When It Comes To New Treatments, What Do We Absolutely Know Works?

H

Reaction score
@Nadia1972 while I am flattered that you would actively seek my posts out on multiple threads and dislike them I can't help but feel it personal...

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No man, it wasn't about whether or not you are sorry.

Man, I wrote a lot trying to show that the issue isn't the logic, it's the means of communication. It's like appreciating the difference between denotation and connotation. Me saying your logic is sound wasn't me refuting the post that I wrote. It was showing that the logic is not the determining factor for peoples' response to you. It's the way you communicate to them. I know this is a particularly heated time, and it is not a personal criticism of you when I point out out that your responses are adding to the inflammation. That's just objective. I'm sure you wouldn't prefer it that way in ordinary circumstances.

Here is an analogy then to better express what I was trying to say.

It is a well known meme that people usually take a negative stance toward vegans. Logically, this does not make sense. The argument to be vegan for ethical reasons is something that most humans should be able to resonate with. We have friends and family and loved ones. We are able to show compassion and empathy to one another. We love our pet animals tenderly. Religious or not, we pride ourselves on our consciousness and intelligence, and above all, in a primal sense, we cherish life and living and feel the weight and loss of death.

Why then would the idea of veganism be met with so much resistance, apart from the mere inconvenience of changing the diet? Even if people cannot eliminate meat entirely, why do people not take up veganism as a cause to reduce the amount of meat they consume and increase vegetable intake, knowing full well that excessive meat consumption may exacerbate conditions such as heart disease and obesity, which are a growing concern in developed nations, and knowing that the average person does not consume enough vegetables in their diet to begin with? It seems like two birds with one stone to take a page from the vegan book.

It's because many vocal vegans are obnoxious. It's the "better-than-thou" attitude they take on when expressing pride in their lifestyle choice. It's the arrogance of projecting that, you as a minority, have transcended your peers by rebuking their values through reasoning and that that somehow enables you to gaze upon them with skorn. Those idiots. Those monsters, have they no empathy or moral reasoning? The truth is that they mostly do; most have the hardware necessary to understand and express both of those things.

That type of approach is met with intense contempt and fiery rebuttals that don't make sense in regard to the argument. People instead tout how proud they are of being meat eaters. Skorn is met with mockery. And no change is made as both sides dwindle into the trenches in an endless argument with one side guarding their logic and the other protecting their pride.

If you want to keep arguing, whatever. From where I am standing - and I am sure you must sense this too - this is all a total waste of time. This is why the logic that you work to polish is not ending the discussion. This is why it seems like people have sports team like allegiances, instead of listening to your input.

Like it or not, we are the peers. If one is above average in any arena, one should not use that as a weapon with which to attack those who do not practice in that arena. I think it is apparent that a fit, athletic individual belittling the physique of an average person subtly or otherwise is unpleasant. The same is true regardless of whatever field you excel in. Be a little gentle with those around you. That's all they are really asking for. Otherwise, make peace with the fact that you will foster resentment.

I think people say nasty things and behave certain ways only by way of anonymity on forums. It's actually normal. None of these guys with special internet personas would be the way they are here in real life to be honest, no way, I can't see it. There's only one person here who has said real suspect things to another poster, to "die with the worst form of cancer" (Royaume*), if you speak like that you're likely not all there in the head and it's probably not an internet persona but instead a real life issue with the person's personality. I'm a parole officer at the state government level, so i've met actual people who are considered "bad".

The sad reality is that most people on a forum have the dreaded "forum personality" in which they create a character on a forum that is unlike their character in person. This forum personality is likely who they want to be as long as it's anon. Others like myself, you and a pack of other members on here act like ourselves so we're taken back when we meet these unusual internet personas that behave in a way that is just not realistic for an intelligent, well mannered person to behave.

shookwun

Reaction score
What has worked for me:

Estradiol Valerate
Spironolactone
Dutasteride .5mg
Stemoxydine 5%
Dermarolling 1.5mm ala Dhurat study.

What did not work:
Tricomin
Evolis
Dat Dere tranny cocktail med approach

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What has worked for me:

Estradiol Valerate
Spironolactone
Dutasteride .5mg
Stemoxydine 5%
Dermarolling 1.5mm ala Dhurat study.

What did not work:
Tricomin
Evolis

I plan to dermaroll for cobblestoning and pitting from a failed hair transplant. Am going to go with a 1mm and use twice a week.

I know it's probably hard to tell since you dermarolled with hair covering your scalp, but did you see any noticeable changes in your scalp that might have made it healthier looking or smooth? Did you scar or reduce any problematic areas using a bigger needle size?

I believe that if I roll over those bumps enough that it will break up and extract that extra tissue they inserted that caused it to give that goosebump looking surface.

RoyMunsonned

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tsuji's method looks the best in the pipeline, just not as soon as lesser ones like maybe Replicel, if that does anything at all. If it's doable then it'll become clear not TOO long from now and you can bet it'll be rushed through not long after.

abcdefg

Reaction score
The consensus is that acceptance works well right now. These threads are arguably pointless because so much changes you cant predict. Use what exists right now, and hope for the best. Not much else can really be done. We are talking years before any of this MIGHT pan out, and a lot of it doesnt.

cocona

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I plan to dermaroll for cobblestoning and pitting from a failed hair transplant. Am going to go with a 1mm and use twice a week.

I know it's probably hard to tell since you dermarolled with hair covering your scalp, but did you see any noticeable changes in your scalp that might have made it healthier looking or smooth? Did you scar or reduce any problematic areas using a bigger needle size?

I believe that if I roll over those bumps enough that it will break up and extract that extra tissue they inserted that caused it to give that goosebump looking surface.

I use an auto needler nowadays: Dr pen A6

Best money I ever spent, but yeah dermarolling/needling is great for breaking up certain kinds of scarring. It's amazing on my face for acne scarring. Plenty of improvements from dermaneedling to scalp.

On needle size:
Top of head 1.5mm
Face 5.-1.5mm
Body: 2mm-2.5mm