When you hit norwood seven it is over

It_is_over_for_nw7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have been reading this site for months as I'm one of the most severe bald cases at nw7 by 26. I think some people on here are dillusional. This is what I've gathered from my experience.

1. At norwood 7 your dating life is officially over. Even norwood 6 can somewhat cover balding because it isn't as noticeable from behind or sides. A tall person can survive. Hell, you might be able to restore hairline and midscalp and just have a large bald spot and it might still be respectable. But norwood 7 has your hairloss dip down the back of your head and you have a toilet seat hair pattern left. Also the hairloss is so severe you probably could at best get 1 inch of coverage up front to restore half your hairline? But most importantly a razor shave won't fully hide the horseshoe pattern. Women will see it.

2. Women hate bald. Not volunteer bald like pitbull who still has the shade of his full hairline. It is a sign of inferiority. Women select their mates to optimize offspring. Now in an ideal female world the top 10% of men have 10 wives and the rest of the men get sent to slave camps or gas chambers. But they eventually have to settle for an average guy after getting fucked by nw0 Chads.
They will never settle for subhuman bald men. Why would they want to pass on inferior genes to their kids? It isn't rational. I've been told this by many women. Baldness is one of the 7 deadly genetic sins (bald, short, recessed jaw, wrist size, dick size, race, and face)

3. Online dating? Forget it. And sadly online dating is becoming more the norm so alternative approaches are becoming less popular for us. Most women have dozens of men sending "hey" messages each week. Since severe baldness is only about 7% of the world population you are in the minority for a bad trait. Why would they pick you online when the majority of options have full hair or a treatable balding pattern?

4. The worst part is how you are treated outside of dating. You can't go out in public everyday without occasionally getting insulted for being bald. You have slutshaming and fatshaming, which are completely avoidable with good life choices but bald guys are fair game. Especially whites because we can't pull off the look and we are apparently the most evil race and gender pair now.

5. No matter what you do, baldness is IREDEEMABLE. You can cope by going to the gym, getting money, dressing nice, but in the end you will be defined as the bald guy. Not the engineer, not the Cornell graduate, not the gym guy, but the genetic trash bald man. You can have 6 figure salary, a nice house, a nice career, healthy, but it won't matter. The only possible redeemable quality is being over 6 ft tall and that still requires a good head shape.

6. Head shape is the difference between being accepted as just a soulless person or being treated like you deserve to be put to death. As a person who has an asymmetrical head it is very off-putting for people and I automatically make people uncomfortable.

7. You see the sane argument from the same idiots, who usually have hair, about the same 5 people who are "hot" and bald. Ever get sick of hearing the names: Bruce Willis, Jason Statham, The Rock, Vin Diesel, and Patrick Stewart? These people get by for 3 reasons. First they are celebrities and have a high social status women want, bald men in general are viewed as both physically and socially unattractive so these guys got past that. 2. Most of these guys are over 6 ft tall. Height has a huge advantage for muscle potential. The rock is like 6'5 and 265 lbs of muscle, of course he is going to do fine. Not to mention he isn't white and pale. And finally the big one, they all have a ton of money and an enviable lifestyle. Your average bald person has none of these things as only a small fraction of men are tall, good head shape, and got good skin tone.

8. Finally my biggest gripe. The same people who say it's not a big deal are also the same people who have no hairloss. DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE. They do not live the life you have and can never relate. What makes me more mad are people like my mom who say "you will just have to learn to live a happy life on your own." Yeah thanks. I can enjoy being alone with no kids while everyone else in my life experience things that most people experience. It's not like we have more than 1 life here. This is my 1 life I get and it is as a subhuman piece of inferior genetic garbage.

I see the same names in here all the time. Their struggles are real and it sucks because their struggles are not common. Most people start balding at 40 or 50 and even then it doesn't go to norwood 7. The only way to cure baldness is eradicating it from the gene pool and that is through eugenics. Unfortunately for us, women are the ultimate eugenecists and metaphorically castrate you to preserve a better species.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
The upside is that you have a bunch of treatments you can experiment with, and the only way to go is up at that point. If it’s that aggressive IMO, I’d throw dutasteride, RU, oral minoxidil, PGE2, topical estrogen, dermapen. You only lose maybe a half hr out of your day.

Or get SMP and a multiple transplants. Should give you the illusion of coverage

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
I can vouch for everything that the OP has stated as being true. The only bit that I might disagree with is in part 1 which says that NW6 may be marginally a better life than NW7. I also maybe disagree with 3 which mentions alternative approaches to online. In my opinion, all approaches are equally hopeless for a NW7. Online dating isn't inherently worse because your photos are on show. In real life approaching, you're rejected as soon as you get a lady's attention, before you can say anything, too.

