What's results are being released in 2013 from the new technologies?

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
^ rookie or no, you can't hold it too far against him for having that idea. probably the majority of rookies are the types that think every new discovery is gunna be the one to finally beat it... and we only hafta wait 5 years(tm) too!

Sparky4444

Reaction score
as far as I'm concerned, you can toss minoxidil for CET..in fact, I think you can toss finasteride for CET...stop buying into the propaganda

abcdefg

Reaction score
finasteride and minoxidil is all there is. dont expect something new.

Well this is true in the sense that its going to be years at the very least before anything better then these is actually around to really use legit. So if you dont have years you should use what we have now instead of waiting.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
^ rookie or no, you can't hold it too far against him for having that idea. probably the majority of rookies are the types that think every new discovery is gunna be the one to finally beat it... and we only hafta wait 5 years(tm) too!
^ This is the correct answer. It amazes me the amount of basement chemists who do all of this in-depth research for a cure to male pattern baldness. Do they really think they can crack the code? But yes, it's naive to think that something better is around the corner. The history speaks for itself. After sooo many attempts we are no closer to a cure today than we were 30 years ago. Even Costerelis failed... the pattern is obvious.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
There are plenty of treatments (note treatments, not cures) that would probably work as well, if not better, than minoxidil or even Finasteride. But the pharmaceutical companies haven't bothered to develop and market them because they simply aren't lucrative enough.

Neither Propecia or Rogaine sales have ever been spectacular AFAIK. It's not a 'conspiracy theory', it's just that the bottom line is ultimately profit. Sad but true.

IDW2BB

Established Member
Reaction score
^ This is the correct answer. It amazes me the amount of basement chemists who do all of this in-depth research for a cure to male pattern baldness. Do they really think they can crack the code? But yes, it's naive to think that something better is around the corner. The history speaks for itself. After sooo many attempts we are no closer to a cure today than we were 30 years ago. Even Costerelis failed... the pattern is obvious.
I'll tell you this, it may very well be a bold, basement chemist that gets our hair back.

abcdefg

Reaction score
There are plenty of treatments (note treatments, not cures) that would probably work as well, if not better, than minoxidil or even Finasteride. But the pharmaceutical companies haven't bothered to develop and market them because they simply aren't lucrative enough.

Neither Propecia or Rogaine sales have ever been spectacular AFAIK. It's not a 'conspiracy theory', it's just that the bottom line is ultimately profit. Sad but true.

Yeah actually propecia poor sales never helped much with getting hair loss more importance. If a super amazing regrowth product was found though there would be plenty of money in that, the problem is stopping hair loss does not draw the big attention as does regrowing.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll tell you this, it may very well be a bold, basement chemist that gets our hair back.
I doubt it. I think realistically if your Norwood 7 stem cell research and eventually cloning of hairs will be the cure to male pattern baldness and its absolutely going to happen I just think it might be longer off then people predict. I dont know many basement chemists cloning hairs or doing stem cell research but who knows for sure

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
It's more likely tob e someone in the context of university. Not big pharma.

abcdefg

Reaction score
It is true though that we only have propecia and rogain because of the financial success of those treatments. I think we might have something like RU by now if it was worth the money to do it, but I guess it wasnt. The answer to this question though is in 2013 you wont see anything proven that is new so get or keep taking propecia because its going to be a few years. There are new flavor of the month unproven treatments all the time, but they never are worth it.