Where To Start. Looking At Hair Replacement Systems

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
My plan B was finding a hairdresser to trim the hair system sides and back for me if my wife, adult kids and myself wasn't satisfy with the blend in results.

I can't see how a stylist working on a wig stand can get the blend right... you need to do some tweaking of your own hair, for sure.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't see how a stylist working on a wig stand can get the blend right... you need to do some tweaking of your own hair, for sure.
My original plan was having the stylist do a full services for me (attach hair system plus hair cut) if I fail of doing it myself.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually it's neither... I use this company I had recommended, called Hair Revive. They provide a full service from choosing the right system, installing to cutting. Don't think they would tell you where they getting the systems from (I would like to know too because I think they mark it quite high in £££)

Hair Revive was the guy I wanted to get to source and fit my hair too but I could never get hold of him - he was just too busy I guess (which is great for his business). He is based up North but said he does visit to the South when he arranges a few client (home) visits on the same day. This is what I was trying to arrange but it just didn't work, which is a shame because he really knows what he is talking about and some of his systems look really good - the more recent ones in particular and the ones for older guys like me.

If you speak with him, ask him if he is still doing the home visits in the South please.

Goldie Locks

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair Revive was the guy I wanted to get to source and fit my hair too but I could never get hold of him - he was just too busy I guess (which is great for his business). He is based up North but said he does visit to the South when he arranges a few client (home) visits on the same day. This is what I was trying to arrange but it just didn't work, which is a shame because he really knows what he is talking about and some of his systems look really good - the more recent ones in particular and the ones for older guys like me.

If you speak with him, ask him if he is still doing the home visits in the South please.

@deg_dilemma, I know... He is quite difficult to get hold of. Even for me and I'm in Norwood too. Usually get back to you but it takes him some time. I will be seeing him however on Friday evening. You can PM me your info and I can pass it on if you'd like. He changed supplier recently which I think worked well. I find them much more natural looking.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Goldie is that Norwood as in Green? That's not far from me then- I'm near Windsor.

I think it's too late for me to use Steve@HR now because I've ordered a lace piece from Ukhairsystems and have it sitting at home waiting for a cut in. Perhaps in the future we can sync our plans so that Steve comes down to see us both (and others in the area).

For now, would you believe I am finding it hard to find a stylist to cut the Ukhairsystems piece and fit it for me! I'm actually struggling to find a stylist here close to where we live. And it feels/looks like a really nice piece.

I tell you what, there is a market for these products and for the services, and yet there is no decent company able to provide a whole-cycle service near us on this side of London.

Goldie Locks

My Regimen
Reaction score
Goldie is that Norwood as in Green? That's not far from me then- I'm near Windsor.

I think it's too late for me to use Steve@HR now because I've ordered a lace piece from Ukhairsystems and have it sitting at home waiting for a cut in. Perhaps in the future we can sync our plans so that Steve comes down to see us both (and others in the area).

For now, would you believe I am finding it hard to find a stylist to cut the Ukhairsystems piece and fit it for me! I'm actually struggling to find a stylist here close to where we live. And it feels/looks like a really nice piece.

I tell you what, there is a market for these products and for the services, and yet there is no decent company able to provide a whole-cycle service near us on this side of London.

Meant to type Northwest!! Sorry for confusion. I'm in Manchester. I've been with Steve@HR for just over a year. Last month I thought of ordering online, install it elswhere and save some £££. I bought the 0.03mm skin system from Curtis@MHE. I couldn't find a place to cut and style for ages. And when I finally did (in liverpool) they ruined the system. I had a new one fitted by Steve whilst I waited until they replaced it. So now I've got a spare one from MHE in cupboard.
I agree! Finding a place that can fit and style systems is hard. And when you finally do, they might mess it up... One barber in Bury quoted me £350 for fitting and styling alone!

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Meant to type Northwest!! Sorry for confusion. I'm in Manchester. I've been with Steve@HR for just over a year. Last month I thought of ordering online, install it elswhere and save some £££. I bought the 0.03mm skin system from Curtis@MHE. I couldn't find a place to cut and style for ages. And when I finally did (in liverpool) they ruined the system. I had a new one fitted by Steve whilst I waited until they replaced it. So now I've got a spare one from MHE in cupboard.
I agree! Finding a place that can fit and style systems is hard. And when you finally do, they might mess it up... One barber in Bury quoted me £350 for fitting and styling alone!

£350 for styling and fitting, I would have told him to f*** off.
Blantently he was trying to rip you off.

The company I'm with it's £45 for styling and fitting it.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Must add, I'm based in the Midlands if any recommendations here

I use Optima Hair based in birmingham, I'm midlands based too(worcester).

Optima Hair styling/cut-ins is cheap at £45 and their stylists I'm impressed with the results.
Plus their service with hair system hiccups is great when sorted out through Pete.

Only downside to them is all their custom systems are thin skin with lace front. No full lace bases.

Otherwise pretty happy with them.