Who Would Help Fund A Kerastem Therapy?

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I'll accept an unsightly scar across my navel any day now in exchange for my lusciously restored lion's mane.
If people ask I'll just tell them in my mannish manner,
"Oh that.,its just a scratch I got last year wrestling a tiger while in Kenya on Safari". :)

lynney45

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there any update on this with regards to the clinic in Belgrade? Has anyone contacted them yet to confirm if it is the same Kerastem procedure? Also, has anyone followed uo with questions in the Swiss clinic yet? If so, was there any reply?

Bad_Wolve

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there any update on this with regards to the clinic in Belgrade? Has anyone contacted them yet to confirm if it is the same Kerastem procedure? Also, has anyone followed uo with questions in the Swiss clinic yet? If so, was there any reply?

hope to get answers to my questions from dr. schlaudraff (swiss) the next few days.

- - - Updated - - -

hope to get answers to my questions from dr. schlaudraff (swiss) the next few days.

lynney45

Established Member
Reaction score
I had this from them, seems there is a 2-3 momth wait for the procedure and they also require you to do a consultation in advance, so this could mean two separate flights...i have asked them if it is possible to do an online consultation or do the consultation the day before the procedure...i have also asked them how significant the scarring is...i am awaiting their reply....

"Dear ......

Thank you for your message. Dr Schlaudraff indeed performs the new Kerastem treatment in his clinic.

As you might have already seen on the internet, the Kerastem treatment is based on the use of your own fatty tissue which is usually harvested through a mini-liposuction in local anesthesia from the abdomen or flanks.
One part of the fat is used as an autologous fat graft to the scalp in order to regenerate the fatty tissue of the hair bearing area.
The second part of the fat is purified in order to obtain the adipose derived stem cells and the so-called ‘stromal vascular fraction’. These cells are then injected during the same treatment into the area that was previously treated with the fat graft.

The biological function is described as a revitalization of the micro-environment of the hair follicles - which ‘wakes up’ the dormant hair follicles and induces the transformation of vellum hair (precursor hair) into normal hair. As described above, this treatment is not a traditional hair graft.

In case you are currently using Minoxidil or other medication, we recommend to continue these treatments. However, we did not observe that it is necessary to prescribe any special postoperative medication if you don't.

It is also important to know that we have observed that the results are usually best in patients with a shorter history of alopecia - since the hair follicles have been dormant for a shorter period of time.
Completely bald patients with a history of decades of hair loss do get better but most likely will not regain ‘normal’ hair density.

In the patients who have been treated with this method, we have observed an increase in hair density up to 29% and an increase of the hair in anagen phase up to 138% at 6 months post-OP.
The price range of this treatment is 6’000 to 7’500 CHF depending on your individual situation, difficulty of harvesting and the clinical exam.

During the consultation Dr Schlaudraff will explain to you your individual treatment plan and show you some results (we do not send any patient pictures via email).

He has over 8 years of experience in the field of regenerative surgery. As far as we know only one treatment is needed. Please note however that the treatment does not prevent anybody from natural ageing, with other words, you might have a successful treatment but that does not mean that you won't loose hair when you are older.

We usually schedule surgery 2-3 months ahead of time but Dr Schlaudraff needs to see you during a consultation first.

Don’t hesitate to contact me in case you would like to have more information or schedule an appointment with the doctor.

Best regards,
Concept- Clinic"

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
Please note however that the treatment does not prevent anybody from natural ageing, with other words, you might have a successful treatment but that does not mean that you won't loose hair when you are older.

Ughhh, what does that even mean? I'm not looking to fix ageing, ffs, I'm looking to fix baldness.
That just smacks of the kind of a**holery they serve you when their treatment doesn't work and they dismiss you up with the "baldness is a part of the natural process of ageing" BS. Insinuations like that really wind me up.

I'm not suggesting it doesn't work at all. But when your treatment has clear limitations, it's only fair you settle for silence and avoidance - you certainly don't try to condescendingly criticise my "unrealistic expectations".

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Ughhh, what does that even mean? I'm not looking to fix ageing, ffs, I'm looking to fix baldness.
That just smacks of the kind of a**holery they serve you when their treatment doesn't work and they dismiss you up with the "baldness is a part of the natural process of ageing" BS. Insinuations like that really wind me up.

Your fat layers will continue depleting over time so the hair loss process will continue. Follow-up treatments might protect you from that.

20legend

Reaction score
I don't think this has anything to do with "normal ageing process". What they mean is some time after the treatment your hair might being to fall again.

- - - Updated - - -

I emailed one of the Kerstem contact in the US

Hi,

I came across Kerastem online and would like to know where I can receive this procedure, the cost and how effective thee treatment will be ?
I have hair loss in the crown and mid scalp region I live in Washigton DC. Close to both Virginia and Maryland.

Answer :
Please forgive the short delay in my response as I have been traveling.

Unfortunately our only sites for our phase II study are in NYC and NJ. I understand you may reside close enough but the schedule for follow-up is often seen as a hardship for all parties. That said, we have the potential to open 8 sites under our current study and while our plans today are limited to 4, this may change in the future. In short, please stay tuned and thank you again for your interest in Kerastem.

Aleksandar

Established Member
Reaction score
From what Inhave heard this could really be effective. I'm really considering getting the treatment in Belgrade.

But I have some questions. As I understand the procedure involves injecting purified fat (or a substance derived from fat) into the scalp.

1. Would that mean that after the procedure the patient would have 'bumps' of fat on his head?
2. Would the procedure involve heavy shedding afterwards?
3. How many injections would have to be placed?
4. How much 'fat' would be injected?
5. Would the injections be under the skin of the scalp or in the skin?
6. Would the procedure be more offective on the crown or temples - or just as effective on both?

I plan to mail the clinic with these and other questions. However, if one of you could answer one or more it would be welcome. Of course I will let you know if I receive an answer.

lynney45

Established Member
Reaction score
From what Inhave heard this could really be effective. I'm really considering getting the treatment in Belgrade.

But I have some questions. As I understand the procedure involves injecting purified fat (or a substance derived from fat) into the scalp.

1. Would that mean that after the procedure the patient would have 'bumps' of fat on his head?
2. Would the procedure involve heavy shedding afterwards?
3. How many injections would have to be placed?
4. How much 'fat' would be injected?
5. Would the injections be under the skin of the scalp or in the skin?
6. Would the procedure be more offective on the crown or temples - or just as effective on both?

I plan to mail the clinic with these and other questions. However, if one of you could answer one or more it would be welcome. Of course I will let you know if I receive an answer.

Have you confirmed that the Clinic in Belgrade offers the Kerastem Treatment identical to Kerastem protocol? If you haven't then you could be wasting your time and money...

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you think yourself?

Swoop, I haven't read through all these posts, but have you expressed your opinion on this? Would be interesting to hear? The bottom line question being - do you think this treatment is potentially beneficial enough that you would try it yourself?

Bad_Wolve

Established Member
Reaction score
Swoop, I haven't read through all these posts, but have you expressed your opinion on this? Would be interesting to hear? The bottom line question being - do you think this treatment is potentially beneficial enough that you would try it yourself?

it is no cure, but it can give you massive regrowth and thickening of vellus hair for about 3-5 years. then you have to do the procedure again. look on the first page, there is a link with their results of phase1.

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
Do people actually think we'd be able to raise enough money for this? It took months to raise 2k to send Hellouser to the Hair Congress...