Whether,oral administration is safe.

wang yisong

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Whether oral administration will cause more shedding in the short term, and how the effect of oral administration is relative to external use. Oral dose?

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shedding short term, yes it can. Obviously goes more systemic when taken orally, some anecdotal evidence suggests oral is more effective than topical. Not many studies to confirm

wang yisong

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shedding short term, yes it can. Obviously goes more systemic when taken orally, some anecdotal evidence suggests oral is more effective than topical. Not many studies to confirm
Finasteride and Duta have been for nearly eight months. Did not stop falling off. I have to find a way

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride and Duta have been for nearly eight months. Did not stop falling off. I have to find a way

I've been drinking Kirkland Minoxdil , 10mg everyday for 7 weeks. Hair shedding decreased slightly over last week and a bit

wang yisong

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been drinking Kirkland Minoxdil , 10mg everyday for 7 weeks. Hair shedding decreased slightly over last week and a bit
If I don't want to use min, tell me how to restore my forehead. I've bought a micro needle. What topical drugs do I need? Cetirizine? Are there other topical drugs with similar effects to min?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
And when you say " no many studies to confirm " you are meaning ZERO studies comparing topical to oral .

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
And when you say " no many studies to confirm " you are meaning ZERO studies comparing topical to oral .
bro oral minoxidil, is 100000% more effective than topical. with 2.5 mg oral you overwhelm easily the topical. But more side effect for sure

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw a couple, probably not overly credible however. Oral minoxidil is a last resort for me since oral finasteride gave me sexual sides, not going to risk using any other anti-androgens , not sure what else I can try?

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you take it in orally for external use?
I am consuming 10 drops of 5% topical daily, broken up into two doses 12 hours apart. I put 5 drops in a small amount of water and drink it. The side effects of headache and edema that I had initially have subsided. I am seeing new growth on hands, fingers, stomach, chest, shoulders, legs, and high on my cheeks -- nothing explosive yet but in talking with other guys who have done this, it may be three months in before things really get going. Hoping it continues. I have recently added in dermarolling and I think this is enhancing the effect.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think my body hair is growing at a faster rate, I notice some new hair on my stomach & chest, Nothing major. My eye lashes have grown a few millimeters which is pleasing too
bro for me the eyelash growth is insane. Now this is almost dangerous it looks like the case study of trichomegaly...
Do you think the unwanted hair will ever fall? I made the mistake to shave my whole face ( because it was too noticeable and weird), and i am afraid that it has converted vellu hair to terminal on my face... f*** this drug is too powerful. years of topical min and minimal hypertrichosis and 3 month of 1.25 and crazy hypertrichosis

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, I know this is tormenting you. The only thing I can suggest for the face is waxing. You do not want to shave because the regrowth will be fast and stubbly/thick. You want to pull the hairs out by the roots by either waxing or using electrolysis. It might be painful but you will have to do it.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw a couple, probably not overly credible however. Oral minoxidil is a last resort for me since oral finasteride gave me sexual sides, not going to risk using any other anti-androgens , not sure what else I can try?
Topical minoxidil plus topical tretinoin :
Tretinoin enhances minoxidil response in androgenetic alopecia patients by upregulating follicular sulfotransferase enzymes

This study from 2019 is far away the best study ever done . I use this convination since 1998 none stop . Top doctors like Dr Lee knew it, now we have the Clinical study IN VIVO, vs place, that prove why is so effective. I guarantee that this is more effective than oral minoxidil ( I have tried back in early 2000, was a very popular on hairsite and regrwroth forum back then ) . Oral minoxidil is a brainless that used for a couple of doctors to get some money .

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical minoxidil plus topical tretinoin :
Tretinoin enhances minoxidil response in androgenetic alopecia patients by upregulating follicular sulfotransferase enzymes

This study from 2019 is far away the best study ever done . I use this convination since 1998 none stop . Top doctors like Dr Lee knew it, now we have the Clinical study IN VIVO, vs place, that prove why is so effective. I guarantee that this is more effective than oral minoxidil ( I have tried back in early 2000, was a very popular on hairsite and regrwroth forum back then ) . Oral minoxidil is a brainless that used for a couple of doctors to get some money .
but you have to apply the tretinoin cream to the scalp? I thought tretinoin would rather cause diffuse thinning. moreover it might be irritative as hell in combination with minoxidil and the Propyle/ alcohol

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
but you have to apply the tretinoin cream to the scalp? I thought tretinoin would rather cause diffuse thinning. moreover it might be irritative as hell in combination with minoxidil and the Propyle/ alcohol
1) I personal compound it, I am a pharmacyst . You can but in many places online or get a prescription and send it to compound in the same lotion ( minoxidil 5 % plus tretinin 0.025 % ) to a local pharmacy
2) Alternative , you can apply first the minoxidil lotion, and 15 minutes later the cream, do this every night, wash your scalp when you get up ( you can use ketoconazole 2 % shampoo and leave it for 20 minutes ) .
Also, it is all depend what lotion you get or how you compound it, some use really high PG to do it ( even minoxidil alone ) and that will cause the irritation .