What Would You Do If Your Friends Saw You Hairlosstalk Account?

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
This forum is more about social dynamics, dating, attraction and love anyway.

The conversations here are usually more real and honest than in anywhere I've ever seen.

And only HairLossTalk.com women see on this forum sexism, hate, and discrimination towards females...

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
This forum is more about social dynamics, dating, attraction and love anyway.

The conversations here are usually more real and honest than in anywhere I've ever seen.

Yes, this forum (section) went far away

Also, one needs to scroll deeper and deeper to find an Impact section, it was at the beginning of welcome page a while ago.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
I don't agree with a lot of the stuff that is said here in regards to women hating and stuff but overall this is one of the few places where people get it.

It's very infuriating trying to explain to family / therapist/ other websites why hairloss bothers you so much. No matter how much you make your case they never truly get it and it's extremely frustrating. I like reading Reddit but at the end of the day they will still throw in the obligatory blue pill.

The hairloss "redpill" so to speak has nothing to do with being an incel / hating women. That's never what it was to me. It was about acknowledging that hairloss completely destroys the vast majority of young peoples looks. Some people will tell you there is more to life than looks but I disagree. I sound shallow but looks are the single biggest attribute that anyone posses. It's how we identify each other - it's the core of our identity.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
in RL my friends think my hair loss doesn't bother me, we just don't talk about it, and in my job I am somewhat respected.
if they saw all this sh*t I post honestly I think they'd just lose all respect for me. So if I got rumbled I'd delete my account and all my posts. tbh I have posted too much, I have posted where in England i am from, how old I am, what I used to look like... I just hope only other baldies would read these boards and that they too would understand.

It's funny I have a handsome friend who has been single years and they are always talking about "why is he single, he must be gay, he must be going on grindr secretly at night" yet they never talk that way about me.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
in RL my friends think my hair loss doesn't bother me, we just don't talk about it, and in my job I am somewhat respected.
if they saw all this sh*t I post honestly I think they'd just lose all respect for me. So if I got rumbled I'd delete my account and all my posts. tbh I have posted too much, I have posted where in England i am from, how old I am, what I used to look like... I just hope only other baldies would read these boards and that they too would understand.

It's funny I have a handsome friend who has been single years and they are always talking about "why is he single, he must be gay, he must be going on grindr secretly at night" yet they never talk that way about me.
Yes, I'm almost certain normal people would never read this section.

The chances of a fullhead or a woman seeing this site is slim in the first place. The chances of them seeing the impact section - which is almost hidden - is again extremely minimal. And then the chance of them seeing your exact post where you talk about yourself and then them seeing it and figuring it out is almost impossible.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would tell people the truth:

1) That I'm concerned with my appearance, which includes my hair as it's a major variable, and one which is somewhat controllable, and which affects my looks. I care about my appearance because women value it in a man, and I'm tired of being alone. When people tell me that women only care about kindness, loyalty, and having a good fashion sense, I sometimes tell them off, and I sometimes abstain.

2) That there's also a sense of community here where people can discuss things honestly. We also talk about movies and politics, and in general people are more open on the internet.

3) That I have a longstanding addiction to forums going back to when I was a teenager.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had an older woman flirt with me on the flight to Atlanta and I was too polite to demand space. I found myself wondering if Chad gets prime 6+/10 women regularly touching and complimenting him when he gets on flights. If I was Chad I would systematically sit down next to whoever was good looking (Southwest airlines lets you pick your seat).

She went over part of her life story and why she's single. One man was too autistic and she didn't like that he repeated what she said, one was fat, one was an a**h**, some wanted her to be a mommy, etc.

One guy was fat and bald and kept a toupee. He was always adjusting his toupee to make sure it was in place properly and she found that distracting. One time she told him that Bryan Cranston looks good to her, so he told her to shave her hair like Bryan Cranston.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've had it 3 days ago, I'm still sitting around with the scabs on my head.

I think it went well. 2024 grafts to add density at the front and add hair mid-scalp. The surgeon said I had something like 700-800 grafts left.

Not enough grafts to cover my crown unfortunately, that's just how it is.

I'm not sure about documenting it this time, even though 99% of people were very happy about the result of my first FUE, my brain seems to get stuck on the handful of people who tell me that I look like sh*t, that it looks like pubes, that the difference is all in my head and what not.

While I've never had any negative comment in real life, even De Reys was surprised by my first hair transplant result (that I finally grew out before the surgery) and thought it was quite good for only 2000 grafts.

So yeah, I don't want to deal with that sh*t anymore. There's a lot of anger and resentment on this forum, which is understandable, but I just don't think it's worth it to be the target of it again.

I can already see it coming: "what's the point if you have no crown? you're still bald!" f*** that.

Anyway, I'm quite excited about the added density and the fact that what I'll see in the mirror will be much more pleasing. It will surely improve my self-confidence and my aesthetics in general, even if I end up buzzing my hair short. There's a world of difference between that and being slick bald in my opinion.

would you use the remaining 800 grafts and some beard grafts for the crown? or you just gonna leave it now until better treatments come along

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know yet. It would be too complicated and risky to use the rest of the grafts coupled with beard grafts.

The most likely scenario is that I'm going to wait that something better comes along, but I can't say that with certainty, because in a year or so, I could be very happy with what I see in the mirror, then become bummed out by my bald crown and get the urge to cover it.

And even if I go for it, the donor I've left coupled with my weak beard would never be enough to restore my crown properly. They don't call it a black hole for nothing.
wouldn't that just leave a thin spot though? if you used the rest of your head hair and beard grafts? thin spot > bald spot.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
I've had it 3 days ago, I'm still sitting around with the scabs on my head.

I think it went well. 2024 grafts to add density at the front and add hair mid-scalp. The surgeon said I had something like 700-800 grafts left.

Oh man, you should have had 2048 grafts....

Good luck with the new hair!

blackg

Reaction score
I would tell people the truth:

1) That I'm concerned with my appearance, which includes my hair as it's a major variable, and one which is somewhat controllable, and which affects my looks. I care about my appearance because women value it in a man, and I'm tired of being alone. When people tell me that women only care about kindness, loyalty, and having a good fashion sense, I sometimes tell them off, and I sometimes abstain.

2) That there's also a sense of community here where people can discuss things honestly. We also talk about movies and politics, and in general people are more open on the internet.

3) That I have a longstanding addiction to forums going back to when I was a teenager.
Don't fall into the Mississippi river while you are down in Nawlins!