Who Would Help Fund A Kerastem Therapy?

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
Is whoever is getting this done even going to be able to share the results with the rest of us if they really are locking down on the photos as they say they are?

lynney45

Established Member
Reaction score
I will be able to share but its going to be a 6 month waiting game. Also, i figured out how to get the photos, if someone has the same consultation with them they will share their screen so you see the pics so all you need to do is screenshot your screen. I only thought of this after unfortunately.

Bad_Wolve

Established Member
Reaction score
I had a skype consultation with them today as well. I had the same presentation as above and concur. The only point i enquired further on was the injections, there are more than 4-6 although the presentation was edited to show 4-6. She said there are a couple of injections per square cm all over the top of the scalp.

From the pictures i seen in the presentation, i seen the one which i think Christoper1 was referring to were a norwood 6 guy in his 50's went from a NW6 to a NW3.

I thought it was a polished presentation also. I am going for this procedure, they have given me a tentative date of 27th April, i submitted my holiday request in work today, so if its approved i will be booking flights tomorrow.

I am going to put my hair transplant on ice for now, purely because this treatment seems more benificial for me as i still have all my original hairbut its just miniturised all over making me look like a NW3. Therefore the strengthening of the hair appeals to me with this procedure rather than a hair transplant. Also, given the cheap cost its worth a punt.

Another thing, they said the scarring from the lipo can be reduced to 1 incision site, but they generally do two, one on either side for symetry when extracting the fat.

Keen to hear what Vince's experience was like as he had a comprehensive list of questions. Her time with me was limited.

Also, the only pictures they had were up to the 6th month mark. They said they don't have any data or pics at the 12 month mark yet.

They said the procedure can be done under general or local anasthetic. I will definately being going with the general, i want my *** knocked out when they stick a rod in my stomach

in general anasthetic there is always a the risk of dying during the procedure. do it in local form, hair are not that important mate.

JustAnotherNoob

Established Member
Reaction score
I will be able to share but its going to be a 6 month waiting game. Also, i figured out how to get the photos, if someone has the same consultation with them they will share their screen so you see the pics so all you need to do is screenshot your screen. I only thought of this after unfortunately.

I wouldn't screenshot. It's messed up, and you can ruin their careers by leaking data. Theres a reason why they arent posting pics, not cause they don't want to. I'm glad you scheduled yours, i'm gonna schedule mine for June.

in general anasthetic there is always a the risk of dying during the procedure. do it in local form, hair are not that important mate.

Lol, general anesthesia has come a long way. More likely to die in a car accident than a general anesthesia

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is sounding like it might be worth a shot, at least a viewing of their presentation.

As a diffuse thinner who's still got a decent hairline and coverage is would be very appealing to me if true.

For you guys that saw the presentation already would you say the regrowth you saw is comparable to that one Histogen patient that had significant regrowth?

lynney45

Established Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't screenshot. It's messed up, and you can ruin their careers by leaking data. Theres a reason why they arent posting pics, not cause they don't want to. I'm glad you scheduled yours, i'm gonna schedule mine for June.

That's a fair point. If i had the skype consultation again though i would still screenshot them nonetheless for my own reference without uploading them to the net. I didnt feel i got the chance to analyse the pics properly as each one was only shown for a few seconds

- - - Updated - - -

This is sounding like it might be worth a shot, at least a viewing of their presentation.

As a diffuse thinner who's still got a decent hairline and coverage is would be very appealing to me if true.

For you guys that saw the presentation already would you say the regrowth you saw is comparable to that one Histogen patient that had significant regrowth?

There was one pic that was impressive to me and as i said it was the one of the guy who went from a nw6 to a nw3.. The other pics i was impressed with were the female patients. The other pics i seen had moderate improvement. The plastic surgeon i had the consultation with was honest and stated it isn't the magic bullet cure and said the average improvement they see is 30% which i am happy with personally.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
4,500 Euro is $6,750 CAD or $5,110 USD. That's too much for too little results. I'd probably pay that if it were 30%, that's pretty good, but there's no guarantee.

Bad_Wolve

Established Member
Reaction score
1. Does the treatment work for temple recession too, or just the crown area?

