Which Styling Product Is The Most Gentle On A Hair System?

Rick Dalton

My Regimen
Reaction score
So far I have only used a hairspray and I cannot use it everyday as I have to put in quite a lot of work with the conditioner when washing out the hairspray from hair system.

I am thinking of using a little dermmatch to style the hair system. Can you recommend anything else that is gentle and doesn't do any damage?

Xyz23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
american crew light hold texture lotion.
very smooth, smells good and you dont have to rinse out

Rick Dalton

My Regimen
Reaction score
american crew light hold texture lotion.
very smooth, smells good and you dont have to rinse out
Never heard of a lotion for hair, I'll see if it's available in my city. Tell me, does a leave-in conditioner give hold to the hair?

Xyz23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Never heard of a lotion for hair, I'll see if it's available in my city. Tell me, does a leave-in conditioner give hold to the hair?

Just search it on amazon or ebay. Its something like a "leave in " because you put it in the hair without rinsing out again. you should give it a try.
Leave in just makes your hair smooth but I dont know if it really gives your hair hold.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Almost all hairsprays contain alcohol, so they dry the hair. Better not use it. I only spray my temples a little to make hair building fiber stick better.

Rick Dalton

My Regimen
Reaction score
Almost all hairsprays contain alcohol, so they dry the hair. Better not use it. I only spray my temples a little to make hair building fiber stick better.
You should try dermmatch for the temples, if you know how to blend it in and create a recede, it will look better than fibers. Also, no need to spray over dermmatch.

Manny007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You should try dermmatch for the temples, if you know how to blend it in and create a recede, it will look better than fibers. Also, no need to spray over dermmatch.

I tried dermatch for my templates but it didn't work for me, may be I did it wrong, its like black paint

Fanjeera

Reaction score
But fibers are actual fibers just like hair, aren't they? Their texture is similar which should make them look like real hair, no?

Dermmatch seems like just paint.

Rick Dalton

My Regimen
Reaction score
But fibers are actual fibers just like hair, aren't they? Their texture is similar which should make them look like real hair, no?

Dermmatch seems like just paint.
To each it's own I guess. I have been told by my hair system stylist that I have toppik visible on my temples. But then again, I used black and my hair color is dark brown so it could be due to that. One thing's for damn sure, toppik didn't do much to conceal my thinning hairline, all i remember is there used to be a lot of spillage and it used to be all over my shoulders and shirt.

Dermmatch makes my hair look fuller all around. Toppik could never do that. It was great for covering up bald spots, but it never gave volume to my hair.

I do have both fibers and dermmatch, still I use dermmatch for the temples because it looks more natural than fiber.

Diesel guy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My bathroom is full of stuff I bought in the trial and error phase. But at last landed on:

Diamond oil. Adds sheen and weight to my hair. Doesn’t give Hold in place protection, but hair looks good all day.

American Crew medium hold Gel. Keep the we’re look all day. I use this on slightly damp hair

Good quality mousse. I comb it I had opposed to messaging it in. On either dry or damp hair. Combing it in gives a bit more contour. Since my hairstyle is relatively short, I think this works well

Last edited:

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
We recommend:

Avoid:
Wax, texturizing spray and gels
Anything that dies hair or leaves lots of residues (alcohol listed as primary ingredients).

Allowed
Hairspray without propellant
Products that moisturize, but do not get oil on the knots
Leave-in conditioner with sunscreen, use as a styling agent
Even water can be used to style
Clay/Matte, as long as it is light
Pommade, as long as it is light

Fanjeera

Reaction score
We recommend:

Avoid:
Anything that dies hair or leaves lots of residues (alcohol listed as primary ingredients).

Allowed
Why not wax? Isn't that fatty and maybe even conditions the hair? Although it can create I matte look I guess which the hair system will get on its own anyway.

I use paste.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not wax? Isn't that fatty and maybe even conditions the hair? Although it can create I matte look I guess which the hair system will get on its own anyway.

I use paste.

Because they leave too much residue and do not help the hair because they are emulsified, and removing them can strip the hair more than any benefit (you need to wash the hair, and must use a clarifying shampoo to remove buildup).

BTW, this is not a personal opinion, this is what our manufacturer recommends.

Best,

Steve

Fanjeera

Reaction score
We recommend:

Avoid:

Allowed
Could you name products that moisturise, nourish other than conditioner?