WHEN wil there be a cure for hairloss

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
By the time there is a cure it won't matter for you since you will likely be over 50. I say 30-40 years for an outright cure. As in if you are norwood 7 you can go back to norwood 1.

Better prevention? And by that I mean if you start preventative treatment early you can hold onto hair for life? I'd say 25 years.

threadkilla

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats me fcuked then.

Pretty much spent my whole life miserable...but too much of a coward to take my own life....just existing but not living ..

Started to notice a change in my hair 90/91 when I was 21...to the eye it looked fine but I could tell it felt different...then spent the 90s obsessing...but made no friends...never had a girlfriend or relationship as naturally shy...hairloss compounded this.. over next 10/15 years managed to stave it off with careful haircuts....then tried regaine about 98 which worked great for 18 months...then started to revert...had a small bald patch on back of head...so then used mane for about 10 years....then 10 years ago finally committed to a hairpiece which is where i am today ..what hair i have left is a horseshoe with a tuft at the front...sometimes looks great with piece..other times i feel it isnt though i may just be hyper critical...i think about shaving it but my head is odd shape...paradoxically look like a concentration camp guard and inmate at the same time...like a weird mutant/alien

look back at last 30 yrs and its been wasted...would it have been different with a full head of hair?
i think so...was never blessed with confidence but i may have picked some up...with the hairloss no chance....i will never ever be close to anyone and actively shun people.. things i was desperate to do years ago like go the pub or a bbq i now avoid if presented with them

Last edited:

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats me fcuked then.

Pretty much spent my whole life miserable...but too much of a coward to take my own life....just existing but not living ..

Started to notice a change in my hair 90/91 when I was 21...to the eye it looked fine but I could tell it felt different...then spent the 90s obsessing...but made no friends...never had a girlfriend or relationship as naturally shy...hairloss compounded this.. over next 10/15 years managed to stave it off with careful haircuts....then tried regaine about 98 which worked great for 18 months...then started to revert...had a small bald patch on back of head...so then used mane for about 10 years....then 10 years ago finally committed to a hairpiece which is where i am today....sometimes looks great..other times i feel it isnt though i may just be hyper critical...i think about shaving it but my head is odd shape...paradoxically look like a concentration camp guard and inmate at the same time...like a weird mutant/alien

look back at last 30 yrs and its been wasted...would it have been different with a full head of hair?
i think so...was never blessed with confidence but i may have picked some up...with the hairloss no chance....i will never ever be close to anyone and actively shun people.. things i was desperate to do years ago like go the pub or a bbq i now avoid if presented with them
Damn. That was hard to read. I'm guessing finasteride was not available before it was too late?

threadkilla

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope...only heard about finasteride few years ago...not sure i would take it due to side effects...

threadkilla

My Regimen
Reaction score
too far gone...only have a horseshoe fringe and wispy tufts at the front...was using mane up to 11 years ago but was fighting a losing battle...decided on a hairpiece...salon shaved what was left on top....tape and replace once a week with regroom every 5/6 weeks....it allows me to function on a day to day basis but sometimes i get so low...when i tape up i see the real me without hair and it is soul destroying...i might be hyper critical but sometimes the piece doesnt look right to me...

whats been getting me down also is me looking back at what i have done and achieved and frankly the answer is the square root of fook all...all this talk of the football and england doing well..i remember euro 96 summer...everyone was in the pub and having a great time...i wasnt..was wallowing and stressing about hair...didnt know anybody...had nothing to say, share or contribute...

tbh..i wouldnt want to know me either...a self absorbed clown who walks around with fake hair on his head...

im just about managing..i work but i suffer massively from Imposter Syndrome and stress over whether i will be found out...ironically covid hasnt really worried me...maybe because i wouldnt be bothered if the world ended and misery loves company..

