What's the first thing you'd do if you got all it back???

Mens Rea

Reaction score
^ Probably a bit of both if truth be told

if you got your hair back you'd probably not feel the need to work on your body that much since you'd be relatively happy with how you look as it is. Since you've demonstrated laziness itd hard to imagine youd suddenly find the motivation to work out at that point.

In other words, you mightn't be completely lazy but in both instances you in actual fact do nothing. Crippled by your mind. I think most of us are really so don't take that personally. I guess we need to rebell against those instincts.

TooYoungTooBald

Reaction score
Colin297 said:
^ Probably a bit of both if truth be told

if you got your hair back you'd probably not feel the need to work on your body that much since you'd be relatively happy with how you look as it is. Since you've demonstrated laziness itd hard to imagine youd suddenly find the motivation to work out at that point.

In other words, you mightn't be completely lazy but in both instances you in actual fact do nothing. Crippled by your mind. I think most of us are really so don't take that personally. I guess we need to rebell against those instincts.

I don't take it personally, I'd just love to be put in a position to find out though :( . But I'd definetely do things I don't do now because of my hair, like go swimming, playing soccer in the rain, things like that. It would just be brilliant to have one less problem in my life, it's funny how happy we'd all be to just be normal (at least in the hair aspect).

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score
Re:

still_trying said:
if my hair grew back...

i'd be able to do all the things i never could because i'm an NW3:

i'd have sex with the 100 best looking women in the world, all because i'd be so super confident with some more hair i'd be unstoppable.

i'd create peace on earth

i'd get a great job for the first time, and pretty soon be a millionaire

i'd have friends who i could look in the eye without feeling like a loser because i don't have hair

wah wah wah wah!!! what a load of bull on this thread.

i don't mean this to be rude, more to be an eye opener to people.

if i regrew from an NW3-4 as now to NW1.5, it'd probably make very little difference to my life because my attitudes, beliefs, and history of experiences would be virtually the same. I'd still talk to myself in the same way (sometimes positive and happy, sometimes negative and sad), and have the same old patterns of responding to events/feelings/people etc.. unless i actually sit down and spend six months trying to change these for the better.

People are prepared to spend hours a day reading about topicals and internal drugs for hair treatment, so why not spend a few hours a week confidence building..change your patterns of thinking ifyou want to have a happier/more productive life.

Hair does not create confidence, your own reaction to having more hair creates confidence. So bypass the hair and mimick the confidence reaction.

If you're spending $2000 and 100s of hours a year on trying to regrow hair, why not spend $500 on a good psychologist or confidence trainer?

The statement "when i get [....] i'll be happy" or "when i'm [...] i'll be confident" is a nasty trap that will rarely lead you to where you wanna go. Like another poster said, you'll get hair and then there'll be something else..."if only i had that then i'd be confident".

the only time to do things and enjoy things and be confident is now.

100000% correct my friend. Could not have said it better myself.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thats not always true, look, we are social creature, if some one losing his hair the age of 20, that will effect the way people hes age see him, there are some (most..) that really is all in out minds, but when you constantly reminded, and avoided by other people then these feelings starting to set in... to this - i can relate!.

cuebald

Reaction score
All the confidence in the world won't replace what grows on my hair.

I could be a confident, "funny and cocky :shakehead: " bald guy, and it would be like a funny, cocky, obese woman.

She can try all she wants with her new found confidence and self esteem, but would you go for her? Even if you did, would you honestly not drop her for that slim, attractive girl who may only have half of the confidence?

This is the problem that you have when you are young (late teens, early twenties) and bald. You go upto a girl, even with the wittiest lines, and you can see her eyes roll. ("Dear god, why is this baldie trying to pull me", "I must be looking rough tonight") etc.

Age 30+ baldness is nowhere near as much of a handicap.

And I wouldn't find anything else to focus on if it all grew back. I never had a problem with anything before my hair fell, I don't see why I would when it grows back. I'd be happy enough with hair

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
why do people come to a hairloss forum then say "it's not a problem"

i had confidence issues when i was a kid, got through them and was decently confident at 16-18, then hairloss stuck and now i am back in square 1
the fact is women who say "bald men are sexy" are called liars, the more they say they like bald men the more i see them with NW1s

statistics say everything, women are 3 times more likely to date a guy with a NW1, NW1s are more likely to get decent jobs and lead decent lives

and for the record all confidence does is creates arrogant, narcissistic c****

qball01

Established Member
Reaction score
somone uk said:

this statement proves that you have no clue at all as to what constitutes genuine confidence...you're missing the point ENTIRELY.

and BTW cue...you can't generalize and say that every bald guy with "confidence" is the same as a happy go-lucky obese woman....first of all, women are attracted to a lot more than just a man's natural looks (although I'm not denying they do help)...they're generally concerned with a lot more than just hair. You really can't see that to some women, a man being bald isn't even an issue, especially if he still looks good (which is entirely possible). I know this is hard for you to grasp because you clearly have a very negative perspective as to how baldness is viewed, but thats only YOUR paradigm. The fact that there are many bald men out there who do very well with women may not be logical, or possible to YOU but it doesn't mean it doesn't happen....

and the thing that so many people don't consider is the fact that baldness can make many men turn into the type of person who women wouldn't date regardless of appearance....low self esteem, approval seeking, shy, soft-spoken, self worth wrapped up entirely in physical appearance, etc. So while I'm not denying that baldness does have an effect on a man...MOST of the pain is self inflicted...the reality is, the majority of women out there won't reject you on the sole basis that you are bald...but if you carry all the baggage that comes with a lot a men going bald then it becomes a hell of a lot harder.

when will people on here realize that not every woman is even close to the same?...I know some girls who love black guys and others who are repulsed at the idea of dating one...you're focusing way too much on the people who would reject you because of being bald compared to the many others who wouldn't give a sh*t...

hazen

Reaction score
first and foremost i will thank the medication or whatever is the source of getting it back...and then i will stand infront of mirror for hours and see my hair...

