Which life would you rather live?

Which life would you rather live?

• Total voters

CCS

Reaction score
Would you rather live your same life over, but never getting worse than NW2, and having at least average sized down there, and staying on planet Earth and living to age 75?

Or would you rather have perfect genetics and looks, and never have to work, and access to rock climbing and the beach and other sterilized hotties all under 30, until, completely by surprise and without you knowing, you are harvested for your organs by the controlling race that gets to live 1000's of years?

Please post your age with your post.

CCS

Reaction score
You are at work probably at least 9 hours per day counting commute and luch time. What if that time could be spent doing stuff you love? And your young years are your best years, in some ways at least. Obviously as you get older you have life long friendships and way more knowledge and kids and such. Obviously if you love your job and your kids, you will probably pick the long life.

Since humans have a desire to pro-create, I suspect that might make the long normal life people the majority.

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd much much much rather live til I'm 30, not doing anything "constructive" in terms of working.

I'm 21 now, and I consider myself lucky to have had my eyes opened so early. When I was 16, I used to work 40 hours a week (at relatively good pay at the time) and went to school full time. Making $1700 a month when you're 16 years old gives you a false impression of being 'rich'.

By the time I was 19, It started to wear me down... I couldn't stomach working 40 hours a week, at ANY job. I became less dependable, less focused and less interested.

So I quit, and launched my own business. It was the best thing I could have ever done. Sure, I'm making a fraction of what I was when I was 16 (its expected in your first year of business), but, in most regards, I'm free.

What is free to me? Not being dictated by the world of 9-5. I can do what I want, when I want, however I want, without someone breathing down my neck with their "schedule".

Sure, I'd want to live longer; we all do. But at what costs? Is slaving 9-5 really "living"?

EDIT: Okay, maybe I missed the point of the thread, lol. CCS, I wouldn't necessarily say that being an above average looking beach bum is perfect youth. But again, I'd rather be a beach bum that lives til 30 doing what I love rather than a 50 year old going through a mid-life crisis because beyond work, I haven't accomplished much in life.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I'm guessing you picked the first option CCS? :shakehead:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Neither of your choices. I went ahead and chose my own, the life of a billionaire who looks like a 6ft 3 inch male model with a full head of hair that never grays or thins and skin that never wrinkles or gets moles or skin cancer.

CCS

Reaction score
I came up with this question when trying to justify eating cow meat by the fact that they are going to die anyway and we are giving them a decent life free of worries about preditors.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Intensive farming is hardly a decent life.