What Would Be The Best Hormonal Profile To Take Finasteride?

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what's low testosterone tho, I have low test for my age but the doctors tell me my test is "normal" because it's in the normal range.
I also went to an endocrinologist who told me free testosterone is more important than total testosterone when it comes to sexual functions, he said even if my total t is lower for my age, my free t and the rest of the stuff is good, but who knows he might just be wrong, can't trust doctors nowadays.
honestly it’ll be super rare to be out of normal range at your age. low normal is not good for your sex drive. low libido from low normal testosterone is more likely

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
honestly it’ll be super rare to be out of normal range at your age. low normal is not good for your sex drive. low libido from low normal testosterone is more likely

well, ain't nothing that can be done about that, it's genetic. only way to increase it is taking testosterone which I am for sure not going to do, but I'm thinking of hopping on 0.5 mg finasteride because of my hair.

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
well, ain't nothing that can be done about that, it's genetic. only way to increase it is taking testosterone which I am for sure not going to do, but I'm thinking of hopping on 0.5 mg finasteride because of my hair.
Do you know your test levels ? if they are actually low what would be wrong with doing TRT?

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride actually raises your testosterone slightly. not enough to make a significant difference in anytning, but it raises it. A certain amount of test gets converted to dht, so finasteride prevents that conversion and actually raises your T levels by 15%

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know your test levels ? if they are actually low what would be wrong with doing TRT?

but didn't you say low test means higher chance of side effects from finasteride?

and yes, my test is about 400 ng/dL, I'm 28, it should be 600-700

thing with trt, first of all it's for life, and it has dramatic effects on you, first of all it will dramatically accelerate hair loss, it shrinks your testicles, and it makes you infertile, it could also have effects on your blood pressure, cholesterol, your heart and everything that has to do with your cardiovascular health.
so once you start it's basically for good, always gotta keep getting checked, and if you go off it your testosterone basically plummets because your testicles are shut down so you will have lower t than what you initial had before you started.

I'm only 28 I don't want to deal with all that crap and I don't want to be infertile.

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
but didn't you say low test means higher chance of side effects from finasteride?

and yes, my test is about 400 ng/dL, I'm 28, it should be 600-700

thing with trt, first of all it's for life, and it has dramatic effects on you, first of all it will dramatically accelerate hair loss, it shrinks your testicles, and it makes you infertile, it could also have effects on your blood pressure, cholesterol, your heart and everything that has to do with your cardiovascular health.
so once you start it's basically for good, always gotta keep getting checked, and if you go off it your testosterone basically plummets because your testicles are shut down so you will have lower t than what you initial had before you started.

I'm only 28 I don't want to deal with all that crap and I don't want to be infertile.
i’m saying having both low testosterone and dht will increase chances of sexual sides. but finasteride DOES increase your testosterone, by about 15%, which if anything, is a good thing, in regards to your testosterone levels. and yeah man if i was at 400 i would do TRT. you can do TRT with finasteride. DHT is more of the issue for your hair, then testosterone. so if you go on TRT you’ll still be blocking the majority of the dht in your system. and a good doctor will just make you on the high normal range. do you have low libido without finasteride ? if you don’t, i wouldnt worry. there truly is only a 1% chance of sides, and if you do get sides, they go away when u stop. don’t listen to the crazy people on this site lol

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i’m saying having both low testosterone and dht will increase chances of sexual sides. but finasteride DOES increase your testosterone, by about 15%, which if anything, is a good thing, in regards to your testosterone levels. and yeah man if i was at 400 i would do TRT. you can do TRT with finasteride. DHT is more of the issue for your hair, then testosterone. so if you go on TRT you’ll still be blocking the majority of the dht in your system. and a good doctor will just make you on the high normal range. do you have low libido without finasteride ? if you don’t, i wouldnt worry. there truly is only a 1% chance of sides, and if you do get sides, they go away when u stop. don’t listen to the crazy people on this site lol

