Where Online To Order My First System And Advice On Glues Ect.

Shauno26

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been looking at LordHair to order my first system.
I am thinking of going with the S7 French Lace with #4ASH color.

1. Would this work for me?
2. Would the color I have chosen work?
3. Is it better to use glue or tape?

I have attached photos of my head/hair for reference.
IMG_0338.JPG IMG_2300.JPG IMG_3148.JPG IMG_5887.JPG

Last edited:

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't tell what your natural color is via those pics. Just go through Lord Hair's color wheel & pick a suitable-seeming color. They really have every shade available in stock/S7...

Tape is easier to work with, so I'd recommend that.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been looking at LordHair to order my first system.
I am thinking of going with the S7 French Lace with #4ASH color.

1. Would this work for me?
2. Would the color I have chosen work?
3. Is it better to use glue or tape?

I have attached photos of my head/hair for reference.
View attachment 132974 View attachment 132975 View attachment 132976 View attachment 132977
Tape is always easier, glue is best for the hairline if you're going to expose it. Otherwise tape everything.

Seeing that your hair is so short I would Buzz literally the whole side of your head to get a good amount.... send that sample into whatever dealer you use so that they can match it...

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm so goddamn disappointed all tapes cause my skin to swell and itch.

Tape is sooo easy to deal w.

I haven't had much time to experiment a got2b. Went out on Fri but wasn't willing to test it at a club

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm so goddamn disappointed all tapes cause my skin to swell and itch.

Tape is sooo easy to deal w.

I haven't had much time to experiment a got2b. Went out on Fri but wasn't willing to test it at a club
Get that skin MD! Give it a try, worst case you lose $10 best case you can use the tapes you so desire!

Shauno26

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok thanks guys. I think I will get both just Incase as I live in a humid climate so not sure if the taps will hold.

1. for Tape which brand do I buy?
2. for Glue which brand do I buy?
3. Which styling products are best to use on the hair system.

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Shauno

Just been looking at your pics. I have to say your sides are very far gone. It is going to be difficult for you to get a good look from a hair system with a blended style. The choice for you is to go for either an extreme undercut style where the sides are basically buzzed to zero (example below), or a full wig.

IMG_5660.jpg

Any of the Walker brand of tapes is good and reliable. For glues, the most popular ones are Ghostbond, Ultrahold and Davlyn.

Basically you can use any styling product on a system that you can use on your natural hair. Sometimes people tell you to avoid ones with alcohol in the ingredients, but unless you are going to be rubbing the product on your hairline that is not really an issue - the alcohol soon boils off at body temperature anyway. The limiting factor is build-up. You won't be washing your system as often as you washed your natural hair, so you don't want a lot of product added each morning which is going to build up and make the hair heavy and dull. With gel, paste, wax, hairspray etc, it is best try recycle the same product each day using a damp comb, rather than adding new product. I like argan oil, because it seems to soak in or evaporate during the day, so it doesn't accumulate.

Noah

Shauno26

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok guys so I have just ordered the system and I will have it cut in by some professionals when it gets here! Hold thumbs that it works for me! Im so excited yet nervous at the same time :)