What's The Verdict On minoxidil Causing Skin Aging?

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I think that the vasodilation can make the blood vessels / capillaries more noticeable. But I can't say it actually makes skin quality worse. It's just that the water retention and discoloration can make it APPEAR worse. But again, most people just need to adjust their dosage.
What do you think there can be done about it? I have pictures I actually saw today when i was on topical min. It looked fkn horrible haha

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s possible too. Like I said, reduce dosage, if you needle you may need to avoid that too, you can also take a diuretic, like dandelion root for example
Man i've been taking 1MG sublingual (oral) and feel like sh*t again..
I don't know what it is with minoxidil, but we don't seem to vibe.
Gonna power trough tho on a lower dose. Let my body adjust more to the substance.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man i've been taking 1MG sublingual (oral) and feel like sh*t again..
I don't know what it is with minoxidil, but we don't seem to vibe.
Gonna power trough tho on a lower dose. Let my body adjust more to the substance.
Hmm i bet i can drink a whole bottle of minoxidil and not feel a thing. Currently use 12,5mg orally twice daily and also tried 6mg sublingual and nothing happens.

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm i bet i can drink a whole bottle of minoxidil and not feel a thing. Currently use 12,5mg orally twice daily and also tried 6mg sublingual and nothing happens.
Have you experienced any hypertrichosis? How long now have you been taking OM?

UnaSutherlands

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know from experience that minoxidil only causes terrible dry skin, flaking, and enlarged pores. It probably makes you feel like you're aging fast. It's worth changing your care regimen, adding more moisturizing ingredients, drinking more water. It's scientifically proven that aging is caused by UVB- and UVA rays. I wonder if the laser has the same effect on the skin? I want to take a course on laser body hair removal. I found a cool clinic https://beaulaser.co.uk. But I'm afraid of consequences in the form of skin dehydration, early aging, and cancer!

Last edited:

Clintonsparsons

My Regimen
Reaction score
I gave oral a good try in college. I forget how many drops I took orally daily, but when I did the math back then I took the equivalent of 5 mg daily. After a few days I was having daily severe asthma attacks so I stopped. I guess fluid was building up in my lungs or something. Not worth it. I didn’t feel like I physically looked like I was retaining water, though.

it never had any effect on my heart beat or blood pressure, but it’s not like I was taking an EKG so who knows, those daily severe asthma attacks were a dealbreaker.

Last edited:

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly. If I eat salty foods, it makes it worse.
Bro i live in México currently. Eating no salt is not an option.

Having tried Om 0.625, looking like sh*t again and having extreme fatigue. f*** this sh*t lol.

Btw, i am certain it's an allergic response. I get red bumps everywhere on my body. This is not a normal response I think.