Which Styling Product Do I Need? Help!

PatrickBateman1990

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been looking for a suitable hair product for a long time. To avoid a waste of money, I hope to be able to get advice here.

I have quite thick hair, very slightly curly as it grows. If I have short hair I use gel, but I prefer not to use it anymore. With longer hair I have to do it right in 1 movement because the gel quickly becomes hard / dry, and then my hair looks rather 'dead'.

I am fortunate that my "out of bed" hair is often good enough, but this does not always look fresh and as the day progresses, this also collapses.

I've added some images of hair types that look like mine here, I'm curious what these people use to get it that way.

The 1st attachment is about the length that I almost now have. As you can see, there is something in his hair, but not very much so that it looks 'natural' but still remains in model. Then follows the length where I usually cut my hair, but if I have found a product to get it like him, I will leave it on.

And lastly Paul McCartney with nice long hair. I never had it that long but I was close to that, I was wondering if he would have anything in his hair at that time?

Thanks.

Attachments

• r1_68.media.tumblr.com_tumblr_oms945yiZv1qzi1ujo2_500_f4be89df.png
    r1_68.media.tumblr.com_tumblr_oms945yiZv1qzi1ujo2_500_f4be89df.png
    120.5 KB · Views: 647
  • dba5a68d3d8453b164cb7593122bba70-510x340.jpg
    dba5a68d3d8453b164cb7593122bba70-510x340.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 624
  • dbbaa9717995037931aa1a9e98f027af.jpg
    dbbaa9717995037931aa1a9e98f027af.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 607

Tinkwetax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I plan on having the same hairstyle as 1& 2 in a couple of months once my hair gets a bit longer. You can achieve this look by using Sea Salt Water Spray followed by some pomade. The spray will give you a natural thick texture look and the pomade will help keep it in place.

PatrickBateman1990

My Regimen
Reaction score
I plan on having the same hairstyle as 1& 2 in a couple of months once my hair gets a bit longer. You can achieve this look by using Sea Salt Water Spray followed by some pomade. The spray will give you a natural thick texture look and the pomade will help keep it in place.
Thanks for your comment. I just ordered pomade, never have used that product before. I hope this will fits my hair type.

PatrickBateman1990

My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried the pomade now several times and I think it will get the job done to get the hair like photo number 1 in my first post, but I doubt that photo number 2 uses pomade. If it isn't pomade in his hair, what is it then?

Attachments

• 0_Jamie-Dornan.jpg
    0_Jamie-Dornan.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 447
  • Dr7CNhAWwAELXxN.jpg
    Dr7CNhAWwAELXxN.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 435

Tinkwetax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That wavey texture is from Sea Salt spray. Da'dude is a pretty nice one. You can order it on Amazon.

PatrickBateman1990

My Regimen
Reaction score
That wavey texture is from Sea Salt spray. Da'dude is a pretty nice one. You can order it on Amazon.
You know, I believe you that he uses Salt Spray, but I just can't believe you can get your hair like photo 2 with some sea salt spray. It looks more like he uses some kind of gel or styling cream.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would never use gel personally especially with your hair type. I've got thick wavy hair too and I use a paste or clay when it's short and curl defining cream when it's longer. Yes, they do that sh*t for men now lol! Curl Tamer by mg is a great one especially for men - not only does it make my hair look thicker it defines curls and eliminates frizz.
Salt spray is good too but defining cream is better.

Charlotte BAMbeautiful

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been looking for a suitable hair product for a long time. To avoid a waste of money, I hope to be able to get advice here.

I have quite thick hair, very slightly curly as it grows. If I have short hair I use gel, but I prefer not to use it anymore. With longer hair I have to do it right in 1 movement because the gel quickly becomes hard / dry, and then my hair looks rather 'dead'.

I am fortunate that my "out of bed" hair is often good enough, but this does not always look fresh and as the day progresses, this also collapses.

I've added some images of hair types that look like mine here, I'm curious what these people use to get it that way.

The 1st attachment is about the length that I almost now have. As you can see, there is something in his hair, but not very much so that it looks 'natural' but still remains in model. Then follows the length where I usually cut my hair, but if I have found a product to get it like him, I will leave it on.

And lastly Paul McCartney with nice long hair. I never had it that long but I was close to that, I was wondering if he would have anything in his hair at that time?

Thanks.
The BAMbeautiful thickening styling spray is perfect. It gives hold and shine but is not greasy. you just spray it onto the roots once you are out of the shower and it will make your hair look thick and full of body.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You do realize you can take photos of your hair without your face?

TheMechanic

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with some of the other posters here: hair loss or not, I would recommend against hair "gels", as they tend to be cheap, alcohol-filled gunk, that often results in a shiny, tacky, dried-out mess.

Invest in a good pomade, or any other styling product that has little-to-no shine.