Which Topical Is Next Best To Minoxidil?

Faith11

Reaction score
I have just started finasteride 0.25 mg 3 days before. And Now, I want to add potent topical for regrowth. I don't want to use Minoxodil because of its side effect and skin problems.

Instead, I want to use the next best which can give regrowth without any SIDE EFFECTS.

Please share your current regime & success with topicals.

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The only thing that works on miniaturized hairs other than minoxidil, is spironolactone Cream & RU. But when it comes to Regrowth; minoxidil is the best of the bunch. god-like. Top tier. you get my point:)

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
What side effects are you worried about?

A

Alex M

Here's an interesting article about advanced treatments: http://www.omicsonline.org/open-acc...-transplantation-jctt1000105.php?aid=68395#85

The clear takeaway is that there are other molecules that are showing effects on pathways that cause hair loss. Think of them like the 80/20 rule. 80% of your results are probably driven by the big 3 (minoxidil, finasteride, ketoconazole). The remaining 20% are probably driven by these ancillary molecules. Find yourself a high quality topical with caffeine and other agents add it to your routine.

Why not get the best results you can get? I'm always confused when I see black and white thinking, the world is almost always more complicated.

Faith11

Reaction score
@Swoop do you allow snake oil salesmen on this forum?

How can you blame someone when he just talked about caffeine topical? Did he refer to any product? Caffeine is widely used as a topical for scalp treatments.

Come out from your narrow thinking and let people post useful advice.

warner8

Established Member
Reaction score
caffeine doesn't do anything for hairloss otherwise we would all be rubbing starbuvks on our heads, if you wanna waste your time on it go ahead.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
caffeine doesn't do anything for hairloss otherwise we would all be rubbing starbuvks on our heads, if you wanna waste your time on it go ahead.

You're confusing two different concepts.

Something can 'work' for hair loss without being very effective. Just because it won't regrow hair, or won't work nearly as effective as min/finasteride or other treatments doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Will caffeine cure your hair loss? No. Will it regrow hair? Scientific evidence says no.

Will it help? Scientific evidence currently says yes it will.

Why aren't people rubbing Starbucks on their heads?

Many people do use caffeine shampoo, but most don't bother because of how negligible it's affects are.

Dolph

Established Member
Reaction score
How can you blame someone when he just talked about caffeine topical? Did he refer to any product? Caffeine is widely used as a topical for scalp treatments.

Come out from your narrow thinking and let people post useful advice.
His account was created for the sole purpose of referring to his own product through his signature. You may agree with that practice, while I do not, but let's call it exactly what it is.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just picked up a topical from Dr. Carlos Wesley. I believe it's has finally, min, and caffeine. Results look promising and it doesn't leave your hair a mess.

http://www.drcarloswesley.com/new-topical-formulas-producing-results-without-side-effects-of-pills/

How are you liking this topical?

I use his womens blend with spironolactone and estrodial. But I use a foam minoxidil separate for now.

I not on oral spironolactone--its hard to judge how well the topical is working since i am also using minxodil.

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
How are you liking this topical?

I use his womens blend with spironolactone and estrodial. But I use a foam minoxidil separate for now.

I not on oral spironolactone--its hard to judge how well the topical is working since i am also using minxodil.

I like the topical BUT I stopped using it. I had 1200 FUE in Sept. I guess I just lost interest in applying.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I like the topical BUT I stopped using it. I had 1200 FUE in Sept. I guess I just lost interest in applying.

Did you use same Dr for transplant?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bimaprost is FDA approved to be safe. (Results from first FDA trial for safety).
After that the company stopped tests.

For people who don't know, that's a medication used to grow eye lash hair. The
company was going to use that for baldness.

We just don't know how high a dosage is
necessary before it is effective.

So as far as the OP's original question, would order Bimaprost as a growth agent.

Histogen has been saying they were gonna come out since 2011.

Not sure if it is just funding, marketing, or what, but it won't be later.

Last edited: