Where to get SMP (Scalp Micropigmentation)?

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where in the EU are you?

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I personality wouldn't bother with SMP. If done wrong it looks fake. And if you go grey it will look fake too.
A permanent disfigurement. It fades away eventually maybe if your lucky.
Hair system if it turns out sh*t can easily be taken off, no permanent disfigurement.

I guess the OP is norwood 6 or 7 like me.

Hair system like I got or shave your head with the clippers with no guard. Is the best option for Norwood 6 or 7.

I used to shave my head. I didn't mind being bald but hated having the bald look 24/7 365 which is boring and samey after 10+ years.
Thats whŷ I got a hair system.

marko1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I personality wouldn't bother with SMP. If done wrong it looks fake. And if you go grey it will look fake too.
A permanent disfigurement. It fades away eventually maybe if your lucky.
Hair system if it turns out sh*t can easily be taken off, no permanent disfigurement.

I guess the OP is norwood 6 or 7 like me.

Hair system like I got or shave your head with the clippers with no guard. Is the best option for Norwood 6 or 7.

I used to shave my head. I didn't mind being bald but hated having the bald look 24/7 365 which is boring and samey after 10+ years.
Thats whŷ I got a hair system.
Yep I'm Norwood 6, almost 7.
I'm considering SMP, if a clinic f*** it up it will be awful and painful. What I realized is that SMPs are really expensive and I couldn't find many in Europe.

Of course with SMP I need to have my head shaved all the time

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep I'm Norwood 6, almost 7.
I'm considering SMP, if a clinic f*** it up it will be awful and painful. What I realized is that SMPs are really expensive and I couldn't find many in Europe.

Of course with SMP I need to have my head shaved all the time
If the clinic fucks it up.
You will be forced to cover it up with a hair system or hat.

A badly done SMP or botched hair transplant is worse than looking bald.

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
After finding out here (https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...o-hair-transplant-with-norwood-type-6.133043/) that I'm not a candidate for hair transplant people suggested SMP.
First I was against it but then after a research it looks good to me. I don't ask for awesome big hair or such, I just want to have some kind of "hair".

Does anyone else have any experience with SMP? I'm from EU, where can I get one, where to look for it?
If you go to a good and reputable place you will have no issues. SMP has come very far since it's early stages.

Brandwood Clinic in the UK would be my recommendation as the best, but there are many more. I'm not sure about Croatia, but I'm sure there are some good ones there.

Also, do some research on "Tricopigmentation", the temporary version that completely fades after a year. Obvious downside of this is that you must continue paying for it every year.

*Edit*: SMP works much better on people with darker or more tan skin tones. If you are pale or fair skinned I wouldn't recommend it, from personal experience.

Last edited:

rking35209

Reaction score
I am 62 and had a hair transplant in my mid 30's. It was a good transplant and have been happy with it. However I have lost more hair on top and want to go the bald look. I did it once two years ago. I like the look except where my donor scar was. Just made up a story about car wreck when I was younger but ended up giving up the look because of it. Have thought about the SMP but my concern is about the aging with it. As my now dark hair in back turns gray how will that age. Will I just have gray stubble with darker smp where my scar was.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
I am 62 and had a hair transplant in my mid 30's. It was a good transplant and have been happy with it. However I have lost more hair on top and want to go the bald look. I did it once two years ago. I like the look except where my donor scar was. Just made up a story about car wreck when I was younger but ended up giving up the look because of it. Have thought about the SMP but my concern is about the aging with it. As my now dark hair in back turns gray how will that age. Will I just have gray stubble with darker smp where my scar was.
Have you considered Hair transplant scar repair?

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd be really concerned about how it ages, might look good and 'cool' on a young man but as you get older a shaved skin head look would look very different IMO.
I saw a guy while out shopping who said he was 70 years old but (he said) everyone said he looks in his 50s. I think people just felt sorry for him because he had SMP and it looked awful - black dots on a 70+ year old with wrinkly skin. Just didn't look right at all. And then he had tufts of his own white/grey hairs growing randomly on his head. Looked damned ridiculous.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've never seen it look good.

Any good real-life examples.

There is a place in Boston everyone goes to who has a reasonable job but it doesn't look very real - head shines, looks off.

Toupee is fake looking but at least u get big hair ;)

Tripa

My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw a guy while out shopping who said he was 70 years old but (he said) everyone said he looks in his 50s. I think people just felt sorry for him because he had SMP and it looked awful - black dots on a 70+ year old with wrinkly skin. Just didn't look right at all. And then he had tufts of his own white/grey hairs growing randomly on his head. Looked damned ridiculous.
I dont think people really care that a 70 year old guy has SMP or feel sorry about him. Also what is important with SMP and many people seem to overlook is how many times you have seen someone and didnt know he had SMP, not the opposite.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd be really concerned about how it ages, might look good and 'cool' on a young man but as you get older a shaved skin head look would look very different IMO.
SMP ages fine, they use a special ink that fades slowly. It is not tattoo ink. Usually it needs to be redone every 3-5yrs.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've never seen it look good.

Any good real-life examples.

There is a place in Boston everyone goes to who has a reasonable job but it doesn't look very real - head shines, looks off.

Toupee is fake looking but at least u get big hair ;)
Looks pretty good on this buddy from Better Call Saul

1658117887832.png

He actually looked worse when he had more hair and no SMP lmao
1658117942968.png

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks pretty good on this buddy from Better Call Saul

View attachment 182653

He actually looked worse when he had more hair and no SMP lmao
View attachment 182654
Isn’t that just a buzz cut? Possibly a little SMP touch up?

Most guys on this site slag off SMP because you’re afraid of shaving they’re damn heads. SMP can look very natural. I seen it look great, especially on diffuse thinners and you’re right it’s fades and isn’t permanent.

Same goes for a 70 year old with a full head wig. They look weird. Doesn’t suit the old face. Bad example and sounds like a shitting head tattoo anyway, which isn’t SMP.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Isn’t that just a buzz cut? Possibly a little SMP touch up?

Most guys on this site slag off SMP because you’re afraid of shaving they’re damn heads. SMP can look very natural. I seen it look great, especially on diffuse thinners and you’re right it’s fades and isn’t permanent.

Same goes for a 70 year old with a full head wig. They look weird. Doesn’t suit the old face. Bad example and sounds like a shitting head tattoo anyway, which isn’t SMP.
The difference being you can age hair pieces to make them age appropriate.

But if you're young don't mind a shaven head look then it's an option.

There will always be people for and against something, it's what you want, just make sure you're ready and have done your research.