I always wanted to have a family and have kids. I'm NW7 and now I have to change my entire life plans. It has taken years to be able to swallow that pill. A few years ago I had a consultation for a hair system and, looking back, I really should have just said yes and gone for it. Life is a NW7 is no life at all. Life with a system is going to be a life but a very uncomfortable and challenging one.

ImKaratekid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have been reading this site for months as I'm one of the most severe bald cases at nw7 by 26. I think some people on here are dillusional. This is what I've gathered from my experience.

1. At norwood 7 your dating life is officially over. Even norwood 6 can somewhat cover balding because it isn't as noticeable from behind or sides. A tall person can survive. Hell, you might be able to restore hairline and midscalp and just have a large bald spot and it might still be respectable. But norwood 7 has your hairloss dip down the back of your head and you have a toilet seat hair pattern left. Also the hairloss is so severe you probably could at best get 1 inch of coverage up front to restore half your hairline? But most importantly a razor shave won't fully hide the horseshoe pattern. Women will see it.

2. Women hate bald. Not volunteer bald like pitbull who still has the shade of his full hairline. It is a sign of inferiority. Women select their mates to optimize offspring. Now in an ideal female world the top 10% of men have 10 wives and the rest of the men get sent to slave camps or gas chambers. But they eventually have to settle for an average guy after getting fucked by nw0 Chads.
They will never settle for subhuman bald men. Why would they want to pass on inferior genes to their kids? It isn't rational. I've been told this by many women. Baldness is one of the 7 deadly genetic sins (bald, short, recessed jaw, wrist size, dick size, race, and face)

3. Online dating? Forget it. And sadly online dating is becoming more the norm so alternative approaches are becoming less popular for us. Most women have dozens of men sending "hey" messages each week. Since severe baldness is only about 7% of the world population you are in the minority for a bad trait. Why would they pick you online when the majority of options have full hair or a treatable balding pattern?

4. The worst part is how you are treated outside of dating. You can't go out in public everyday without occasionally getting insulted for being bald. You have slutshaming and fatshaming, which are completely avoidable with good life choices but bald guys are fair game. Especially whites because we can't pull off the look and we are apparently the most evil race and gender pair now.

5. No matter what you do, baldness is IREDEEMABLE. You can cope by going to the gym, getting money, dressing nice, but in the end you will be defined as the bald guy. Not the engineer, not the Cornell graduate, not the gym guy, but the genetic trash bald man. You can have 6 figure salary, a nice house, a nice career, healthy, but it won't matter. The only possible redeemable quality is being over 6 ft tall and that still requires a good head shape.

6. Head shape is the difference between being accepted as just a soulless person or being treated like you deserve to be put to death. As a person who has an asymmetrical head it is very off-putting for people and I automatically make people uncomfortable.

7. You see the sane argument from the same idiots, who usually have hair, about the same 5 people who are "hot" and bald. Ever get sick of hearing the names: Bruce Willis, Jason Statham, The Rock, Vin Diesel, and Patrick Stewart? These people get by for 3 reasons. First they are celebrities and have a high social status women want, bald men in general are viewed as both physically and socially unattractive so these guys got past that. 2. Most of these guys are over 6 ft tall. Height has a huge advantage for muscle potential. The rock is like 6'5 and 265 lbs of muscle, of course he is going to do fine. Not to mention he isn't white and pale. And finally the big one, they all have a ton of money and an enviable lifestyle. Your average bald person has none of these things as only a small fraction of men are tall, good head shape, and got good skin tone.

8. Finally my biggest gripe. The same people who say it's not a big deal are also the same people who have no hairloss. DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE. They do not live the life you have and can never relate. What makes me more mad are people like my mom who say "you will just have to learn to live a happy life on your own." Yeah thanks. I can enjoy being alone with no kids while everyone else in my life experience things that most people experience. It's not like we have more than 1 life here. This is my 1 life I get and it is as a subhuman piece of inferior genetic garbage.

