Which Hairloss Theory Do You Believe?

Which hairloss theory do you believe???

• Gravity theory that postulates that scalps weight causes baldness

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • DHT theory which postulates that hair on balding scalp are genetically sensitive to DHT .

Votes: 57 67.9%
  • Tight galea theory says that muscle tension causes tight galea and male pattern baldness

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • Skull expansion theory which States that skull expansion causes baldness.

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4723236/

“The consequence of chronic inflammation is endothelial dysfunction that sets in and we can define it as an integrated marker of the damage to arterial walls by classic risk factors”.
Endothelial cells are what blood vessels are made of. I agree with everything you’re saying, maybe I phrased thatpoorly. I should’ve said “the inflammation from DHT puts pressure on the blood vessels and causes a lack of blood flow to the follicles”.

well thats one of the theories amongst others.
here you will find others https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4174066/
sick isnt it? ; )

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With all the stuff about cetirizine and hydrocortisone I'm convinced inflammation plays a role. The fibrosis/calcification stuff on the other hand I think is nonsense because we've had users here go from NW6-7 to like NW2.5 via HRT methods. The scalp may go through these processes but it won't stop hair from growing

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Easily. PDG2 , the study done by Cotsarelis was simple great, one of the best ( if not ) the best study on on Androgenetic Alopecia. Plus, I see what a week inhibitor of PDG2 ( cetirizine ) can do on my scalp . Fevipiprant ( side effect apparts ) will be the closer thing we will see to a cure.

Beside anybody tell me " PDG2 could be the consecuence, not the cause " I suggest you to read a book about physiology . prostaglandin , in any disease, are the cause . And In this case, it is all started by DHT, BUT, DHT value in balding and not balding ( except for very young balding ) are the same .

And before you tell me " so aspirin is the solution " . The answer is no, cause there are other prostaglandin ( may be this is the one that minoxidil stimulate ) that must be present for proper hair growth.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
well thats one of the theories amongst others.
here you will find others https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4174066/
sick isnt it? ; )
Sorry, but is a stupid one . "Blocking conversion of testosterone to DHT delays progression of Androgenetic Alopecia"
Blocking DHT will save your hair for ever . Lamless, no genius invent a good topical one.

Another stupidity "Why does DHT increase in balding scalp? " It is not increased !!!!!!!

Also, that stupid theory don't explain why hair transplant growth in the transplant zone..

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Easily. PDG2 , the study done by Cotsarelis was simple great, one of the best ( if not ) the best study on on Androgenetic Alopecia. Plus, I see what a week inhibitor of PDG2 ( cetirizine ) can do on my scalp . Fevipiprant ( side effect apparts ) will be the closer thing we will see to a cure.

Beside anybody tell me " PDG2 could be the consecuence, not the cause " I suggest you to read a book about physiology . prostaglandin , in any disease, are the cause . And In this case, it is all started by DHT, BUT, DHT value in balding and not balding ( except for very young balding ) are the same .

And before you tell me " so aspirin is the solution " . The answer is no, cause there are other prostaglandin ( may be this is the one that minoxidil stimulate ) that must be present for proper hair growth.

May I ask 1 stupid question, since fevi is much more powerful in blocking PGD2, why are they trialing for seti for Androgenetic Alopecia and not fevi ?

We will see if PDG2 is the answer or not after seeing Seti 's trial results.

Last edited:

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
In addition to cancer, heart disease, metabolic syndrome, hypertension and pattern baldness, faulty hair follicles are also linked to low sperm count. Big pharma to the rescue!!

Last edited:

mjolnirvscat

My Regimen
Reaction score
One of several risk factors such as insulin resistance, DHT, clinical diabetes, metabolic syndrome, systemic food allergies, autoimmune system, serious intestinal flora disorders, smoking, acute or chronic alcoholism, impaired omega 3 / omega-6 balance, as a result of several influences; In the event of low-intensity systemic inflammation starting in the body, the vessel endothelium layer is damaged over time and the veins are calcified and clogged by accumulation of calcium plaques in the veins.
As a result, the hair can not be fed and starts shedding. Most effective one is immune system i think.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been researching this male pattern baldness for months now and I am convinced now that this problem is caused by many mechanism but cardinal prerequisite is faulty AR gene + loads of DHT.
Once both requirements are fulfilled that person would start to loose hairs exponentially.
I personally believe mechanical stress galea theory but one will need DHT and fucked AR gene for that mechanostress to cause baldness.
But this theory has also its flaws. Why hairs over galea are DHT sensitive? This is trillion pound question .once we have answer to this question then problem of baldness would go away like vapours.
I personally thinks DHT and faulty AR are kick starters and then that fibrosis calcification ,micro vascular insufficiency comes in.
Reading all scholarly articles and discussions I have come to the conclusion that problem of male pattern baldness will not be solved in next 50 years unless we have some solid breakthrough. Human body is like machine but not machine exactly. You cannot just change parts and repairs .it is an environment than system. If anything changes slightly in that environment ,it will bring havoc
male pattern baldness is that havoc. Bald people and non bald people lives in different internal environment. You will need to change environment...

Last edited:

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With all the stuff about cetirizine and hydrocortisone I'm convinced inflammation plays a role. The fibrosis/calcification stuff on the other hand I think is nonsense because we've had users here go from NW6-7 to like NW2.5 via HRT methods. The scalp may go through these processes but it won't stop hair from growing

I wonder why temples are so hard to recover in this case of male pattern baldness.Whatever the reason of male pattern baldness, it affects all the galea area so if someone can recover from nw7 slick bald to nw2 why can't they recover temples to become nw0 ? I have seen so many hrt regimens, they got
marvelous recovery but they always stay at like nw2 area.

