What's results are being released in 2013 from the new technologies?

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Not interested in new drugs/topicals, just the potential "cures" like HM.

Anyone have a list?

I'm giving it a couple more years and if there is not concrete advancement by 2015 I'm
going the hair transplant route.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I take it topical cetirizine has not done much for you :)
Stem cell therapy is just now hitting the market, I anticipate it will be very expensive thought considering how new it is
http://www.seattlepi.com/business/p...Hair-Restoration-First-in-Pacific-4409215.php

I am not sure that the results with ACELL is worth it...Over on the hair transplant board someone brought to light a new way of harvesting donor hair with FUE that would mean pretty much zero scarring, massive improvement in FUE donor hair and wayyyy less invasive in terms of head shaving, recovery time, etc....should be out there by the end of this year...

...to be honest, I could give a crap about my back and sides -- I usually keep it buzzed...put all of it on my top and vertex for all I care, I'd be happy with that...and no scarring in the back...and about $40K lighter in the bank account

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
TBH, I try and stop myself from following news about future treatments these days. Too much false hope. It'll always be five years away, no matter what. :(

resu

Reaction score
I am not sure that the results with ACELL is worth it...Over on the hair transplant board someone brought to light a new way of harvesting donor hair with FUE that would mean pretty much zero scarring, massive improvement in FUE donor hair and wayyyy less invasive in terms of head shaving, recovery time, etc....should be out there by the end of this year...

...to be honest, I could give a crap about my back and sides -- I usually keep it buzzed...put all of it on my top and vertex for all I care, I'd be happy with that...and no scarring in the back...and about $40K lighter in the bank account

Yep, why no one does this? Just move most of the hairs on the back and sides to the top, even non balders are doing this look.

cthulhu

Banned
Reaction score
interesting find sparxxx, I would assume it would feel a lot better than taking out a chunk of a persons scalp which a normal hair transplant involves. I wouldn't lose hope just yet, there are a few topical antiandrogens are well on their way for approval sometime in the next two years(ASC-J9 and cb-03-01) plus bimatoprost(growth stimulator) depending on how bad your hairloss situation is. If one is completely bald than I guess hope rests on stem cells.

- - - Updated - - -

and I agree, it wouldn't look half as bad if we lost all our hair on the sides and back and retained everything on top.

cthulhu

Banned
Reaction score
Looks exciting, however, the results pictures that this doctor has on his website only show moderate improvements, compared to much better pictures from some of the other websites for doctors who performs ACELL. But that's a lot cheaper than a normal hair transplant that's for sure, so good news either way.

hahadaxiao

Reaction score
hello cthulhu . I`ve seen the web you gave and the so called technique is ACell+PRP .Does it means stem cell therapy ? Can it increase the amount of follicles ? If you know more about it I`m looking forward t your feedback .

Sparky4444

Reaction score
hello cthulhu . I`ve seen the web you gave and the so called technique is ACell+PRP .Does it means stem cell therapy ? Can it increase the amount of follicles ? If you know more about it I`m looking forward t your feedback .

Not meaning to be a douche-bag, but go look it up for yourself...you can email these doctors as well...

cthulhu

Banned
Reaction score
looks like a scam to me. First off its expensive as hell, second of all there is no mention of a control group in the study that produced a measly 4% increase.

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score

hahadaxiao

Reaction score
Yep , of course I will look it up .I just wondered if he\she knows and he can share the information to us so that we can get the useful information faster than waiting for the doctors` feedback , if he would like . No willing to start disputes and good luck to you .

ladysmanfelpz

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the cure is going to be gene therapy. They can remove or add in the gene to your DNA that causes the auto-immune attack of hair follicles. They are already doing this stuff in labs, but am not sure if it is being used for anything yet. I hope this will be out soon cuz i am 22 and don't think anti-androgens will work my whole life. This will be a one time thing, like a hair transplant, but it will be all natural and you won't have to worry about hair loss again!

LuckySlevin

Reaction score
Looks exciting, however, the results pictures that this doctor has on his website only show moderate improvements, compared to much better pictures from some of the other websites for doctors who performs ACELL. But that's a lot cheaper than a normal hair transplant that's for sure, so good news either way.

I just have to say agree with part of what you said. this procedure shows moderate improvement. i have an uncle who has had a fue hair transplant in greeece and it is amazing the quanity of hair he has now and although this new procedure is a little cheaper i prefer the fue hair transplant in greece of by the spanish Dr. Lorenzo look up his videos on youtube his channel is called InjertoCapilar. This doesnt look like much improvement so id wait.

Also to Casperz : Man 2015 is the year of the cure. I believe In all the studies that are being done: Aderans (Unsure if they are still working) Histogen, Hair cloning, Etc. But mostly i am waiting on Replicel Cause i have read all the articles and they seem legit plus the hipe od their research is growing, which means people alot of people are starting to believe.

Baldie101

Established Member
Reaction score
Amen to that 'bro! I am sick of the routine...just wanna live normally

Me too but I wouldn't mind an injection once a year or five if it would help me get my hair back to how it was many years ago. For me it's more of having something that will work 100% so I wouldn't be stressed or worried about it working or not.