Which Drug Would You Rather Take Propecia Or Generic Brand ?

Sworthyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
been taking 1mg propecia for 6 month good results and no sides.

Accidentally bought a really cheap brand of finasteride and stuck on what to do, should take them back and get propecia ?

Jim lahey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's the same sh*t different prices proscar from a doctor is virtually free if you have insurance even if you don't it's cheap af.

Sworthyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks I’ll be taking the generic back tomorrow, getting propecia then look at other options when they run out

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
This thread is stupid. The brand makes no difference as long as the drug (finasteride) is present in the correct dose then you're set.

Sworthyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stupid how ? Propecia is made by one company and the other generic made by another company, any one who suggest that they are both same are delusional.

Imo two different companies making the same product will have differences and there is a lot of evidence to back it up, I bought a really cheap generic it will absolutely be less effective than propecia

abcdefg

Reaction score
Stupid how ? Propecia is made by one company and the other generic made by another company, any one who suggest that they are both same are delusional.

Imo two different companies making the same product will have differences and there is a lot of evidence to back it up, I bought a really cheap generic it will absolutely be less effective than propecia

There are differences, but its a law in our country at least that the generic must have nearly exactly the same active ingredient as the original brand name drug. Why would it not work the same if the active ingredient in it matches the original?

Sworthyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
While it is obviously fact that branded and generic tablets hav to by law contain finasteride ( the same active ingredient ) it is not the law to contain the same inactive ingredients ( please note this is the important part ) so things like the bulking agents, fillers and lubricants.

These help keep the drug effective during storage and also how effective it is at absorbing into the body. Propecia use more effective solutions which are pricey while generics don't

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
The cheap brand
I agree. I am getting a 3 months supply of generic finasteride from Coscto for only $7.78. Its legit because Costco is a reputable company.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Is that the only reason your getting it because it’s cheap ?
Yes. I have been on the name brand and never noticed a difference.

ElTioLaBota

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I get a full year supplye of finasteride for 27€ in a legit pharmacy near my home.