I see the same names in here all the time. Their struggles are real and it sucks because their struggles are not common. Most people start balding at 40 or 50 and even then it doesn't go to norwood 7. The only way to cure baldness is eradicating it from the gene pool and that is through eugenics. Unfortunately for us, women are the ultimate eugenecists and metaphorically castrate you to preserve a better species.
You care too much about what people say. People say all kinds of sh*t. Why does it matter? Will it help you if everybody will tell you that NW7 is sh*t and you look like crap?
Yes, baldness effects your life heavily and that's a fact. being nw7 in 26 is sure aggressive, but not that rare I think, I would say more than 7%, and when you get to 30 it's even more.
Im sorry for your situation and I definitely understand you. The question is - did you try to do something about it? fighting it? are you doing something now? transplant is not an option? There is a thread about Dr Zarev and it's been said that he can have good results with high norwoods. I dont know how much of it is true, but if you have no other option what do you have to lose?

Smartone84

Established Member
Reaction score
I always wanted to have a family and have kids. I'm NW7 and now I have to change my entire life plans. It has taken years to be able to swallow that pill. A few years ago I had a consultation for a hair system and, looking back, I really should have just said yes and gone for it. Life is a NW7 is no life at all. Life with a system is going to be a life but a very uncomfortable and challenging one.
Why do you have to change your entire life plans because you're bald? Are you getting a system now?

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Why do you have to change your entire life plans because you're bald? Are you getting a system now?
I was in a similar position to the OP. NW6 at age 26. See here. Today approaching 30 and a NW7 with retrograde and (I think) thinning donor.

My life plan was to be married with a kid on the way when I was approaching 30. You may think that this is asking a lot but a lot of the guys I went to school with, who are NW1, are doing it right now. Some people like the idea of being an older single guy and trying to play the field but that's not the life that I wanted. But here I am. I tried a lot and have gotten no results. I did the usual nonsense i.e. getting in shape, working on my career and getting new hobbies. Then I went to shady dating coaches who all said that they could help me and got nowhere. I also had a pro photoshoot for new photos to use on dating apps and the photos just failed.

In the past 3-4 years, I once went for a hair system fitting. It was between jobs. This was a person who fitted some celebrities. Anyway, I decided not to go with it. The person said that I looked fine with the shaved head look and I myself thought that I looked strange with the sample system on (but it had not been cut or anything...). That was a bad bad decision. If I go for a system now, I'll have to walk it into my workplace with my new hair after the pandemic, for example.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
@doubleindemnity if you are so devastated by your hair loss, I don't see what harm finasteride can do.

Millions of people take it without side effects, it is at least worth a shot you never know if you'll be a good responder or not. Plus it will likely strengthen your donor for a transplant.

If you think there is no hope for high Norwoods think again...

whatintheworld

Reaction score
If you decide to get a system bear in mind that it'll be difficult to hide it from your partner. Plus, people can feel it when they touch certain parts of your wig hair. Brush it off by saying that's your scar or something. So, yeah your life will be full of lies and deception, but that's at least a solution.

If I absolutely had to go the system route, I would get a transplant for the front and wear the system on the crown.

I feel like that would remove the stigma a bit, because well you could say, I'm not really "bald" all the way, just balding. It would be considered more minor of a transformation, so to speak, as opposed to being completely slick bald and wearing it.

However, I think the better option of these two is to get a lower density FUE, with slightly more density in the front, and sprinkle in some light SMP in between the gaps.

Too many people go full out SMP helmet head, with too straight of a hairline, it is a dead giveaway.

Rather, with FUE adding the 3D effect and removing the shininess, you can look somewhat "balding" and still have a good frame to your face, a natural look, still infinitely better than having nothing but the horseshoe.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was in a similar position to the OP. NW6 at age 26. See here. Today approaching 30 and a NW7 with retrograde and (I think) thinning donor.

My life plan was to be married with a kid on the way when I was approaching 30. You may think that this is asking a lot but a lot of the guys I went to school with, who are NW1, are doing it right now. Some people like the idea of being an older single guy and trying to play the field but that's not the life that I wanted. But here I am. I tried a lot and have gotten no results. I did the usual nonsense i.e. getting in shape, working on my career and getting new hobbies. Then I went to shady dating coaches who all said that they could help me and got nowhere. I also had a pro photoshoot for new photos to use on dating apps and the photos just failed.

In the past 3-4 years, I once went for a hair system fitting. It was between jobs. This was a person who fitted some celebrities. Anyway, I decided not to go with it. The person said that I looked fine with the shaved head look and I myself thought that I looked strange with the sample system on (but it had not been cut or anything...). That was a bad bad decision. If I go for a system now, I'll have to walk it into my workplace with my new hair after the pandemic, for example.

You haven’t tried a lot. You haven’t tried finasteride or dutasteride. Or any of the other heavy duty treatments.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
@doubleindemnity if you are so devastated by your hair loss, I don't see what harm finasteride can do.

