Who Would Help Fund A Kerastem Therapy?

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score
This treatment is complete garbage. You have a great chance of getting Telogen Effluvium from it though!! and, if you're not on any treatments, or respond poorly to them, consider yourself f*cked.

This is literally a dubious statement, likely built-up emotion and released suddenly without any real evidence other than speculation and frustration; rightfully so, but nonetheless should not be taken seriously. There's plenty of photos on Google now with obvious improvements, along with the photos they provided us. so it definitely has the potential to greatly thicken the hair; from what I seen regrowth is a little less likely but not impossible.

Everyone that has had this procedure done on this community has not yet hit the six month mark. So for better or worse we cannot make a solid extrapolation off any of them yet. Having said that many other people have had this treatment done, and kerastem has said they are gathering data mostly in Japan; which is likely where the most patients have been treated. It would be good if we could get some of the updated evidence from the company itself!

Last edited:

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's the 2 guys who had it before Lynney45 from other forums: christopher1 and nathan_74. Christopher1 pretty much vanished but nathan74 posted after his 6 month follow up with the doctor. His post is in French but I think he said he compared his result to be equivalent to a good transplant. Who knows though..however we will get a good idea by December if it works from results of the patients who had it from this forum.

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score
Well if that is true that would be quite the impressive results, considering it would've had to Bring some follicles back to life, no scarring from donor extraction and exactly no donor hair is needed.

Edit: never mind I found it, I believe somebody already posted his comment on here so after six months or so he definitely had regrow he sounded like he was excited and so was the clinic with his follow up. counting the two members not on this fourm , And our four members that have had it done but are far too early to evaluate that is a one out of six so far, honestly given that and what I've read about this treatment and the clinics/doctors offering it I expect you guys will see some positive outcomes just have to be patient. 70% response rate that means at least four of you should see some type of improvement/regrowth. If it is accurate.

I think we should contact the company to see how their data is stacking up.

Last edited:

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im picking up on this long thread last night and today so pleas forgive me if i am repeating information i may have missed while reading through.

I live in NY so i was curious about trials in NY they are at a place called Laser Skin Ny I will put link...

The trial in NYC is on hold but what i noticed was how the study patients must be in 'early' stages of hair loss. Why would they do a study on people just in early stages of hair loss? i would think early stage is when its just noticeable to yourself and perhaps a professional but not to others..jsut seems odd.

are all the trial studies for this done only on early stages? Or do you think it was this specific clinic?

http://www.laserskinsurgery.com/Clinical-Trials

Cell Enriched Fat Injections for Male or Female Pattern Baldness
Study participants must be 18 years of age or older and have been diagnosed with Alopecia Androgenetica (early stage hair loss). Therapy includes micro-liposuction under local anesthesia followed by injections of either purified fat with adipose-derived regenerative cells, purified fat only, or placebo into the scalp. Subjects receive 1 treatment and must return for follow-up at 1, 6, 12, 24, and 52 weeks after treatment. Compensation is provided upon study completion.
Click here for inclusion and exclusion criteria
Currently ON HOLD for enrollment

onelargehairplease

Reaction score
if this works and lasts longer than 5 years i'd be on the plane to Belgrade by the time i finish this post. My only problem is would the fat that had been transferred dissipate after a while, causing hair loss again? or would the fat behave like it would from the place it was taken out? i'm hoping it behaves like a hair transplant where the donors keep their genetic properties.

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
Is he on month 3? Month 2 for me in a week, still shedding as normal and minoxidil-ing the sh*t out of that Areata spot :( not calling it a bust yet though, that will ultimately take 6-12 months. That said, I'm not sold on the claim this treatment was not at risk of shock loss (then again, any surgery you have is going to have an inherent risk of this)

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is he on month 3? Month 2 for me in a week, still shedding as normal and minoxidil-ing the sh*t out of that Areata spot :( not calling it a bust yet though, that will ultimately take 6-12 months. That said, I'm not sold on the claim this treatment was not at risk of shock loss (then again, any surgery you have is going to have an inherent risk of this)

did you actually get 'shock loss' or you shedding is just same as before/after treatment?
I know the areta spot was new is that what you referring to as the shock loss?

