Which Nortwood Am I? Huge Forehead Guy

fromhairtohair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think im thinning at temples...or just paranoid? Whats with the baby hair everywhere?
Male 28. Brother older and father full heads

Attachments

• 20180531_003301.jpg
    20180531_003301.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 768
  • 20180531_003325.jpg
    20180531_003325.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 740
  • 20180531_003230.jpg
    20180531_003230.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 751

fromhairtohair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, could you please check my temples as well? Im already quite worried, especially since I've been told n reddit that Im NW3...

Attachments

• 20180531_182613.jpg
    20180531_182613.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 494
  • 20180531_182950.jpg
    20180531_182950.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 474
  • 20180531_182933.jpg
    20180531_182933.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 443

fromhairtohair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Their pulling your leg, if anything you're a Norwood 1.5 which is still ground for "maturing" hairline. Still a form of recession, not many people think its real but quite frankly, it is.

If you see vertical thinning to the temples is when you should be most concerned. Go to a reputable dermatologist for a microscopic evaluation of scalp, they'll determine whats going on.

I have sheduled digital TrichoLab and TrichoGram (some advanced analysis)... i figured its worth the cost instead of living in fear and uncertainity. It just demonstrates how weak my character really is lol.

Thank you, and other members of this forum. Once im rich ill fund antibalding research whether im bald or not lol. You guys rock.

fromhairtohair

My Regimen
Reaction score
That would be greatly appreciated.

well.. I have first batch of news...

preliminary, I was diagnosed with male pattern baldness... they took look at specific areas with 70x zoom and I had over 50% velus hair (WTF?)... so apparently Im royally fucked... I will have to wait for 4 weeks for official results, as these were very preliminary done by their software, but it's not looking good.
There were some follices that did not produce any hair...
They also did genetic test for male pattern baldness, but thats also 4 weeks to get result...

It feels a bit unreal as eveyone (family etc.) says my head is full of hair and that I'm paranoid, but I guess it's time to accept my fate.

I will update this as I get results.

fromhairtohair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the detailed response.
I'm now back on edge about my hair situation, seems ideal for me to go to get a microscopic evaluation as well.

I would go for it if I were you... I'm still curious what will labs and genetic test will yield. Also yanking my scalp on various places yielded only 1 hair (which doesn't make sense if 50% is in telogen phase and as I haven't washed or combed hair for 3 days (they told me not to))... Needless to say, everyone I told this to is bamboozled.
I'll post results here once they're back (4weeks)...

fromhairtohair

My Regimen
Reaction score
They did not really. They said it wont give me hair back. I wanted to. They send bloodwork to other company so its almost like second opinion...

So if it would be diffuse thinning it has progress like this? That 50% of hair would be velus / telogen? Could there be any other case? Iike Telogen Effluvium?

Or maybe some people have some smaller hair in head by default?
I mean what doesnt make sense to me that noone noticed anything and apparently 50% of hair is miniaturized...

Last edited:

fromhairtohair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is pic from crown I took because of that red bump... is my hair really thinned out?

Attachments

• IMG-20180606-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20180606-WA0000.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG-20180606-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20180606-WA0001.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 302

Japnicks India

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is pic from crown I took because of that red bump... is my hair really thinned out?
From your main photos, i was jealous. Hated you for posting here when you have a good hairline.

These latest photos, makes me reconsider. I guess it’s beginning. Also blood samples are taken to determine any deficiency, if this is ruled out then its male pattern.

I have some questions for you.
How many hair strands are you losing daily?
Since when you’ve noticed your hairloss?

fromhairtohair

My Regimen
Reaction score
i am having blood work done right now as well as thyroid...
TBH Im not experiencing hair loss... only couple strands a day, nothing too dramatic... even pulling of hair by derm on various places resulted only in 1 hair loss... so Im weirded out..

is any hair loss associated with diffuse thinning? i suspect i may have that

Could it be that its slow process? I mean my father has hair very slightly thinned out (like me I suppose), but nothing too dramatic, and he's 55

Uzii52

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i am having blood work done right now as well as thyroid...
TBH Im not experiencing hair loss... only couple strands a day, nothing too dramatic... even pulling of hair by derm on various places resulted only in 1 hair loss... so Im weirded out..

is any hair loss associated with diffuse thinning? i suspect i may have that
Same here....i too suspect to have diffuse dontd lose much hair but hair is thin all over scalp . ....i posted a thread...checkbit out with pics

fromhairtohair

My Regimen
Reaction score
U don't really believe them when they say 50%. If that where the case, simply parting your hair down the middle would reveal sparse areas of thinning.

they didn't say it per se, the software + scanner displayed it... they took scans of various places under 70x zoom, and each time software was also analyzing width of hair... and it said 50% are non-terminal hair... and it was clear from picture that a looot is much thinner.... is it normal? I don't know. They said not. But if it implies aggresive balding, that of I dont know too..