Millions of people take it without side effects, it is at least worth a shot you never know if you'll be a good responder or not. Plus it will likely strengthen your donor for a transplant.

If you think there is no hope for high Norwoods think again...

Who has a spare 10000 grafts to take? And if we have to take from the body, how is something like 25% scalp and 75% body grafts going to look on the head?

You haven’t tried a lot. You haven’t tried finasteride or dutasteride. Or any of the other heavy duty treatments.
Yep. Totally my fault. When I was younger, I believed all of the nonsense. "Baldness doesn't matter if you're in shape or successful". "Just learn cold approach and 200 approaches later you'll have dates". And, in addition, it seemed like those serious side effects occurred in more than 0.5% of finasteride users, which I considered high. So I decided not to go on the AAs. That's my fault and indeed I am to blame for a lot of this. I was personally ok with the way that I looked and felt with the shaved head. I didn't stop to think that what really matters, and what really makes or breaks my future, is what others think of it.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Who has a spare 10000 grafts to take? And if we have to take from the body, how is something like 25% scalp and 75% body grafts going to look on the head?

Yep. Totally my fault. When I was younger, I believed all of the nonsense. "Baldness doesn't matter if you're in shape or successful". "Just learn cold approach and 200 approaches later you'll have dates". And, in addition, it seemed like those serious side effects occurred in more than 0.5% of finasteride users, which I considered high. So I decided not to go on the AAs. That's my fault and indeed I am to blame for a lot of this. I was personally ok with the way that I looked and felt with the shaved head. I didn't stop to think that what really matters, and what really makes or breaks my future, is what others think of it.

Look, if you’re fine with the way you look, that’s all that matters. There are girls out there, maybe not too many, that are attracted to bald men. You need to change your aesthetic sometimes, but I think it can be done.

In the meantime, don’t aim for a full head of hair but try to avoid the horseshoe shape at least. So start finasteride, microneedling, and minoxidil. Add smp to the final result. You see guys out there getting full head tattoos and they’re always attracting girls. This is just another variation of that.

whatintheworld

Reaction score

Maybe you don't have 10k. Maybe with finasteride you get some regrowth, and you have 6k to use. That is still a lot of grafts that can make a big difference in the hands of the right surgeon.

I can't tell you how it will look like, I'm only saying, if you suspect hair loss is the root cause of your issues, this can go a long way to solve it.

It is more complicated than that though in terms of your success rate with relationships, the dating landscape has changed in a multitude of ways that are too complex to elaborate on here.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Then don't hit norwood seven. I don't understand why you would even consider it. Start taking meds before you get to that point.

Smartone84

Established Member
Reaction score
Then don't hit norwood seven. I don't understand why you would even consider it. Start taking meds before you get to that point.
When the only drug that really does something to help is one of the most controversial drugs on the market, it ain't that easy. And no, please don't tell me anything about how it's a minuscule number of men and this and that. I've been reading and researching stuff about Finasteride for the last 13 years. I've seen enough.

Rather, with FUE adding the 3D effect and removing the shininess, you can look somewhat "balding" and still have a good frame to your face, a natural look, still infinitely better than having nothing but the horseshoe.
Hi. What do you mean by this "3D effect" and "removing the shininess" ?

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I absolutely had to go the system route, I would get a transplant for the front and wear the system on the crown.

I feel like that would remove the stigma a bit, because well you could say, I'm not really "bald" all the way, just balding. It would be considered more minor of a transformation, so to speak, as opposed to being completely slick bald and wearing it.

However, I think the better option of these two is to get a lower density FUE, with slightly more density in the front, and sprinkle in some light SMP in between the gaps.

Too many people go full out SMP helmet head, with too straight of a hairline, it is a dead giveaway.

You make a good point on the SMP+FUE, I'd never thought about it. It could be a great option for those who like buzzcuts and who are willing to go for a conservative transplant. I know two popular reggaeton artists who got very good SMP done with an artist named Grigo, and now I'm wondering if they went for this solution. Nobody I know sees them as bald. Here they are:

Nicky Jam:

1919162_1648444255444032_1194818579360744371_n.jpg

nc_ohc=-21f4tUT0G8AX-gjuoc&_nc_ht=scontent.faep5-1.jpg

Cosculluela:

Cosculluela-1.jpg

Smartone84

Established Member
Reaction score

A few things... First, I looked at your photos and I don't think you're a great transplant candidate. If your hair is still similar to what it was then, you are too much of a diffuse thinner. You haven't lost enough. Unless you get the most amazing surgeon in the world who can transplant hair in between your bio hair and not damage it, it's just not worth it. On top of that as another poster said in that chain, your sides appear to be thin as well and what happens with this is once the thicker donor hair is in the hairline, the density doesn't match to the sides and you ended up with a pluggy look. This is hands down the #1 thing I see in bad transplant results. Some surgeons just do it and don't care. Some patients just do it and don't mind bc they are just thrilled to have a hairline again even if they look like a cactus, or they don't do their research and run in the chair only to end up with a bad result 8 months later.

I'm just curious maybe I missed it, but, even though I'm against finasteride have you ever taken it? Seems like you are very down about your hair loss but trust me from your photos you really do not look bad at all. You can pull off that shaved look MUCH better than most. What about learning how to use some dermatch and fibers?

In any event your implication is that you have failed with women mostly because of your looks (hair) and while having good hair is definitely a big part of a persons looks I do not believe by any means it is the be all end all. I can't tell you how many men I've seen with your exact haircut from that thread that have landed good looking women. I think what you need is more of a reality check and some self discovery before you even consider doing anything further for your hair. Just my two cents. I do wish you luck.

Smartone84

Established Member
Reaction score

However, I think the better option of these two is to get a lower density FUE, with slightly more density in the front
I hear where you're coming from. I do. It would definitely be a much better situation for a lot of men, myself included, by looking in the mirror and knowing that all the hair i saw was my own (i.e. the front) and only the back portion was covered in a hair system. Not to mention never dealing with the hairline on a system or worrying about it lifting or looking dirty while talking to people is enticing enough to go the route you suggest. But that being said, at the same time, it's easier said than done with getting a "transplant for the front" of course. Hairlines are the hardest part to get right when it comes to transplants, and it suck pretty hard if you went through that surgery only to end up having a mediocre if not poor result. Then for the rest of your life you're stuck with this annoying routine of the system in the back and your hairline sucks anyway. Now if I ever had a 100% guarantee that I could get an amazing hairline with a transplant no questions asked i'd be in the chair tomorrow. But it just doesn't work that way of course.

I'm coming close to getting a system but am still on the fence about just getting a solid 3,000 graft surgery for 15k or so for the front of my head and calling it a day. To me though a transplant is just one of the most scariest surgeries you can have cosmetically. If it ends up bad you're out thousands of dollars AND you look like sh-t.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
When the only drug that really does something to help is one of the most controversial drugs on the market, it ain't that easy. And no, please don't tell me anything about how it's a minuscule number of men and this and that. I've been reading and researching stuff about Finasteride for the last 13 years. I've seen enough.

Hi. What do you mean by this "3D effect" and "removing the shininess" ?

You haven't been researching, you've been listening to fear mongering. Learn how to interpret the studies for yourself, and then read them. You'll have a different outlook. It's either that or be bald, your choice. Funny thing is the people scared of finasteride are probably the first ones lining up for a scantly-tested vaccine with a largely unknown safety profile.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I hear where you're coming from. I do. It would definitely be a much better situation for a lot of men, myself included, by looking in the mirror and knowing that all the hair i saw was my own (i.e. the front) and only the back portion was covered in a hair system. Not to mention never dealing with the hairline on a system or worrying about it lifting or looking dirty while talking to people is enticing enough to go the route you suggest. But that being said, at the same time, it's easier said than done with getting a "transplant for the front" of course. Hairlines are the hardest part to get right when it comes to transplants, and it suck pretty hard if you went through that surgery only to end up having a mediocre if not poor result. Then for the rest of your life you're stuck with this annoying routine of the system in the back and your hairline sucks anyway. Now if I ever had a 100% guarantee that I could get an amazing hairline with a transplant no questions asked i'd be in the chair tomorrow. But it just doesn't work that way of course.

I'm coming close to getting a system but am still on the fence about just getting a solid 3,000 graft surgery for 15k or so for the front of my head and calling it a day. To me though a transplant is just one of the most scariest surgeries you can have cosmetically. If it ends up bad you're out thousands of dollars AND you look like sh-t.

There are no guarantees in this business, the best you can do is go to the best surgeon possible and hope for the best. Usually, if it is determined you aren't a good candidate, either due to donor issues or general scalp issues, the surgeon will not agree to proceed with the procedure.

I think if your hair bothered you enough, or anyone else for that matter, taking the plunge would be worth it versus being miserable. Of course only with the right doctor.