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
too far gone...only have a horseshoe fringe and wispy tufts at the front...was using mane up to 11 years ago but was fighting a losing battle...decided on a hairpiece...salon shaved what was left on top....tape and replace once a week with regroom every 5/6 weeks....it allows me to function on a day to day basis but sometimes i get so low...when i tape up i see the real me without hair and it is soul destroying...i might be hyper critical but sometimes the piece doesnt look right to me...

whats been getting me down also is me looking back at what i have done and achieved and frankly the answer is the square root of fook all...all this talk of the football and england doing well..i remember euro 96 summer...everyone was in the pub and having a great time...i wasnt..was wallowing and stressing about hair...didnt know anybody...had nothing to say, share or contribute...

tbh..i wouldnt want to know me either...a self absorbed clown who walks around with fake hair on his head...

im just about managing..i work but i suffer massively from Imposter Syndrome and stress over whether i will be found out...ironically covid hasnt really worried me...maybe because i wouldnt be bothered if the world ended and misery loves company..
It's a curse. You don't hear about how balding ruins a man's life because no one gives a sh*t about balding men because they are deemed ugly. I'm 31 experiencing hair loss and I took the dive on finasteride but I'm still losing ground despite using what's considered the best treatment available.

If everyone understood how shitty this was you would have big pharmacy companies like J&J taking this seriously and a real preventative treatment would have existed by now. I know 2 guys who went bald in early 20s. They get 0 attention from women. I think a lot of people would rather die than go bald.

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Never, it will never ever get funding because hair loss is seen as a middle aged / old man problem and at that age you're expected to get over it and accept aging.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Never, it will never ever get funding because hair loss is seen as a middle aged / old man problem and at that age you're expected to get over it and accept aging.
About 20% of men have hair loss at 20. Many men will want to save their hair during these crucial years for things like dating, employment, and self esteem.

Aqalp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When society stops relegating it to an old man's cosmetic issue and bullshitting people to "just shave it bro" and go look like Bruce Willis.
With more and more young men it seems going bald, combined with resulting lookism from social media, maybe demand will go up for a cure.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
When society stops relegating it to an old man's cosmetic issue and bullshitting people to "just shave it bro" and go look like Bruce Willis.
With more and more young men it seems going bald, combined with resulting lookism from social media, maybe demand will go up for a cure.
I think that's why so many companies are taking a stab at it. Compared to 10 years ago there are so many more companies trying to cure this

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We are making progress. However what we desire is the previous density, previous hairlines, sidelines. Every hair has its own growing/non growing protocol.
The “cure” isn’t here, because we want a fountain of youth. We make incremental strides, but nothing mind blowing.
IMO, like anything else.. if you want it done.. do it yourself. There’s no Pfizer vaccine to kill Covid-19.
Basically at one time you had perfectly healthy hair, that got degraded. WHY?

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The majority of people I have seen that tell balding men to shave their head and embrace it are people with no hair loss.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
The majority of people I have seen that tell balding men to shave their head and embrace it are people with no hair loss.
This. No one understands the impact of hair loss until it hits them. If men tried shaving their head bald just once and going outside they would see a stark difference in how women interact with them.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
None of you are willing to do what it takes to restore your hair so that's admirable in that you are men per se. Not me. I wanted my hair back and hell, I can go off hormones and cycle as a male with dutasteride. But nothing ventured nothing gained. You guys are the cool bald guys who don't even mind being bald, if you play it off right. What's the point of malingering as males hoping for what is not coming any time soon.

And if they even find a "cure" then facial good looks will go back to being most important, just like in high school when 99 percent of us all still had hair. Are any of you guys attractive facially?

