When My System Gets Wet My Hairline Turns Gray?

pubehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
When my system gets wet from rinsing (which I do everyday) or sweating from exercise/work the hairline dries in a way that it becomes gray and obviously noticeable. This happens when I use Ghost Bond Platinum & it also happens when I use tape. Additionally water weakens the bond & my system lifts using the slightest force. Is this normal? Can anyone tell me why this happens & how to fix it?

Attachments

• 5D6E8F82-0BCF-45FF-8EF2-CF05997203D9.jpeg
    5D6E8F82-0BCF-45FF-8EF2-CF05997203D9.jpeg
    51.7 KB · Views: 179

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Pubehead (terrible nick, incidentally). This is happening because you are not allowing the adhesive to cure before you get it damp. You have to attach your piece in a cool dry environment (not, for example, in a bathroom where you have just had a shower). And then once it is attached, you have to keep the adhesive dry until it has cured. That seems to differ from person to person and from glue to glue. I find with me 3 or 4 hours is enough. That means no heavy sweating or showering or swimming during that time. If you do, as you have seen, the adhesive turns whitish and visible, and you lose most of the strength of the bond. On the other hand once you have allowed it to cure fully you can sweat or swim as much as you like with no ill-effects.

You might try putting your piece on shortly before you go to bed. That way you are giving it 7 or 8 hours of cool inactive time to cure, which should be ample.

Noah