Which way should I go...paleo or vegan?

balder

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is a study that says a low glycemic load diet improves symptoms in acne patients

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17616769

CONCLUSION:

The improvement in acne and insulin sensitivity after a low-glycemic-load diet suggests that nutrition-related lifestyle factors may play a role in the pathogenesis of acne. However, further studies are needed to isolate the independent effects of weight loss and dietary intervention and to further elucidate the underlying pathophysiologic mechanisms.

Brains Expel Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
The China Study just as readily proved that meat is healthy and wheat is the most harmful substance on the planet as it "proved" that vegetarian diets are best (actually more so the former than the latter).

On the other hand, who gives an absolute sh*t about what some hunched over hairy ape was eating 2 million years ago? Ok, granted they had better posture than most humans now adays. And better teeth. And better circulation. And bigger brains. But even still it's more important to go with what ever works for you.

I got a range of tests run after 8 months on a severely high saturated fat, high cholesterol, high sodium diet of mainly red meat. HDL 56, Triglycerides 54, LDL Pattern A (light fluffy awesome), liver/kidneys/pancreas functioning perfect and blood pressure under the recommended target (in a good way).

As far as the meat emphasis goes, "natural feed" is just as important if not more than organic. This means ruminants graze on grass, pigs eat everything (except wheat) and fish comes from the sea. Favor organ meats over fancy steaks and eat the fat over the muscle. Learn how to cook liver, bone marrow and rich braising cuts correctly.

Paleo doesn't have to be ketogenic (ie: under 50g carbs a day) and it really shouldn't be if you do a decent amount of exercising, which considering the increased hormonal levels you'll get will probably become a compulsion. Just find the sweet spot that works for you.

powersam

Reaction score
Lehman said:
I prefer natural diet either it is whatever and i think vegan diet is more better than other diets and it is considered the best diet and is helpful for hair too.

Wrong, but I bet you'll make a few more posts, leave for a week, then come back and edit a link into your sig.

Rawtashk

Reaction score
Here's an idea, don't go on a crazy strict diet, just stop eating that sh*t food that you know isn't good for you. Get a calorie counter app for you Android or iPhone and track what you eat. You'll be SHOCKED at the amount of calories in some foods.

For example, did you know that it would take a 4 mile run to burn off the calories you get from a "little snack" of a bottle of Mountain Dew and a small bag of Doritos?

Being healthy is not about starvation and elimination, it's about moderation.

the Last Fight

Established Member
Reaction score
Monty you arent well informed about it then. Because you can easily get enough food in you, on the Paleo diet, to allow you to do anything you want

Cassin

Reaction score
From what I gather from people I know and read here & there. It seems like the best overall is a well balanced vegetarian diet with as much salmon as you can east.

powersam

Reaction score
The best diet is and always will be lots of grass fed organic meat and wild caught fish, with some vegetables, nuts and berries.

You need to get the majority of your calories from animal fat and protein.

powersam

Reaction score
What hair loss?

Doubtful, as skin contributes so little to the total metabolic rate.

HughJass

Reaction score
Eat Ray Peat style!

It's basically paleo+dairy. He allows a bit of refined sugar too. Some links below about what it involves.A dude used it to treat his hairloss. I don't have any reason to doubt him when he says it works.

It's not a hairloss diet as such but it looks like taming stress hormones which it's designed to do has that effect on hair. It's basically a pro-thyroid diet.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.p ... ge=1&pp=15

Some of it sounds insane but his research his solid. You can read his writings on his site on all matter of biology stuff. Really interesting.

http://raypeat.com/

A lot of his recommendations for what to eat are scattered all over the web, posted up by people who have had personal consultations with him. The lowcarb link is pretty extensive and Danny's site is good too.