From what I've understood it works all over the scalp, it works better on diffused patients who still have hair then on slick bald scalp. She mentioned that women tend to have diffused hair loss even though it's androgenic alopecia as well.

2. What are the side effects?

Doctor said no side effects.

3. When the full results from the treatment are attained? The Swiss clinic stated that results would be seen around the 6 month mark. However i would like to know when the full results can be seen (i can predict it would be around the 1 year mark).

Around a year, I am not sure about this one. Best to wait on their response on this one.

4. Is the treatment good to help transplanted hair too? reason: we know some trasplanted hair thin over time because they run out of stem cells (due to skinny grafts and/or damage in the procedure)

Didn't get to ask this question. We'll have to wait for their response in a few days.

5. Does this treatment works for DUPA?

Didn't get to ask this question. We'll have to wait for their response in a few days.

6. When they say 90% success rate what does that exactly mean; i.e. do all those have a great result? And for the remaining 10% does that mean no results or just very little? Additionally, when it comes to success does this work better on diffuse hair loss or does this not matter?

Very little results.

7. Regarding the cost, what would be the total if it didn't include the flights and hotel stay?

4500 is the price of the treatment only.

8. How long after the procedure the first growth will appear. I can imagine it will not be within a month because those stem cells would have to migrate to the follicles and initiate a growth process.

From what I've been told some have results after a month.

9. Is it possible to inject the cells on the neck and sides by dupa patients?

10. In the trials 1.000.000 cells are going to be injected, how much does they inject?

If I remember correctly it's the same amount but best to wait for them to respond.

11. Why are the before/after pics under top secret and also, why did the patients came back to the clinic for before/after pics when no control examination is necessary after the therapy?

They have a policy not to show their clients photos and they are very protective of them, seemed even a little bit aggressive in not showing them but I cannot be sure if that's just my subjective experience. Which doesn't make sense, I've told her that it's a standard practice for hair transplant surgeons to show their work with blurred faces but she said that they don't need that kind of advertisement especially because they do other cosmetic surgeries as well. Still I can't shake the feeling that they don't have good results to show in the first place. Maybe I'm just too distrustful, idk. Seems everybody want to rip me off and harm my health in the process in this industry.

12. How many injections in the scalp?

I have no clue, it's more then one definitely. Let's wait for their answer on this one.

13. Do they inject into the scalp or underneath the scalp?

Both. Fat is injected underneath the scalp under the hair follicles, stem cells are injected in the scalp.

14. On what notice can they schedule an appointment for a procedure?

Not even sure what this means.

15. Does it work for women as well, does it work better?
I was given no data from what she told me if it works better. I could assume it might work better because women tend to have diffuse hair loss and still have hair all over and don't have Male Pattern Baldness.

16. Do injections cause any shock loss? My guess is they will say yes no matter what but still worth asking.

17. Is there any way they can put you/us in touch with a patient(s) that have received the treatment so we cold get their take on it.

Sadly I don't think so.

18. How long does the procedure take?

19. Does this benefit diffuse thinners more than those or us with slick bald spots?

Yes. Diffuse thinners more.

20. How long ago did they start performing this procedure on patients? Have any of their patients come back for a second treatment? - If they've had patients come back for a second treatment that would tell me it works albeit temporarily (which I'm fine with until Replicel hopefully comes out).

2 years ago if I understood correctly.

21. How are we supposed to know that the pictures they show you are legitimate Kerastem patients and that the pictures haven't been aided by hair transplant's or finasteride?

You don't. For a moment there I thought she wasn't going to show me anything.22. If I am within the 10% failing rate, should I come for a second time and hope it will work?

23. W
ould Kerastem procedure in any way hinder future treatment? Is it only cells that are injected or a portion of fat as well? H
ow would this impact the ability to use topical treatments in the future?
No, from what I've understood. Both fat and stem cells. See the previous post. They are interested in seeing how would multiple treatments work together

25. Why they don't mention this treatment on their website.

26. How the results of this treatment compare to PRP?

It's a different approach obviously. Have to wait for their answer on this one.

the moment when you begin to understand, how good the results of sm after the three month mark are. :grouphug:

lynney45

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you have recession lynney45 at the temporal area? Is it slick bald? Can you make a picture with your hair pulled back please?

