Where Does The 24h No Sweating Instruction Come From And What If I Do Sweat?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
So I sweat a lot after doing a full head bond with Ghostbond XL. What's going to happen now? I don't see them instructing on their website to stay away from sweating 24h. I can't remember where I've got this instruction from. Why shouldn't you sweat 24h?

Ty!

Noah

Reaction score
Don't take it too literally. The important thing is that you don't sweat while you are attaching and for an hour or two afterwards. After that, a bit of ordinary sweat is OK, but don't do cardio exercise where you are sweating heavily for the rest of the day.

The best thing is to reattach in the evening when you plan to spend time at home in the cool and dry. When you get up the next day you should be fine to exercise.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
USually the bond is strong ater an hour and some sweating is fine, just dont go for a sauna

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Don't take it too literally. The important thing is that you don't sweat while you are attaching and for an hour or two afterwards. After that, a bit of ordinary sweat is OK, but don't do cardio exercise where you are sweating heavily for the rest of the day.

The best thing is to reattach in the evening when you plan to spend time at home in the cool and dry. When you get up the next day you should be fine to exercise.
I did some strong sweating right after attaching (partying and dancing like 9 hours). It's still on my head and there has definitely been 24h of no sweating in total for, but definitely not the first 24h. Is my bond weaker now or is it them same as if I had been nosweating the first 24h?

Can't get the logic, sry.

Noah

Reaction score
It should be weaker, but maybe you got away with it. The chemistry is that the adhesives take time to cure (i.e. reach full strength) when they are exposed to air. The curing process is mostly in the first 2 or 3 hours, but can take up to 24 hours. You are not supposed to get the adhesives wet during the curing period.

It sounds like you had fun anyway - dancing and partying for 9 hours. So even if you have to redo your piece earlier, at least you had a bloody good time and it was worth it.