What's The Looks Gap For This Couple?

cantara

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
media.media.a9c5f675-2e5a-4181-8897-d6aa50fdf88c.original1024.jpg

And he's only a sports commentator, so neither particularly famous (she works for tv too) or rich. What's his Norwood state?

I'm really somebody who thinks men are rated to harshly and women too generously. And while this girl is not my type, I still think she is (at least) 3 points above him, as his face is borderline ugly.
I want to date up like that too.

Last edited:

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
That dude's a legit 2 in my opinion. Maybe 3 max. Mitigating factors for him are: (1) He is tall, (2) He is white, (3) He has some degree of famous, and (4) He wasn't always bald, and baldness is a big part of what's tanking his looks rating.

The girl is maybe a 6-6.5 based on a decent but not toptier beautiful/feminine facial structure (loads of makeup likely required as shown), and being thin.

That's a pretty strong looks gap. But I found a lot of girls are willing to overlook a big gap for a tall white guy. Those are two of the most common and unchangeable genetic cues for "fitness" women like to select partners based on (ie. height and race).

Last edited:

cantara

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That dude's a legit 2 in my opinion. Maybe 3 max. Mitigating factors for him are: (1) He is tall, (2) He is white, (3) He has some degree of famous, and (4) He wasn't always bald, and baldness is a big part of what's taking his looks rating.

The girl is maybe a 6-6.5 based on a decent but not toptier beautiful/feminine facial structure (loads of makeup likely required as shown), and being thin.

That's a pretty strong looks gap. But I found a lot of girls are willing to overlook a big gap for a tall white guy. Those are two of the most common and unchangeable genetic cues for "fitness" women like to select partners based on (ie. height and race).
Disagree as in that full hair would make him no more than a 4 in my opinion.
Girls looking like her usually feel like 8-9s deserving an „equally“ good looking partner. She apparantly doesn‘t, so I‘m generous and will gladly rate her a 6-6.5 too.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude is like a 3-4 IMO.

You guys really think that girl is only a 6? That means that all the girls I go for then are like 4-5s lmao.

cantara

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude is like a 3-4 IMO.

You guys really think that girl is only a 6? That means that all the girls I go for then are like 4-5s lmao.
I can see how many would rate her 7 and above. She lacks sweetness/classical prettiness for me, but I can see how she can easily be perceived as attractive by many.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude is like a 3-4 IMO.

I always struggle to assign ratings because it's so multifactorial.

For strictly facial structure, I kept her below 7 because she has a slightly mannish face that is heavily makeup dependent:

maxresdefault.jpg

The 7+ facial range in my opinion ought to be restricted to people who have objectively truly/unusually beautiful faces for their genders.

But on the other hand, honestly the fact that she's thin and has no obvious deformities/problems would make her 7+ overall in my books.

I care a lot about thinness, and I find getting any positive attention from thin girls incredibly hard, so that adds a lot in my personal global view.

So there is facial rating and global rating. Global rating I'd say it could be as high as 7-8/10.

Last edited:

cantara

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I always struggle to assign ratings because it's so multifactorial.

For strictly facial structure, I kept her below 7 because she has a slightly mannish face that is heavily makeup dependent:

View attachment 84423

The 7+ facial range in my opinion, ought to be restricted to people who have objectively truly/unusually beautiful faces for their genders.

But on the other hand, honestly the fact that she's thin and has no obvious deformities/problems would make her 7+ overall in my books.

I care a lot about thinness, and I find getting any positive attention from thin girls incredibly hard, so that adds a lot in my personal global view.

So there is facial rating and global rating. Global rating I'd say 7-8/10.
Spot on, the mannish face is a deal breaker for me. I‘d be more forgiving body-wise, but also there, her shoulders are too mannly for my liking.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
They're closely looks matched in my opinion, with her being around 1 point above him. Although he could do better still. We're all focusing on the face but we forget the important things. To her, he's very tall. And he has full enough density on his hair. That alone makes him above average. So, no, this guy is not ugly and yes, they do make a good looking couple.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
They're closely looks matched in my opinion, with her being around 1 point above him. Although he could do better still. We're all focusing on the face but we forget the important things. To her, he's very tall. And he has full enough density on his hair. That alone makes him above average. So, no, this guy is not ugly and yes, they do make a good looking couple.