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
qball01 said:
somone uk said:

this statement proves that you have no clue at all as to what constitutes genuine confidence...you're missing the point ENTIRELY.
well frankly everyone i know who has confidence is a arrogant narcissistic c*** i have not actually seen any example in the whole of history that prove me wrong, it's a human constant like power leading to corruption ALWAYS happens

bunchies

Reaction score
i'm not going bald at a fast rate or anything but i still cant style it anymore like i used to .

I would start with a buzzcut and then let it grow and try to have allot of hairstyles and end with cool dreadlocks :woot:

greetz

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
id be happier so i wouldnt really do anything, id simply get up and goto work like normal :)

infact before my hair started falling out i didnt give a crap about my career or what shape i was in, i was able to get all the girls i needed and it did make me happy.

a thinning hairline and it all changed, change it back and id be happy. infact change it back now and id be a stone lighter and earning twice as much as my full head of hair days.

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
I would be able to hang out with people in the same age-group without feeling neglected, do the things I want in life, waking up every morning whitout having to shave my f*****g head and the best: Girls would glance at me and send signals they like what they see. Just in the good old days.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Saying that we would find something else to fixate on is entirely possible, I'm not denying that. But if I got my hair back and then suddenly decide that I want a six pack and a less hairy back, it wouldn't be hard for me to do crunches and go get my back waxed. In fact those details are infinately easier to achieve than an nw5 to NW1.

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Saying that we would find something else to fixate on is entirely possible, I'm not denying that

Good comment. I know I would fixate on something else. My nose, my teeths/smile or my body composure but it wouldnt control my life. I wouldnt hinder my in my daily life.

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
superfrankie said:
uncomfortable man said:
Saying that we would find something else to fixate on is entirely possible, I'm not denying that

Good comment. I know I would fixate on something else. My nose, my teeths/smile or my body composure but it wouldnt control my life. I wouldnt hinder my in my daily life.

For sure. I think if we can try and accept ourselves and the way we look, then whatever we have to deal with will become easier. Even if NW1s die, become ugly, and get old. There is no one person that has a perfect or happy life.

If we can accept our hair loss, then it will help us to accept anything.

Right now my mental attitude is ok. I have got over the initial stages 'of f*** I cant beleive this is happening' (denial) and now its not at the forefront of my thinking, Ive grown used to it. But it has definitly effected my deeper mental state as a whole - my self esteem/confidence etc.

What Im really scared about is thinning. Thats when sh*t really hits the fan. When that becomes obvoius enough, you really have to accept sh*t then. Lets be straight, it looks terrible when your hair is thinning and you still grow it all out. The only real option is to shave, and then you face the dilemna, sh*t how will I look bald? And thats a lot to think about.

For now Im just going to try and concentrate on my immiedatte future, and not my hair loss - because I cant change it.

I am watching soemthing on TV about Royal Marines (High quality group of soldiers for those in the US) who have lost limbs. They are all taking part in a challenge to climb to Everest Base Camp, and their outlook is inspring and stunning. Truly cheerful in the face of adversity. Perhaps we dont see everything, just what we see on the camera, and I can imagine losing a limnb would be mentally damaging. But seeing these guys going up a mountain with one leg/one arm, gone, or sometimes more, all cracking jokes at each other and getting on with it, its really inspring. Seeing these guys who are so cheerful and postive with missing limbs climbing up a mountain and really making the most of their situation makes me realize that hair loss is a minor thing.

And all these guys who say hair loss wrecked their life etc. Just look at things outside of your own narrow point. You should reach the point where your just happy to born human.

nerdwood

Established Member
Reaction score
First thing I would do if I got it all back..... shave it all off!!!

Get more pussy with a shaved head than I EVER did with hair. :hump: :punk:

Obsidian

Reaction score
Probably worry about something else

Nichiyoubi

Reaction score
Hope4hairRedux said:
superfrankie said:
uncomfortable man said:

For sure. I think if we can try and accept ourselves and the way we look, then whatever we have to deal with will become easier. Even if NW1s die, become ugly, and get old. There is no one person that has a perfect or happy life.

If we can accept our hair loss, then it will help us to accept anything...

...And all these guys who say hair loss wrecked their life etc. Just look at things outside of your own narrow point. You should reach the point where your just happy to born human.

Hallelujah bro! What is really funny about this thread is that anyone posting could do exactly what they are fantasizing about doing "if I had it all back" right now! It's not like you lost your leg to an IED or something and can never walk, run, cycle or ski again. That would surely put hair loss into proper perspective wouldn't it.

The problem is not what's on top of a man's head, it's what's inside it. Embrace hair loss and set yourselves free!