica gel, effectively)

Stupidon

Established Member
Reaction score
Come again?

If you're trying to suggest that I'm a fool for not waisting $10k on a treatment that not only doesn't work, but leaves you permanently scarred, then I guess you and I define the term, "fool" differently.
1. 10k vs 5k...
2. ONLY doesn't work: We have already feedbacks stating that it works... What's the percentage and how long remains to be seen.
3. permanently scarred: If you are afraid to have a 2 mm mark on your stomach, please just run to a psychologist...

I was not suggesting you are a fool - indeed, at the moment, this treatment is nothing more than a bet to win a few years of maintenance; I'm just suggesting what you are saying is kind of stupid.

On the other hand, it's quite balancing well the over-reacting behavior of some other members.

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
As the dude who is actually the one waiting for a bald spot to fill in from this procedure, a tiny ab/stomach scar (which, they are completely fading anyway) would be a small price to pay if it works, as would the $5k if it helped maintain things until the proper cloning techniques come online in perpetual 5 years from now. It was a gamble, save your sympathy for now until we know whether the bet was a bust or not.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
As the dude who is actually the one waiting for a bald spot to fill in from this procedure, a tiny ab/stomach scar (which, they are completely fading anyway) would be a small price to pay if it works, as would the $5k if it helped maintain things until the proper cloning techniques come online in perpetual 5 years from now. It was a gamble, save your sympathy for now until we know whether the bet was a bust or not.

if some people ran the world we would still be living in caves and afraid of fire.
ignore them
if this works for you guys everyone will be booking their flights and not even give you a thank you for going first

sofia

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I had the treatment on the 11th of October. It all went well and just as the ones who had it done reported.
I cannot say enough about how nice and professional Dr. Katarina is, Znesana was just great, such a kind and professional team.
So now I just have to wait & hope it does help my hair loss.
I wish everyone of you gets good results, will be reporting in the next weeks & months.

Kenkyuusha

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking forward to your updates! I am also a woman. I had a Skype consultation with the clinic some months ago but am still undecided..