No matter how many times people come on here, I mean, the news is never good for XY's. The idea of avoiding finasteride and then coming on here, "woe is me" after not even trying; it's hard to have much sympathy. If you had just used the f*****g finasteride like many have, you could make it to 55 or 60 years old with decent hair with maintenance protection. "Oh, minoxidil does this to my eyes" so I just decided to go bald". I read that every day on here from someone and I am thinking what's the point of camping out on here if people aren't even willing to try to tolerate meds? Every single day I am like, "um, did you titrate around to find your sweet spot?" No, rarely on here but on Tressless many do work to find tolerable amounts of finasteride/min or duta or whatever. The whole point of tolerance is that sides and effectiveness might go down in potency after a while. Nope. Then instead of swallowing the damn pill half the people are trying to reverse engineer it into a topical and do topicals ever work for male hair? Maybe for 22 year olds but you take your finasteride orally and your minoxidil orally for best results.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
None of you are willing to do what it takes to restore your hair so that's admirable in that you are men per se. Not me. I wanted my hair back and hell, I can go off hormones and cycle as a male with dutasteride. But nothing ventured nothing gained. You guys are the cool bald guys who don't even mind being bald, if you play it off right. What's the point of malingering as males hoping for what is not coming any time soon.

And if they even find a "cure" then facial good looks will go back to being most important, just like in high school when 99 percent of us all still had hair. Are any of you guys attractive facially?

No matter how many times people come on here, I mean, the news is never good for XY's. The idea of avoiding finasteride and then coming on here, "woe is me" after not even trying; it's hard to have much sympathy. If you had just used the f*****g finasteride like many have, you could make it to 55 or 60 years old with decent hair with maintenance protection. "Oh, minoxidil does this to my eyes" so I just decided to go bald". I read that every day on here from someone and I am thinking what's the point of camping out on here if people aren't even willing to try to tolerate meds? Every single day I am like, "um, did you titrate around to find your sweet spot?" No, rarely on here but on Tressless many do work to find tolerable amounts of finasteride/min or duta or whatever. The whole point of tolerance is that sides and effectiveness might go down in potency after a while. Nope. Then instead of swallowing the damn pill half the people are trying to reverse engineer it into a topical and do topicals ever work for male hair? Maybe for 22 year olds but you take your finasteride orally and your minoxidil orally for best results.

Everyone is different and don't have the same tolerance levels as others for coping with sides from hair loss meds, im personally willing to go all the way and start estradiol if things get really bad, it is overkill right now though, another person might not even be able to handle sides from something as simple as finasteride, i don't think you should judge and look down on these people, well are all dealing with baldness and how it impacts our life.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone is different and don't have the same tolerance levels as others for coping with sides from hair loss meds, im personally willing to go all the way and start estradiol if things get really bad, it is overkill right now though, another person might not even be able to handle sides from something as simple as finasteride, i don't think you should judge and look down on these people, well are all dealing with baldness and how it impacts our life.
I don't look down on anyone except from the perspective of a person who male/female or other, I refused to be bald but maybe my father having a perfect head of hair had to do with it. I am about to surpass him now but he still has perfect hair at 82 and Mum does too at 80. The other thing that admittedly annoys me are the people touting RU or 17 alpha or the Czech med that never goes anywhere and they expect these meds to work, at least in a stack and they don't unless someone just wants coverage for coverage sake and then they mainly work marginally in the crown. It's a waste of time, focus and they just end up balder than they would have been on finasteride/duta or oral minoxidil. One thing that I can say about myself is that I never expected crap to work and I never used crap like ultra expensive versions of minoxidil or spironolactone topical cream.

Here's what I have used as male treatments and they all work at least for maintenance:

1. Polysorbates. They seem to work a lot like Keto.
2. Topical minoxidil in 1989.
3. Some of Dr. Lee's products that did work better than the normal meds.
4. Proscar and I bit them daily to save money.
5. Keto 2 percent
6. Dutasteride plus still finasteride.
7. Oral minoxidil
8. Microneedling

So there's plenty out there that actually does work but I don't think there are any experimental or mail order AA meds that work even as well as polysorbate 60 or Keto.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
A lot of guys, like me, had facial looks and would go from attractive to ugly due to balding.

I consider balding a very unfair agent of aging. At least a cure would level the playing field a lot more. A cure wouldn't help men with hair at all but it would be tremendous help to us. I read all the time women complaining about dating past 25 you encounter too many bald men.