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
did you actually get 'shock loss' or you shedding is just same as before/after treatment?
I know the areta spot was new is that what you referring to as the shock loss?
Yeah, I guess maybe its not what you normally consider to be that? But I don't know how else to describe the fact I got the spot immediately after the procedure. I don't think my shedding is otherwise accelerated on the rest of my head

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess maybe its not what you normally consider to be that? But I don't know how else to describe the fact I got the spot immediately after the procedure. I don't think my shedding is otherwise accelerated on the rest of my head

Im guessing having this procedure probably did trigger your bout with Areta but i am assuming your prone to Areta?
could have happened if you had any kind of surgery?

Dante2016

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm from Switzerland / Zurich and currently did the Kerastem therapy by Dr. Schlaudraff in Geneva.

Befor starting, I want to apologize for my english. It's not proper and I'm still trying to progress ;)

When I was on the way to a first consultation with Dr. Schlaudraff I had mixed feelings. Thoughts shot wildly through my head... Didn't know what to expect...

But those feelings vanished after I had my first consultation. Dr. Schlaudraff, a very competent doctor who has at least 12 years professional experience in liposucation surgery, has literally took away my fear. He explained precisely the procedure and answerd all my questions. After much consideration I decided a week later to do the Kerastem Therapy. We set up an appointment for the intervention on September 14th. Just by the way, I decided to do it in Switzerland because I'm not depending on money... furthermore It is very comfortable for me to do it in my home country...

I had on September 13th a second consultation, a day befor the intervention. Dr. Schlaudraff explained again the procedure and answerd further questions and then finally the day has arrived. The procedure was a success... I had barely pain during and after the procedure. Dr. Schlaudraff instructed me to take painkillers 4 times a day and to rest for 3-4 days. But so far I took only 3 painkillers and dropped it. I have no bruises, no pains, the grains barely can be seen on the hip. I even went at work and worked out the next days.(Hopefully Dr. Schlaudraff won't read this :D)
There is no sight of stitches or grains on my head and I'm feeling great.

I'll keep you posted after three month mark.

Just for your information:
I'm 30 and my status is as same as jayeffbee... My front is thinning though.

My goal is to keep my hairs and any further growth would be another plus :D

@jayeffbee are you haarnarr?

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
Just for your information:
I'm 30 and my status is as same as jayeffbee... My front is thinning though.

My goal is to keep my hairs and any further growth would be another plus :D

@jayeffbee are you haarnarr?
Sorry friend, I don't know what that means, and Google Translate couldn't pick it up.

As for the spot on my head, the other thing is I definitely have a slight bump on one side that is a little tender, like the fat did not completely settle evenly. Hair is slowly starting to prickle around the area though, hopefully the middle is not a scar.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Blackber just informed me via Whatsapp that he has no good news folks. Sorry.

I just hit month 4 so it could possibly have a positive effect, but nothing as of yet. Hair shedding is still the same as it was before I had Kerastem done.

eriklarsson4

My Regimen
Reaction score
My shedding seem to have reduced considerably the past few feeks.

If this is because of Kerastem therapy, finasteride (2 yrs), me living healthier or Brangelinas divorce - I do not know.

If it will stay this way I do not know either, but for now I sleep a little bit better at nights!

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
My shedding seem to have reduced considerably the past few feeks.

If this is because of Kerastem therapy, finasteride (2 yrs), me living healthier or Brangelinas divorce - I do not know.

If it will stay this way I do not know either, but for now I sleep a little bit better at nights!
What was your before/after like for overall hair and shedding? Curious if some of my shedding is that I've stopped applying minoxidil religiously (really just the Areata spot at the moment). Also looking at trying finasteride again…

Heat06

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel sorry for you guys that went through with this; a lot of money, some pain, a couple permeant scars, and no benefit. Shame on those scammers for doing that to you.

They had a trial happening here in Miami and I emailed the doctor with interest and since then they tried desperately to bring me in. It felt fishy and I didn't believe it would do a thing for me. Desperate and the procedure being free, I almost pulled the trigger.

However, in the end I could not justify the scars and wanted to see the experiences of others that tried it. Glad I went with my gut and dodged this crap.

For those that actually paid for this, I feel awful for you all. Pure scam.