When will there be a cure for male pattern baldness?

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just wondering when everybody thinks their will be a cure for male pattern baldness or atleast something that will allow us to keep what hair we have indefinetly? Any promosing things coming out in the future and how long?

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair Multiplication - At best, 4 years. Realistically, 5-10 years. At worst, never. There are several posts about it in New Research forum.

Also, I hear some humans are developing mutant tendencies. Cross your fingers and hope you get the ability to grow excess of hair rather than cause storms or shoot fire.

stabone1979

Established Member
Reaction score
If someone told me 5 years definately, for commercial availibilty, I would be thrilled know that I would only have to survive until then! Then I wouldn't be such a complainer.

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
I think around 2010 that HM will be available to the public - but quite expensive to begin with. Probably not affordable for the average Joe until after 2012-2013.

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The awesome amount of money being made will keep a simple cure from happening just like cancer and diabetes.

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
DarklyCharming said:
Also, I hear some human are developing mutant tendencies. Cross your fingers and hope you get the ability to grow excess of hair rather than cause storms or shoot fire.
Dang, I'll take something like that over hair. It could change your whole perspective on things having a power like that.

And one thing's for sure, nobody would dare laugh at you and your bald head! :)

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
Vinton Harper said:
DarklyCharming said:
Also, I hear some human are developing mutant tendencies. Cross your fingers and hope you get the ability to grow excess of hair rather than cause storms or shoot fire.
Dang, I'll take something like that over hair. It could change your whole perspective on things having a power like that.

And one thing's for sure, nobody would dare laugh at you and your bald head! :)

True. Look at Professor Charles Xavier.

stabone1979

Established Member
Reaction score
Diabedies or male pattern baldness, tough call. What about being really short or Bald?

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
stabone1979 said:
Diabedies or male pattern baldness, tough call. What about being really short or Bald?

What?

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I say 15 years if we are lucky

G

stabone1979 wrote:

What?

Yeah, I second that moment of incomprehension: what the hell is he talking about?

PS: How do people get their quotes to say who is being quoted?

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i just click that little quote button up yonder -----------------------------------------------------------------------^

how do you get them to just say quote? :)

well, about the whole cure thing, i'm going to be optimistic and say in five years people will be getting HM done. how good it will be, i don't know.

why can't they just like take your stem cells, grow them in somewhere on your body, like your *** or something that no one sees, or maybe give you some kickass chest hair, wait a few months, then transplant them any direction/way they wish, just like a FUE transplant of now, but with no 'head' scar and limitless donor area. maybe i just don't understand the process well enough.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i think they are making pretty decent progress with HM and think that they will solve the problems they have with it in the near future ... and that being 6 - 7 years.

I also read about someone (on this forum) saying the direction problem was that the hair growing the total opposite direction and going into the scalp toward the skull ... i dont think thats right . im pretty sure they are only having problems with the direction ontop the the scalp and i've heard that it doesnt look bad behind the hairline with trying to getdensity .. but if its used on the hairline it wouldnt look natural.at all..

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i was hoping for mabye a 1 per day or everyother day topical or a pill that would maintain hair indefinetly without any harsh longterm side effects. Like i wish they came up with a way to make our whole scalp hair not sensative to DHT and androgens somehow. A one time application would be amazing. IM really not to keen on having HM or hairs replanted into my head. At the most id get those stem cells injected into my scalp that grow non DHT sensative hairs if they ever come up with that.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yes thats what im talking about .. when they inject the cells into your scalp to promote hair growth... 6 - 7 years is my guess that they will be releasing it to the public .. atleast at that point they will be alot more advanced with more of the problems solved and it will be close to release

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah that would be amazing if that came out within 6 to 7 years. So where do they get the stem cells from a non DHT sensative part of your scalp? Do they multiply the stem cells? If they injected those stem cells into your hairline would the hair grow naturally like it did before you had male pattern baldness? Can you please explain it a bit please? Thanks!