Which Tape Do You Use And How Long Does It Hold?

George Hen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wear a lace system with poly perimeter around the sides and back.

I’ve been using walker no shine contours since I started wearing (a few years ago) - it’s always been reliable and holds for around two weeks with a reliable hold, without any bonding.

My salon recently used blue tape on my system at the front and super tape from the poly at the sides all the way around the back. The very back actually came loose after a few days but I bonded it down and it stayed firm for the following two weeks. The rest of the system held amazingly well, probably could’ve lasted 3 weeks.

Worth noting that the walker no shine is always quite messy to clean and remove after two weeks whereas the blue tape and super tape were very easy - the super tape came absolutely flying off the poly and left no mess whatsoever. That’s possibly due to it being the first time the system’s been worn according to my salon but I think it’s just a good tape on poly.

what are your experiences with tape? What have you tried and how was it - most notably:

which brand(s) do you use and why?

how long does it hold with bonding?

how long does it hold without bonding?

how easy is it to clean?

what kind of system do you wear?

Noah

Reaction score
what are your experiences with tape? What have you tried and how was it - most notably:

Tops for convenience and length and strength of hold, but (with the exception of 3-mil) I am not comfortable with using it on my hairline, because I feel it is marginally detectable.

Walkers No-Shine, and occasionally Walkers 3-mil thin lace support tape. No-Shine is just a solid reliable option, comes off leaving very little if any residue on the lace mesh, and has never caused me any irritation issues. Also, as its name would imply, there is very little shine from it. 3-mil is the only tape I have found that I can use with confidence on my semi-exposed hairline. It's not quite as discreet as glue, but pretty nearly. I don't use it all the time, but if I need an extra long or extra strong hold.

By "bonding" you mean putting additional glue on the tape? I have never done that.

No-shine - 14 days+ (longer than I would every actually keep the piece on for). 3-mil - about 8-10 days.

how easy is it to clean?

Pretty easy if you detach before the tape starts to degrade - I do a clean-up every week, partly for that reason.

All Swiss lace

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score

Walkers ultra-hold

I don't know what you mean by that

I get two weeks, but change weekly

how easy is it to clean?

Spray with 99% alcohol, wait 15 mins... comes right off

French lace

Reactions: TEG

Manny007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used super tape when I used to wear injected thin skin system easy to clean n 2 weeks hold

Now moved to lace with poly sides using same super tape but on the front lace the super tape, walker tape doesn't work so using ghost bond platinum...looks like walker no shine tape is the one to use for lace will try that

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wear a lace system with poly perimeter around the sides and back.

I’ve been using walker no shine contours since I started wearing (a few years ago) - it’s always been reliable and holds for around two weeks with a reliable hold, without any bonding.

My salon recently used blue tape on my system at the front and super tape from the poly at the sides all the way around the back. The very back actually came loose after a few days but I bonded it down and it stayed firm for the following two weeks. The rest of the system held amazingly well, probably could’ve lasted 3 weeks.

Worth noting that the walker no shine is always quite messy to clean and remove after two weeks whereas the blue tape and super tape were very easy - the super tape came absolutely flying off the poly and left no mess whatsoever. That’s possibly due to it being the first time the system’s been worn according to my salon but I think it’s just a good tape on poly.

how easy is it to clean?

I have been using walker no shine tape for years. I get a week's hold from it. Hardly any cleanup. I wear french lace with poly on sides and back

I am very curious about your experience with blue tape. Although I think it is widely known that the hold is excellent, it is also known as one of the WORST tapes in regards to clean up. Many people have to resort to doing something called a "mirror slide" and stinky C-22 and De-Solv it to get the residue cleaned from the lace.

Maybe you have good body chemistry or something, but from my own experience and others... it is a big MESS!! If it works well for you, then consider yourself lucky!!

Last edited: