Which Type Of 5ar Is In The Penis ?

Lobo00

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I have an important question, anyone who knows is appreciated.

I know that there are 2 types of 5α-Reductase enzymes.
The question is, Which between Dutasteride and Finasteride is most effective at blocking DHT in penile tissues?
Dutasteride blocks both 5AR1 and 5AR2 and Finasteride only 5AR2, right? But is 5AR1 or 5AR2 in the penile tissues?

Thank you.

Lobo00

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, but I need to know. If someone has studied these things, answer me.
Thank you.

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
One type is for skin etc, one for prostate and one third type for something else. finasteride blocks the first two, dutasteride blocks all three. 98% of users get pee pee shrinkage, 2% of users here castrate themselves and claim no gyno and awesome boner due to “elevated total T levels according to this study, you peasant” even tho total T values mean nothing unless you know your SHBG value, which coincidentally will increase too, so no free T advantage.

Stay away from this poisonous drug my friend. And I speak from my experience with it so be sure to listen to success stories too before making up your mind. Good luck.

abcdefg

Reaction score
5 AR 2 is the one mostly in prostate tissue, but this is a simple answer to a complicated question as all medicine questions like this are because biology is quite complicated. The fact is this our simplified understanding of it right now. There are more things at play we probably dont know yet. There is also a 5 ar 3 enzyme. There is probably a mixture that changes with time, but mostly its 5 ar 2

Lobo00

My Regimen
Reaction score
One type is for skin etc, one for prostate and one third type for something else. finasteride blocks the first two, dutasteride blocks all three. 98% of users get pee pee shrinkage, 2% of users here castrate themselves and claim no gyno and awesome boner due to “elevated total T levels according to this study, you peasant” even tho total T values mean nothing unless you know your SHBG value, which coincidentally will increase too, so no free T advantage.

Stay away from this poisonous drug my friend. And I speak from my experience with it so be sure to listen to success stories too before making up your mind. Good luck.
98% of users get pee pee shrinkage with Finasteride or Dutasteride?

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
98% of users get pee pee shrinkage with Finasteride or Dutasteride?

Both. Well, there was sarcasm in my comment but should you get “reduced libido”, your penis will gradually get a little shy. Also, take blood tests before starting the drug. If you’re already on low T, chances are you’re gonna get gyno and go on trt after discontinuing the drug, like I am now.

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score

You have anything to back up your claims? 5α-reductase type 2 is not found in the skin, type 1 is. finasteride does not inhibit type 1 while dutasteride does.

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have anything to back up your claims? 5α-reductase type 2 is not found in the skin, type 1 is. finasteride does not inhibit type 1 while dutasteride does.

Finasteride inhibits type 1 and 2. I thought everyone knew considering it’s mentioned everywhere. Dutasteride inhibits type 1, 2 and 3 the latter was discovered during the past five years or so. This isn’t investigative murder p**rn and I’m not Randy. You can simply do your own research and see these mentioned in academic foundings.

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride inhibits type 1 and 2. I thought everyone knew considering it’s mentioned everywhere. Dutasteride inhibits type 1, 2 and 3 the latter was discovered during the past five years or so. This isn’t investigative murder p*rn and I’m not Randy. You can simply do your own research and see these mentioned in academic foundings.

Finasteride inhibits type 2 and 3 mainly. Dutasteride inhibits type 1 and 2 but not 3

g.i joey

Reaction score

holy f***, you are dangerously dumb, please inform yourself before you spit this repulsive nonsense out.

I dont know enough about 5ar to advise anyone of anything, but i know enough to say that youre disgustingly dumb

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
Finasteride inhibits type 1 and 2. I thought everyone knew considering it’s mentioned everywhere. Dutasteride inhibits type 1, 2 and 3 the latter was discovered during the past five years or so. This isn’t investigative murder p*rn and I’m not Randy. You can simply do your own research and see these mentioned in academic foundings.
I knew your first statement was wrong, so I didn't even bother asking where you got that from. I wanted to see a study that supports:
even tho total T values mean nothing unless you know your SHBG value, which coincidentally will increase too, so no free T advantage
I couldn't find anything on my own and I would appreciate if you could help out.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
holy f***, you are dangerously dumb, please inform yourself before you spit this repulsive nonsense out.

I dont know enough about 5ar to advise anyone of anything, but i know enough to say that youre disgustingly dumb

He's the ultimate epitome of broscience here on HairLossTalk.com.

In translation: I came here just because I'm mad that I cannot use finasteride without side effects, so I will try my best to prevent everyone else from taking it so I can feel better about my situation.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

lol, and here we go! Another PFS fighter :D

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Once more for the wet carrots of this forum: Finasteride inhibits type 1 and 2. Dutasteride inhibits all three types. Don’t fight it. Do some research. I certainly did long before I registered here and yes, not being able to use the drug successfully and sideeffects free is really unfortunate.

@stachu that goatee must be a lady magnet

Last edited:

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
Once more for the wet carrots of this forum: Finasteride inhibits type 1 and 2. Dutasteride inhibits all three types. Don’t fight it. Do some research. I certainly did long before I registered here and yes, not being able to use the drug successfully and sideeffects free is really unfortunate.

@stachu that goatee must be a lady magnet
"Finasteride (brand names Proscar, Propecia) inhibitsthe function of two of the isoenzymes (types 2 and 3) of 5α-reductase. It decreases circulating DHT levels by up to about 70%. Dutasteride (brand name Avodart) inhibits all three 5α-reductase isoenzymes and can decrease DHT levels by 95%."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5α-Reductase_inhibitor#cite_note-7

The first thing that comes up, there are sources at the bottom. You make a lot of claims without backing up any of them. Since you're the one trying to prove others wrong, you should be the one providing proof.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Finasteride (brand names Proscar, Propecia) inhibitsthe function of two of the isoenzymes (types 2 and 3) of 5α-reductase. It decreases circulating DHT levels by up to about 70%. Dutasteride (brand name Avodart) inhibits all three 5α-reductase isoenzymes and can decrease DHT levels by 95%."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5α-Reductase_inhibitor#cite_note-7

The first thing that comes up, there are sources at the bottom. You make a lot of claims without backing up any of them. Since you're the one trying to prove others wrong, you should be the one providing proof.

Heinrich has made it clear elsewhere on here before, he believes he is above all facts and evidence, citing supporting material isn't going to remedy his rooted cognitive dissonance.

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
supporting material isn't going to remedy his rooted cognitive dissonance.

I blame finasteride and its type 1 inhibition for that one.

@Bigbone you are correct and I was mistaken because I’m too bored to bookmark what I read. Allow me to point out though that finasteride does reduce dht in tissues and bone and disrupts the parasympathetic which also leads to poor blood flow and erections. Some folks here who take the drug when they’re nw2 don’t even respond to it and claim it saved them without sides. It’s the very stupidity of individuals that has made this drug discussion a complete mess, not me and my lack of citing. Besides, it’s clear that there is no universal rule for reacting to this drug, it’s a Russian roulette and many are forced to hide and endure their sides to save their hair. I take full responsibility for my carelessness here, thank you.