Which Styling Product Is The Most Gentle On A Hair System?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Not that I am aware of.

We recommend a leave-in conditioner for daily use, and a deep conditioner when you remove and shampoo the system.
I also use a deep conditioner when I wash or just rinse the system when it's attached (twice a week in total).

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
You probably just need to do it when the system is off your head. This is especially true if you use a leave-in conditioner on a daily basis.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
You probably just need to do it when the system is off your head. This is especially true if you use a leave-in conditioner on a daily basis.
You think there's a limit to how much you can condition the hair? I thought the more the better.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you over condition you can wind up with too much residue on the hair. It will feel and look greasy, and be hard to manage.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
If you over condition you can wind up with too much residue on the hair. It will feel and look greasy, and be hard to manage.
Hmm, but it won't look dry and wiggy at least. Isn't greasy good for reality? Otherwise I would just deep condition once a month, because I only reattach once a month. Wouldn't that be too infrequent?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair's been on for one week and it is SO DRY it's not even funny. Have not washed since attachment, but do use a leave-in.

I think I need to lay off the gel.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use Eco, which doesn't contain it. Either way, I think it's time to just use leave in.

I use this: Revlon Equave Instant Beauty Hydro Nutritive Detangling Conditioner

It's a light mist and allows me to brush and style my hair and then it provides a very light hold.

I use it once or twice a day.

hair4meTomorrow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I need to get some more leave in conditioner. Is there any reason to get a hair system product such as from Professional Labs instead of just something off of Amazon? (The cost is adding up for things right now).

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I need to get some more leave in conditioner. Is there any reason to get a hair system product such as from Professional Labs instead of just something off of Amazon? (The cost is adding up for things right now).

Personally, I think you can find good products off Amazon.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
To each it's own I guess. I have been told by my hair system stylist that I have toppik visible on my temples. But then again, I used black and my hair color is dark brown so it could be due to that. One thing's for damn sure, toppik didn't do much to conceal my thinning hairline, all i remember is there used to be a lot of spillage and it used to be all over my shoulders and shirt.

Dermmatch makes my hair look fuller all around. Toppik could never do that. It was great for covering up bald spots, but it never gave volume to my hair.

I do have both fibers and dermmatch, still I use dermmatch for the temples because it looks more natural than fiber.
Where do you buy Dermmatch? Super expensive from their website.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I am starting to think you shouldn't use styling products, if you don't wash them out the same day. And systems are not meant to be washed that often.

Xyz23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
american crew light texture hold lotion is awesome. its like a hairstyle product which you DONT need to rinse out. i love it