Who has been using Finasteride the longest on this site?

crisis

Reaction score
OK, i think this could be an interesting post. I hope it hasn't been done recently. Apologies if it has.

What I want to find out is which users have been using Finasteride the longest, and what sort of results they have had. Most posts I read are from people just starting or who have been on it less than a year.

I know the drug hasn't been around that long, but there must be some people on here who have been on it over 2 years? maybe 3 or even longer?

If so make youself known and tell us newbies what sort of results and side effects you have had over the years.

Thanks!

c

Bismarck

Reaction score
I guess the average user here is 1 year or less in finasteride. It is very rare that people come back and report about their success.
And there a quite a few that are 8+ years on finasteride (they already used Proscar long before Propecia was approved).

crisis

Reaction score
Bismarck said:
And there a quite a few that are 8+ years on finasteride (they already used Proscar long before Propecia was approved).

i wasn't aware of this. are there any published studies documenting their progress? anyone on this site?

G

Bismarck said:
I guess the average user here is 1 year or less in finasteride. It is very rare that people come back and report about their success.

Thats a grate point Bis, and thats is why i asked about finasteride in my post i met a guy the other day whos hair looked really good and he told me it took him two years to see results.

So i think one year is not long enough to see if it works or not.

Petchsky

Reaction score
2 years, some regrowth, but i was using minoxidil too...currently maintaining.

GeminiX

Reaction score
18 months, very happy with results so far.

D

tohair

Reaction score
Either 9 or 10 years - perhaps memory loss is a side effect!

I regrew a substantial amount of hair, maintained it very well, and only recently added minoxidil to the mix. I have MORE hair than i did at 24 - 10 years ago.

Bismarck

Reaction score
tohair said:

I regrew a substantial amount of hair, maintained it very well, and only recently added minoxidil to the mix. I have MORE hair than i did at 24 - 10 years ago.

Now that sounds good (the regrowth and maintaining - not the memeory loss) :D

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
tohair said:

brilliant! i hope i am saying the same thing at 34 (i am 24 now)

mre

Reaction score
4 years, 1 month on finasteride for me. I never noticed any regrowth, but it held what I had nicely for 3 years. This last year has been tough though, because I've noticed significant thining and receding at my hairline.

crisis

Reaction score
thanks for the replies. keep em comin'.

ill be happy if i can hold out till i'm 30. can't handle going through my twentys with a balding head, f*** that.

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Ahoy

2 years here - maintenance.

Hate that "mind's eye" though.

Sometimes i look in the mirror at my crown and see appalling thinning and loss (usually when i'm off-my-face drunk), other times, like last night, i think this finasteride stuff is really working (like last night - sober).

Not sure which view is more accurate!

Def

StoptheMadness

Established Member
Reaction score
26 yrs old, started propecia a little over 2 yrs ago....This stuff thickens the hair pretty good....good maintenance, but temple regrowth has started to crater, badly......I think bottom line is that you should without a doubt get on this stuff immediately, before anything else and minoxidil as a force multiplier...

Just don't expect hairline and/or temple maintenace, let alone growth...that would be a fools hope....only luck and time will hold there...

Tony Baggadonuts

Reaction score
I have been on finasteride for about 4 years.

I added minoxidil 5% and nizoral 1% about 3 years ago.

I am very pleased with my results.

Tony B

Why me?

Reaction score
4 yrs for me.... No new regrowth but it slowed/ prolonged the damage but eventually it does all it can and male pattern baldness seems like it wins.

ropcat

Established Member
Reaction score
Four years eight months on 1.25 mg finasteride per day. Good maintenance for four years; some slipping lately, especially on vertex area (strange to say, since it's supposed to be more effective there then on the front). Pleased with results but considering additions to regimen. Very glad I started it when I did, though. I still look substantially like I did five years ago, despite the slipping. One annoying thing is that the waviness in my hair has gone away and it's completely straight now, so I need styling products to give it the same body as before. But that's due to male pattern baldness, not finasteride, I'm sure.

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
2 years 8 months. Solid maintenance with minimal regrowth.

At what stage did your regrowth occur tohair?

I added minoxidil over a year ago to the hairline and have got poor results.

Hairline has been looking bad again lately so time to get back in to strict regime mode!