Which Hairloss Theory Do You Believe?

Which hairloss theory do you believe???

• Gravity theory that postulates that scalps weight causes baldness

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • DHT theory which postulates that hair on balding scalp are genetically sensitive to DHT .

Votes: 57 67.9%
  • Tight galea theory says that muscle tension causes tight galea and male pattern baldness

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • Skull expansion theory which States that skull expansion causes baldness.

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters

InBeforeTheCure

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why nobody is talking about androgen receptor gene?. AR gene has been coming into forefront in many studies with bigger sample sizes. Specific AR gene allele is cardinal prerequisite for baldness.

There's no (known) one allele that's prerequisite...as long as you have a functional AR. There are known alleles that have large effects and others that have small effects, but none with absolute effects besides rare and devasting ones.

Is the AR encoded from just 1 gene or many genes?

Just one

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
DHT is established factor in baldness. In order to exert its effects androgen needs AR gene which is why AR gene has been sighted as baldness gene. AR gene polymorphism is what decide it(AR gene) would whisper or speak loud in your scalp(in whole body in fact). Most bald people have AR gene that is overreacting ,which is good for other function but havoc for scalp hair. That's why the myth that you inherits baldness from your mother still persistent.AR gene lies on X chr,which men only inherit from mother.
Normal variation in Amount of androgens has nothing to do with baldness, smaller amount could turn one bald if he has fucked sensitive. AR gene.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I believe in the dht sensitivity theory but the results that people that change sex from male to femmale give me something to thinking...

Male prone to male pattern baldness start taking finasteride and killing the dht ,he can slow down the hair loss and reverse a bit the process ( thinning hairs become more thicker)

Male prone to male pattern baldness NW7 change sex to femmale, he kills testo, dht and add ESTROGENS. he could regrowth super healthy thicker hairs in a totally bald scalp.

so estrogens are a super growth factor for hairs or they give incredible results by weaken skull bones and inducing atrophy of the muscle (less tension) in the head ?

if the second its true probably dht its not the only culprit.

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There was a time when I thought this sh*t was related to neck and posture. Man any scenario you create is just destroyed by every day life examples. It must be a predetermined thing that you will go bald it’s just that some are more sensitive, some bald faster, some trigger this later in life and so on. Since it is obvious that this is a DNA thing, why am I reading about Italian lotions about to hit the market? I agree with the donor multiplication, that’s the first step in a number of steps to further improve and develop transplants, since they won’t go away any time soon. But why doesn’t anyone look deeper into this? Why are we still fighting the problem from the outside?

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But why doesn’t anyone look deeper into this? Why are we still fighting the problem from the outside?

Because most serious scientific/medical research is state funded. Private enterprise tends to only enter the equation towards the marketing end. Thus, with baldness not deemed a priority, funding is directed elsewhere.

Maave

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There was a time when I thought this sh*t was related to neck and posture. Man any scenario you create is just destroyed by every day life examples. It must be a predetermined thing that you will go bald it’s just that some are more sensitive, some bald faster, some trigger this later in life and so on. Since it is obvious that this is a DNA thing, why am I reading about Italian lotions about to hit the market? I agree with the donor multiplication, that’s the first step in a number of steps to further improve and develop transplants, since they won’t go away any time soon. But why doesn’t anyone look deeper into this? Why are we still fighting the problem from the outside?
Targeted DNA testing is expensive and wouldn't garuntee any cure. We might be able to find a gene responsible and still not be able to do anything about it. Certainly gene editing won't be feasible or legal (in humans) for many years.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Targeted DNA testing is expensive and wouldn't garuntee any cure. We might be able to find a gene responsible and still not be able to do anything about it. Certainly gene editing won't be feasible or legal (in humans) for many years.
Gene editing is not the the future or fiction thing. Its is happening now.in 2017 a Hunters disease patient receive first gene editing treatment and his health had improvement after 3 months. Few months before CRISPR therapeutics had to stop the treatment of sickle cell anaemia patients due to oversmart american laws.
Hair loss problem will definitely get huge benefits if resources are provided.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have to agree with Heinrich Harrer, I believe the only reason Finasteride works is because it increases Estrogen. Which is kind of depressing for the future of hair growth drugs. If the reduction of dht is really just a side effect of the increase of estrogen than we are only left with one option, hormone replacement. It is a decision I have allready made. I have been on 200 mg spironolactone and 6 mg estriol for 1 month now. so far nothing to report.

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Nah. As always, many people with diabetes, junkies, zombies from burned thyroid gland, still have their hair.

All I can say is that when stress hit my door at 14, I had cripples thyroid at 17 after a year of smoking. That’s when not only my hair disappeared but I also slowly deteriorated in terms of energy. ALL that when I started levothyroxine. That drug is poison, believe me. But necessary.

My mother also developed hypothyroidism from stress few years ago and she is losing a lot of hair but without balding. I do know a mate from gym though, protein shakes and diet, he’s on Levo too. Even though you can literally spot one from their face (we got this weird face when on these meds), his hair is in tact.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nah. As always, many people with diabetes, junkies, zombies from burned thyroid gland, still have their hair.

All I can say is that when stress hit my door at 14, I had cripples thyroid at 17 after a year of smoking. That’s when not only my hair disappeared but I also slowly deteriorated in terms of energy. ALL that when I started levothyroxine. That drug is poison, believe me. But necessary.

My mother also developed hypothyroidism from stress few years ago and she is losing a lot of hair but without balding. I do know a mate from gym though, protein shakes and diet, he’s on Levo too. Even though you can literally spot one from their face (we got this weird face when on these meds), his hair is in tact.

just reading material. We know androgenetic alopecia is complicated. We obv know dht is the most wanted here Everybody s different , So, what if everybody have have different cause to their androgenetic alopecia (androgen sensitivity)? This could be one of them until it's proven otherwise

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe the theory that hairloss sucks, there's nothing that will ever affordably cure it withought significant side effect, and that we are all 100% screwed.

Sorry, I'm in that negative nancy kind of mood. A mood only curable by lots of new hair growth and lots of new not-shedding-anymores.

Last edited:

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you intimating that smoking caused your thyroid problems?

Nah I had them before, due to stress. My guess is around 13. But smoking definitely did something to my hair. Maybe it started it off idk. Maybe it worsened my stress. I’ve quit for years now but damage is done.

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nah I had them before, due to stress. My guess is around 13. But smoking definitely did something to my hair. Maybe it started it off idk. Maybe it worsened my stress. I’ve quit for years now but damage is done.

I’m interested in this line of thinking. Do you think any amount of smoking will damage hair or are we talking persistent long term usage?

abcdefg

Reaction score
I have to agree with Heinrich Harrer, I believe the only reason Finasteride works is because it increases Estrogen. Which is kind of depressing for the future of hair growth drugs. If the reduction of dht is really just a side effect of the increase of estrogen than we are only left with one option, hormone replacement. It is a decision I have allready made. I have been on 200 mg spironolactone and 6 mg estriol for 1 month now. so far nothing to report.

No way jose. Propecia works because male hormones make you go bald. Its why women dont have mats of back hair with full santa beards or at least most of the ones I have seen! Male hormones make perfect sense when you account for why men bald so commonly, and women dont we just dont understand the critical sensitivity piece yet
Women have higher estrogen, and it probably has protective good effects for hair. estrogen is good for hair, but DHT/male hormones are bad. Just two different factors that could act through completely different sets of pathways. Propecia works through androgens not estrogen