Yeah swoop i do have temporal recession, its been mainly from the miniturisation of the existing hairs though. I have kinda always had slightly high temples though

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah swoop i do have temporal recession, its been mainly from the miniturisation of the existing hairs though. I have kinda always had slightly high temples though

I have added another pic which shows the extent on my miniturisation more clearly.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I have added another pic which shows the extent on my miniturisation more clearly.

if i can reverse the miniturisation with Kerestem to a reasonable extent i would be extremely happy. If i was slick bald i would definately not go for kerastem and go for a transplant. Because there is existing hair all over my scalp which is minaturised in places it makes it tricky to operate on from a hair transplant perspective. This is why i am leaning more favourably towards kerastem. If there is not much improvement after a year i will reconsider a transplant or other treatments if they ever come out.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 216
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    364.5 KB · Views: 242

20legend

Reaction score
Based on the information we got so far, I think this treatment could still be useful.

Vincent did mention the before after pictures of the third person were only 2 months apart.

lynney45

Established Member
Reaction score
Based on the information we got so far, I think this treatment could still be useful.

Vincent did mention the before after pictures of the third person were only 2 months apart.

yeah this is true, the 50 year old dude had his before and afters taken 6 months apart, that was the pic with the
most improvement of the males.

i would have liked to have seen alot more 6 month pics, or ideally 1 year. Perhaps it's worth arranging a skype consultation with the swiss clinic christopher1 said he seen dozens of pics from them.

lynney45

Established Member
Reaction score
She said that in January this year they've done this treatment on a few women as a part of an ongoing study. She promised to show me the photos in the January 2017 after one year mark.

The women's pics are kind of irrelevant

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
4,500 Euro is $6,750 CAD or $5,110 USD. That's too much for too little results. I'd probably pay that if it were 30%, that's pretty good, but there's no guarantee.

If half your hair is gone say diffused then 30% (at best) seems pretty weak. Seems a step forward.

lynney45

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol. Shee seems more focused on women from what I could gather.

- - - Updated - - -

In a strictly professional way I mean.

haha yeah i noticed that myself

- - - Updated - - -

@Swoop what's your opinion based on the photo's i uploaded on the previous page? Reckon i am doing the right thing taking a gamble with Kerastem based on the miniturisation i am experiencing (on the premise that Kerastem can hopefully strengthen and thicken that weak hair)? And for the reason that my hair seems difficult to operate on from a hair transplant persepective given that i still have coverage all over the scalp (albiet with alot of miniturisation)

I would be interested on hearing your opinion before i pull the trigger on this please dude...

lynney45

Established Member
Reaction score
lindsety45 if you decide to do it you're going to do it in Belgrade? If you need any help with tips and tips and navigating through the city pm me.

yeah man, i'll be doing it in Belgrade, i see no reason to go to Switzerland if it's a few grand cheaper in Belgrade. Yeah mate, nice one, cheers! will hit you up closer to the time!

JustAnotherNoob

Established Member
Reaction score
Vince,

I think I have to disagree with you on the photos. Assuming we got the same presentation - first pic was the old guy who went from NW6 to NW3, you werent fond of the second and third pic, but everyone on the forum thought those were major improvements, the second and third pic are the ones on Kerastems website, second pic was the short hair guy and third pic is the woman in the website. The fourth pic I dont really remember I start having connection issues. But the fourth pic was one that is not online. So everyone here already knows the second and third pic and from my observations the users believe it was a great improvement.

Another point on why I think this is a good treatment is based off my meeting it seemed like the average improvement was 30% not 10-30%. And 30% improvement on miniaturized follicles is good, but 30% on early stage hair is a huge deal, if my existing hairs had a healthy environment my whole head would look great. It makes sense, and the injected fat stays in your scalp, My only question is how the fat dissapears in male pattern baldness guys in the first place, but by reinserting fat into the scalp we are giving our hair follicles a healthy habitat. So this seems good for anyone, especially guys who are diffuse thinners and not slick bald.

That being said, the first pic of the guy in his 50s was definitely slick bald in a few spots and he grew back quite a bit of hair. I totally think this is worth the 4500 euros and im going to go for it. The only thing I freak out about is those damn needles piercing my brain but im sure there is a lot separating the subcutaneous fat from your brain.