I've seen few cases too who recovered their full temples but their hair loss weren't advanced.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry, but is a stupid one . "Blocking conversion of testosterone to DHT delays progression of Androgenetic Alopecia"
Blocking DHT will save your hair for ever . Lamless, no genius invent a good topical one.

Another stupidity "Why does DHT increase in balding scalp? " It is not increased !!!!!!!

Also, that stupid theory don't explain why hair transplant growth in the transplant zone..

well that's just because you dont read what have been said .
the hairs in the donor area are not genetically predisposed androgen-sensitive.

don't you think these guys regrow a good amount of hair because they had a short hairloss history and that their scalp was not as fibrosed as it can be for a 60 yo man who is balding for 30years?

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If the faulty hair follicles theory is true, then why doesn't hair re-grow in bald areas after the DHT storm is quieted? And why doesn't DHT-inhibition lower our risk for prostate and ovarian cancer, hypertension, metabolic syndrome and heart disease?

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
well that's just because you dont read what have been said .
the hairs in the donor area are not genetically predisposed androgen-sensitive.

don't you think these guys regrow a good amount of hair because they had a short hairloss history and that their scalp was not as fibrosed as it can be for a 60 yo man who is balding for 30years?
Hairloss is extent ,if someone is nw7 at 30 and other is at 60 both must have same extent of fibrosis and calcification. It is not about time it is about severity.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
If the faulty hair follicles theory is true, then why doesn't hair re-grow in bald areas after the DHT storm is quieted? And why doesn't DHT-inhibition lower our risk for prostate and ovarian cancer, hypertension, metabolic syndrome and heart disease?
DHT inhibition lowers prostate cancer size .if anti dht taken pro actively they will definitely reduce prostrate ,ovarian and metabolic syndrome risk.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder why temples are so hard to recover in this case of male pattern baldness.Whatever the reason of male pattern baldness, it affects all the galea area so if someone can recover from nw7 slick bald to nw2 why can't they recover temples to become nw0 ? I have seen so many hrt regimens, they got
marvelous recovery but they always stay at like nw2 area.

I've seen few cases too who recovered their full temples but their hair loss weren't advanced.
Frontalis are big muscles and they have most stress or pull on temple area I guess, that's why temple areas are hard to grow. I would recommended a massage to frontal muscles elsewhere to tackle this issue.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairloss is extent ,if someone is nw7 at 30 and other is at 60 both must have same extent of fibrosis and calcification. It is not about time it is about severity.
I meant cases of crazy regrow (using extreme regimen) were "young guys" with agressive hairloss but they still had thinning here and there and vellus. You can't compare this with older people who have high norwood who have a long hairloss history and a slick bald area, tight thin galea.

furtbr

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is true that eunuchs (with no DHT) don't have hairloss, but there are people with really high DHT that have a full head of hair. I don't believe the theory that says "oh, it is because bald people's hair follicles are sensitive - let's make then eunuch chemichally so they can have hair". It is just the easier answer, and with no proof whatsoever. Just a made up story. I believe the cause of hair loss is some sort of behavioral-environmental factor that we failed to grasp yet.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is true that eunuchs (with no DHT) don't have hairloss, but there are people with really high DHT that have a full head of hair. I don't believe the theory that says "oh, it is because bald people's hair follicles are sensitive - let's make then eunuch chemichally so they can have hair". It is just the easier answer, and with no proof whatsoever. Just a made up story. I believe the cause of hair loss is some sort of behavioral-environmental factor that we failed to grasp yet.
Behavior and environmental factors are there ,nobody denies .but they are secondary. If you have fucked genes then no diet or behaviour changes would help you. They may halt or lengthen the time span but you can't escape destiny of your hair. If we consider body as environment and genes as environmental constituencies them that would make sense. Just saying diet and jink food causes hairloss couldn't help anyone. I know smokers alcoholics and crazy junkfood eaters with perfect thick hair and bald/balding neatly mannered people . genes are destiny...

furtbr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Behavior and environmental factors are there ,nobody denies .but they are secondary. If you have fucked genes then no diet or behaviour changes would help you. They may halt or lengthen the time span but you can't escape destiny of your hair. If we consider body as environment and genes as environmental constituencies them that would make sense. Just saying diet and jink food causes hairloss couldn't help anyone. I know smokers alcoholics and crazy junkfood eaters with perfect thick hair and bald/balding neatly mannered people . genes are destiny...

Yes, I do agree that genes play an important role. But let's say, we put a perfectly healthy polar bear in the Sahara desert. The polar bear will suffer, and he doesn't have "bad genes". Even in the arctic, if you force the bear to take 3-hour hot baths everyday he will have health problems. It is just the behaviour, the environment.

The thing is, humans have different genetics. What may be a good behaviour-environment to one, may not be a good one to the other. So I believe it is environmental or "bad behaviours".

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I meant cases of crazy regrow (using extreme regimen) were "young guys" with agressive hairloss but they still had thinning here and there and vellus. You can't compare this with older people who have high norwood who have a long hairloss history and a slick bald area, tight thin galea.
Well ok I don't know about that to be fair but I do know that being NW7 in itself does not mean your scalp is too calcified or whatever to regrow