People who are prone to noticing this sort of thing would also quickly point out he has a massive skull and he appears to have fairly decent bone mass all around (ie. no bird bones). These are also masculine features that are attractive to women in a more subtle way than traditional "good looks", but many in the lookism type circles will argue they are still very important for generating cavemannish attraction.

cantara

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People who are prone to noticing this sort of thing would also quickly point out he has a massive skull and he appears to have fairly decent bone mass all around (ie. no bird bones). These are also masculine features that are attractive to women in a more subtle way than traditional "good looks", but many in the lookism type circles will argue they are still very important for generating cavemannish attraction.
He‘s uglyish, but in a masculine way (includes his voice btw), so yes, he‘s not at the very bottom of the food chain, agreed.

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Cope.

Guy is overweight, has nasty teeth, no eyebrows and hair really is sh*t. Maybe somewhat acceptable hair for his age (don't know how old he is). Basically no decent features besides height.

cantara

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cope.

Guy is overweight, has nasty teeth, no eyebrows and hair really is sh*t. Maybe somewhat acceptable hair for his age (don't know how old he is). Basically no decent features besides height.
I think this is what people say happens. Perceptions are not set in stone. If a guy is with a hot(ter) girl, suddenly (some, not me) people start noticing positives a/o set their focus on them. One of many good reasons why I want to date up. ;)

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Cope.

You're missing the point, in my opinion. Women date men, not women. So they don't use those standards.
Bad teeth: doesn't matter because they're British
Eyebrows: not noticeable
Hair: He has hair, that's the point. In life, you're bald or you're not and he's not.
Overweight: women really don't care especially when you consider the fact that he is dressed well.

In conclusion, he's tall and has hair. He's white too. And probably in a good job. So, we can forget about his voice, bone structure etc. That's enough to declare that he's above average. Most of us would be lucky to have his aesthetics; let's not kid ourselves.

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're missing the point, in my opinion. Women date men, not women. So they don't use those standards.
Bad teeth: doesn't matter because they're British
Eyebrows: not noticeable
Hair: He has hair, that's the point. In life, you're bald or you're not and he's not.
Overweight: women really don't care especially when you consider the fact that he is dressed well.

In conclusion, he's tall and has hair. He's white too. And probably in a good job. So, we can forget about his voice, bone structure etc. That's enough to declare that he's above average. Most of us would be lucky to have his aesthetics; let's not kid ourselves.

Really, you're gonna go with the "just be masculine bro" theory?

Looks matter to women.. A LOT. In my opinion, one could make a compelling argument they matter more to woman than men. A man being handsome dosen't make him a girl, what kind of cope is that.

And you guys need to get off the "he's white and thus above average!" train. Guy is from Britain. Like 90% of the population is white there. If you can't deduct points from Brits on teeth you sure as hell can't give them a bonus for being white.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Really, you're gonna go with the "just be masculine bro" theory?

Looks matter to women.. A LOT. In my opinion, one could make a compelling argument they matter more to woman than men. A man being handsome dosen't make him a girl, what kind of cope is that.

And you guys need to get off the "he's white and thus above average!" train. Guy is from Britain. Like 90% of the population is white there. If you can't deduct points from Brits on teeth you sure as hell can't give them a bonus for being white.

Looks matter a lot to women. I'm not disagreeing. They're far more important to women than men, in fact. I'm saying that, to a woman, looks are about 50% height, 20% white/black or not, 20% has hair or not. All of this looks maxing, facial improvement, haircut optimization, concealer, dress well, earn well etc. etc. counts for the last 10%. That's what I mean when I say that "women date men, not women". With women, all of her looks features balance up evenly to get her attractiveness. With men, it's about those features primarily and we have to take this into account when rating a man's looks.

If we rounded up all men of his age who are either balder than him or shorter than him (or both) or not white/black, what proportion of all men of his age would we have? At least 50% in my opinion. That's 50% of men over whom he has an advantage. So yes, he's above average and I'm envious, as we all should be if we're on this forum.