Which Glue And Tape To Use..........

lakewild

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

Am a guy that is very active in my life with gym and sports like basketball. Which kind of glue would you recommend for the front and tape for the sides/back.

I heard there is white bonds glue that are water based and clear bonds glue that are chemical based and that the clear bonds are less visible if you sweat?

If you have any recommendations on a brand for glue and tape that is good please let me know :)

Noah

Reaction score
It depends on your body chemistry, but I realise that's not a very helpful answer. Of the glues, I would say the popular strong ones are ORWG (oil resistant white glue), Ultrahold, Ghostbond and Davlyn (which is what I use). If you are very active you might prefer to use tape for the back and sides where it won't be visible and glue just for the hairline. Again, there are tons of different brands of tape. I use Walkers No-Shine, and I have no complaints.

Mostly tape is too detectable to use on a hairline if it is exposed, but there is one exception - Walkers 3-mil tape. I use it on my hairline if I want a particularly long or strong hold. It's not quite as good a result as glue, but not far off. You should investigate it too.

The reason why some glues turn white is because they have been allowed to get wet before the glue is fully cured. You have to leave them for 3 or 4 hours after application before you get seriously sweaty. Once they are fully cured they won't turn white.