Where to get SMP (Scalp Micropigmentation)?

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where in the EU are you?

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd be really concerned about how it ages, might look good and 'cool' on a young man but as you get older a shaved skin head look would look very different IMO.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I personality wouldn't bother with SMP. If done wrong it looks fake. And if you go grey it will look fake too.
A permanent disfigurement. It fades away eventually maybe if your lucky.
Hair system if it turns out sh*t can easily be taken off, no permanent disfigurement.

I guess the OP is norwood 6 or 7 like me.

Hair system like I got or shave your head with the clippers with no guard. Is the best option for Norwood 6 or 7.

I used to shave my head. I didn't mind being bald but hated having the bald look 24/7 365 which is boring and samey after 10+ years.
Thats whŷ I got a hair system.

marko1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I personality wouldn't bother with SMP. If done wrong it looks fake. And if you go grey it will look fake too.
A permanent disfigurement. It fades away eventually maybe if your lucky.
Hair system if it turns out sh*t can easily be taken off, no permanent disfigurement.

I guess the OP is norwood 6 or 7 like me.

Hair system like I got or shave your head with the clippers with no guard. Is the best option for Norwood 6 or 7.

I used to shave my head. I didn't mind being bald but hated having the bald look 24/7 365 which is boring and samey after 10+ years.
Thats whŷ I got a hair system.
Yep I'm Norwood 6, almost 7.
I'm considering SMP, if a clinic f*** it up it will be awful and painful. What I realized is that SMPs are really expensive and I couldn't find many in Europe.

Of course with SMP I need to have my head shaved all the time

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep I'm Norwood 6, almost 7.
I'm considering SMP, if a clinic f*** it up it will be awful and painful. What I realized is that SMPs are really expensive and I couldn't find many in Europe.

Of course with SMP I need to have my head shaved all the time
If the clinic fucks it up.
You will be forced to cover it up with a hair system or hat.

A badly done SMP or botched hair transplant is worse than looking bald.

Jake1979

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After finding out here (https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...o-hair-transplant-with-norwood-type-6.133043/) that I'm not a candidate for hair transplant people suggested SMP.
First I was against it but then after a research it looks good to me. I don't ask for awesome big hair or such, I just want to have some kind of "hair".

Does anyone else have any experience with SMP? I'm from EU, where can I get one, where to look for it?
If you go to a good and reputable place you will have no issues. SMP has come very far since it's early stages.

Brandwood Clinic in the UK would be my recommendation as the best, but there are many more. I'm not sure about Croatia, but I'm sure there are some good ones there.

Also, do some research on "Tricopigmentation", the temporary version that completely fades after a year. Obvious downside of this is that you must continue paying for it every year.

*Edit*: SMP works much better on people with darker or more tan skin tones. If you are pale or fair skinned I wouldn't recommend it, from personal experience.

Last edited: