Where To Get Good Affordable Hair System

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it's monofilament based, and they add hair, and dye when it starts to fade, potentially. If it's French Lace, and they don't add hair or dye when faded, yes, they are lying to you.
Are monofilament based as much undetectable as swiss lace ones?

Noah

Reaction score
No, monofilament is much coarser than French or Swiss lace - it is like a mesh made of fishing line.

Hairpieces with a monofilament base are usually very dense, so that the base cannot be seen, and the hairline also has to be concealed. Sometimes they have "underventing", which is where some hair is tied to the underside of the base near the hairline. That hair is intended to stick out from under the base at the hairline and be combed up, in order to hide the edge of the base. Needless to say, it is not a natural-looking result. Mono bases and underventing are both techniques from the hairpieces of the 1960's and '70's, although they still seem to be quite popular in India. But if you want a natural looking system, don't go with this.

Noah

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I live in India and the patch is priced between 10k to 18k inr ($130 to $230) only. So you can guess.

If India has manufacturing hubs for HS them they might be adding hair.

Notwithstanding,Can it last at least 10 month tho? It's little on high density side.

I have no experience with hair system prices in India, I don't believe they manufacture hair systems there, but I don't think that has anything to do whether they add hair. Places here in Israel, add hair (to mono bases), and there are no manufacturers here. All you need is the hair, and the proper tool.

I don't know what density, they were offering you, I refer to standards that I am used to, medium or medium-light density systems.

I have seen some of the Indian vids doing what they call "hair patch", and the systems are like 150% and more. Pretty unrealistic looking, the lot of them, especially the hair lines.

I guess it's possible if the density is SO HIGHT, but the issue is it may start look ragged, and lose hair.

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
I always recommend newbies start with French lace. I've done just fine with a french lace front, including physical encounters and whatnot. It's pretty invisible, especially if you style your hair to be "semi-exposed" (not slicked back).

Care needs to be practiced with lace. Be very careful when using combs, that the teeth don't get close to the lace and snag. And when you remove the unit, you don't put too much force on the lace when pulling.

Once you learn how to handle the unit with care, then Swiss is a nice little upgrade. I've been working with Hugo Royer Swiss lace in 30 denier when ventilating and I'm honestly pretty impressed how much force I can use to knot hairs without the lace hole breaking, given the lightness of the material.
TheLoneWigMaker, in your experience how long are the swiss lace systems lasting before they have to be replaced or repaired to add hair.. i am really struggling to get a system to last more then 3months MAX ... and that is not a common occurance, i am normally changing my swiss lace every 2.5months max at the moment :(

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, monofilament is much coarser than French or Swiss lace - it is like a mesh made of fishing line.

Hairpieces with a monofilament base are usually very dense, so that the base cannot be seen, and the hairline also has to be concealed. Sometimes they have "underventing", which is where some hair is tied to the underside of the base near the hairline. That hair is intended to stick out from under the base at the hairline and be combed up, in order to hide the edge of the base. Needless to say, it is not a natural-looking result. Mono bases and underventing are both techniques from the hairpieces of the 1960's and '70's, although they still seem to be quite popular in India. But if you want a natural looking system, don't go with this.

Noah
Agreed, reason why I was suggesting a mix of mono base, with lace front, if the poster wants longevity but with an undetectable hairline.

I had seen a mono which was "fishing line mesh" but honestly, I believe manufacturers have progressed in that domain since the 70s.

Nowadays, one can find a very fine welded monofilament lace base which is transparent and undetectable, however, it is as fragile as other lace type units..

For those wanting longevity, they shouldn't rule out mono ( with medium density)

I never thought I would wear one and have been wearing one since new years day, and to my surprise, I am satisfied. ( see my other posts on it and pics)

I have found tricks to conceal mono hairline, such as zigzag cut, pressing base in glue

Hope one day we will have acess to realistic hairpieces that last forever

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, what's he final word on Mono?

I don't want a shiny unit, or a unit which is not freestyle in ventilation.

I wear poly peri/lace base and like it, but it's still annoying to deal with the lace part.

I'd love to wear all poly, UTS, ideally, but it sounds too hot/delicate.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure I understand your question. Each wearer has his preference. As stated above, mono has disadvantages but is durable.

There are, nowadays, mixes of mono bases ( with regular lace front hairline, not shinnny)
Examples ..

https://www.lordhair.com/s4-super-fine-mono-skin-lace-front-toupee-wig.html

https://superhairpieces.ca/mens-toupee-m109-8x10-mono-top-lace-front-in-stock/

https://www.adventhair.com/fine-mono-poly-360-with-lace-front-hair-system/

To each his own...based on you hair color, density, etc...

TheLoneWigMaker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
TheLoneWigMaker, in your experience how long are the swiss lace systems lasting before they have to be replaced or repaired to add hair.. i am really struggling to get a system to last more then 3months MAX ... and that is not a common occurance, i am normally changing my swiss lace every 2.5months max at the moment :(

2.5 to 3 months sounds about right. In my experience, the hair quality degrades at about the same rate that the unit sheds and the hairline frays.

Many people try to do a best-of-both-worlds, where they get a French lace base but with a small front hairline that is Swiss lace. The problem with this is that the hairline is the weakest link. Once that's gone, the rest of the piece really isn't worth anything. That is, unless you can get someone to refurbish the front with a new one.

It really is a trade-off between durability and detectability. The best compromise is all French lace. If you take good care of it, 4-5 months is probably reasonable, on average.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2.5 to 3 months sounds about right. In my experience, the hair quality degrades at about the same rate that the unit sheds and the hairline frays.

Many people try to do a best-of-both-worlds, where they get a French lace base but with a small front hairline that is Swiss lace. The problem with this is that the hairline is the weakest link. Once that's gone, the rest of the piece really isn't worth anything. That is, unless you can get someone to refurbish the front with a new one.

It really is a trade-off between durability and detectability. The best compromise is all French lace. If you take good care of it, 4-5 months is probably reasonable, on average.
Thanks. Hope one day to repair my own. I have this "hybrid" piece which i realy like color, curl and look, which I hope to change the frontal part. I will start another post on the subject not to mix topics to much here.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Monofilment is the go to base for full caps due to the weight of the hair needing a strong base. I have felt these and they relatively thick and should be avoided unless you need full coverage. Everything else should be on lace or skin.

ChrisPratty

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi!
For affordable hair systems, I recommend Lordhair. Their stock hairpieces for men start onwards $149. This is the cheapest hair system I have come across online if you want something with decent quality. I came across this manufacturer through my colleague who is using hair systems from the age of 27.

https://www.lordhair.com/mens-hair-systems/stock-hair-pieces.html

I also like hair systems from RichFeel but think they are a bit pricey and didn't fit my hair goals. Do your own research too before buying!

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi!
For affordable hair systems, I recommend Lordhair. Their stock hairpieces for men start onwards $149. This is the cheapest hair system I have come across online if you want something with decent quality. I came across this manufacturer through my colleague who is using hair systems from the age of 27.

https://www.lordhair.com/mens-hair-systems/stock-hair-pieces.html

I also like hair systems from RichFeel but think they are a bit pricey and didn't fit my hair goals. Do your own research too before buying!
@Admin It seems that this guys has been deployed here by lordhair and openly promotes them in every post.
Since this is not some promotion based forum, I think this should be against rules and strict action must be taken against him.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I always recommend newbies start with French lace. I've done just fine with a french lace front, including physical encounters and whatnot. It's pretty invisible, especially if you style your hair to be "semi-exposed" (not slicked back).

Care needs to be practiced with lace. Be very careful when using combs, that the teeth don't get close to the lace and snag. And when you remove the unit, you don't put too much force on the lace when pulling.

Once you learn how to handle the unit with care, then Swiss is a nice little upgrade. I've been working with Hugo Royer Swiss lace in 30 denier when ventilating and I'm honestly pretty impressed how much force I can use to knot hairs without the lace hole breaking, given the lightness of the material.
How long can a french lace piece last?

TheLoneWigMaker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long can a french lace piece last?

If you know how to handle lace bases with care, the hair is always the bottleneck in durability. Factory hair begins already so damaged, it's a constant battle to keep it moisturized. After about 3 months, you will start to notice shedding in the front that will start to decrease its value vs a new piece. Unless you refurbish it with new hair or joining a whole new front.

So I would say regardless of lace quality, your unit will last 3-4 months under normal conditions and care.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you know how to handle lace bases with care, the hair is always the bottleneck in durability. Factory hair begins already so damaged, it's a constant battle to keep it moisturized. After about 3 months, you will start to notice shedding in the front that will start to decrease its value vs a new piece. Unless you refurbish it with new hair or joining a whole new front.

So I would say regardless of lace quality, your unit will last 3-4 months under normal conditions and care.
Good news is that my salon adds hair to the pieces.

https://www.hairbro.com/products/all-french-lace-hair-replacement-system?variant=31519432966243

I'm thinking of buying this one, any advice? ( I use my original hairline.)

TheLoneWigMaker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good news is that my salon adds hair to the pieces.

https://www.hairbro.com/products/all-french-lace-hair-replacement-system?variant=31519432966243

I'm thinking of buying this one, any advice? ( I use my original hairline.)

I don't know that site, but my policy is you have to vet the product by reading through their vibrant company forum of people who actively wear their product, or have someone credible vouch for their quality.

While not without issue, I've used northwestlace.com and they have a large forum. @BaldBearded represents oneheadhair solutions. I'm pretty sure hairdirect.com has acceptable pieces. And normally I would only recommend custom orders, right now that's not possible due to the coronavirus lockdowns.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know that site, but my policy is you have to vet the product by reading through their vibrant company forum of people who actively wear their product, or have someone credible vouch for their quality.

While not without issue, I've used northwestlace.com and they have a large forum. @BaldBearded represents oneheadhair solutions. I'm pretty sure hairdirect.com has acceptable pieces. And normally I would only recommend custom orders, right now that's not possible due to the coronavirus lockdowns.
Out of all sellers you mentioned, I can only afford northwest lace (lol) and they can supply me custom piece for the reasons you mentioned.
I guess it is better I wait. I'm wearing a monofilament system rn but I'm safe since colleges are off here due to Corona virus outbreak.

Can I get 7 months with swiss lace if I get hair added? ( I will be using my own hairline.)

TheLoneWigMaker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Out of all sellers you mentioned, I can only afford northwest lace (lol) and they can supply me custom piece for the reasons you mentioned.
I guess it is better I wait. I'm wearing a monofilament system rn but I'm safe since colleges are off here due to Corona virus outbreak.

Can I get 7 months with swiss lace if I get hair added? ( I will be using my own hairline.)

I wouldn't think so. Adding hair arbitrarily throughout is hard because you can't quickly see the holes that are missing hair and easily ventilate them in. It would take too much time. The best way to refurbish the piece is to cut off the front and join in a brand new lace and ventilate like new.

The front is the first place where shedding will be noticeable, but it will shed all over and by month 5 (mayybe month 6 if you don't care as much) it just won't look right anymore.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't think so. Adding hair arbitrarily throughout is hard because you can't quickly see the holes that are missing hair and easily ventilate them in. It would take too much time. The best way to refurbish the piece is to cut off the front and join in a brand new lace and ventilate like new.

The front is the first place where shedding will be noticeable, but it will shed all over and by month 5 (mayybe month 6 if you don't care as much) it just won't look right anymore.
Weird. I thought I will be able to get 7 months with high density all-french lace. Noah said he gets good 5 months with all swiss lace so I thought 7 months with french lace was possible.

Will dying them with colouring shampoo etc help?