I wouldn't do trt because of the other reasons I specified. and yes I believe I have low libido naturally. but that could for tons of other reasons so idk, but rn I'm at the point where I can't look myself in the mirror anymore nor do I want to get out of bed, because of my hair. so idk what to do.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
DHT is more potent yes, but you have much more test in your system than dht, and testosterone is the primary male hormone. Your sex drive is predominately influenced by testosterone. Even people on duasteride do not have a high instance of sexual sides. forums are a classic case of SAMPLE BIAS. as in, people with no sides are less likely to post, and people with sides are more likely to post. so let’s do the math. the instance of sexual sides with people blocked 100% of their dht are rare. the instance of sexual sides when people have below normal testosterone are very high. block your testosterone and let me know if you get sexual sides. you are 100% guaranteed to . so if most people can block dht, and get no sides, and everyone who blocks testosterone gets sides, which hormone is more important, you moron?
I agree. Me personally, having been on dutasteride for a year, experienced higher/very high libido, thicker semen, morning woods on the daily and wet dreams coupled with the fact that my DHT was crushed as i was/am losing body hair and facial hair (sorry for TMI), i am sure that T plays the predominant role of a male's sexual health.

Introducing CPA brought me all the sides (and more) that "PFS sufferers" claim to experience with 1 pill of finasteride. But CPA is no joke, and since my T levels are in the female range, no wonder i am experiencing a major dent in my sexual health (finally).

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree. Me personally, having been on dutasteride for a year, experienced higher/very high libido, thicker semen, morning woods on the daily and wet dreams coupled with the fact that my DHT was crushed as i was/am losing body hair and facial hair (sorry for TMI), i am sure that T plays the predominant role of a male's sexual health.

Introducing CPA brought me all the sides (and more) that "PFS sufferers" claim to experience with 1 pill of finasteride. But CPA is no joke, and since my T levels are in the female range, no wonder i am experiencing a major dent in my sexual health (finally).

Your regimen seems to indicate that you are on EE though, a combination with CPA would no doubt lead to adverse sexual sides. I've tolerated CPA well on its own, the only sides I can report of after 2.5+ years are lowered energy and impaired spermiogenesis.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your regimen seems to indicate that you are on EE though, a combination with CPA would no doubt lead to adverse sexual sides. I've tolerated CPA well on its own, the only sides I can report of after 2.5+ years are lowered energy and impaired spermiogenesis.
I was on 50mg CPA for 6 weeks before introducing EE. And the sides that i got on 50 mg CPA are still the same on 25mg CPA and EE. Being on CPA for 2.5+ years with no sex hormones is really bad for your health, bones and organs.

What was/is your CPA dose throughout the years ??

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was on 50mg CPA for 6 weeks before introducing EE. And the sides that i got on 50 mg CPA are still the same on 25mg CPA and EE. Being on CPA for 2.5+ years with no sex hormones is really bad for your health, bones and organs.

What was/is your CPA dose throughout the years ??
Interesting for how many months have you been on that combo?

Been on as high as 100mg for at least a year but currently on 50 atm. Without Oestrogen CPA doesn't really lower T further than 70%. Yeah its probably not great for my health, not had a liver function test yet but did have an MRI earlier this year and as my doctor was going over the result of a leg injury I'd asked how my bone density was and he seemed to think it was healthy. I do plan on dropping CPA though and switching to spironolactone.

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't listen to the crazy people who believe only 1% get sides? I agree.

Also it's funny you say test levels increase with 15%, you do know that estrogen also rises right? Lol at this fina taking coper.
estrogen raised by 15% as well . estrogen in a man is low. if your estrogen is 30 pre finasteride, it’ll be 35 while on finasteride. that’s ALSO insignificant, when a normal man can be as high as 50. duhhhh what’s higher, 15% more of a low number or high number ? the test increase on finasteride is much higher than the estrogen, like i said the estrogen increase is 15% which is insignificant because men have very little estrogen. and again, no sides, libido still high, great hair. enjoy ya bald head you fear mongerer

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting for how many months have you been on that combo?

Been on as high as 100mg for at least a year but currently on 50 atm. Without Oestrogen CPA doesn't really lower T further than 70%. Yeah its probably not great for my health, not had a liver function test yet but did have an MRI earlier this year and as my doctor was going over the result of a leg injury I'd asked how my bone density was and he seemed to think it was healthy. I do plan on dropping CPA though and switching to spironolactone.
I would think that 100 mg for a year would cause a very high spike in your prolactin levels. But it seems you had an MRI and i hope no meningiomas / brain tumours were detected. Have you ever had blood hormonal test ?? To check where your T and E levels stand at.

I am on CPA 25 mg and EE 30 mcg (+desogestrel cause it's birth control) for 2 months now. And the gyno is very real and painfull as you could imagine.