What Would Be The Best Hormonal Profile To Take Finasteride?

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
pretty sure dht is more important to sexual functioning than testosterone.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s actually the vice versa.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s actually the vice versa.

if it was vice versa you then finasteride wouldn't have any sexual related side effects, on the contrary it would improve them considering how it makes testosterone rises, so yeah dht is more important, the only reason the body rises testosterone when dht goes down is to try and make more dht

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Block your testosterone and become a tranny

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if it was vice versa you then finasteride wouldn't have any sexual related side effects, on the contrary it would improve them considering how it makes testosterone rises, so yeah dht is more important, the only reason the body rises testosterone when dht goes down is to try and make more dht
Actually, the body raises T due to T no longer being converted into DHT (that 20% increase in T is the supposed T that was already converted into DHT daily). If DHT was all that important for sexual sides, nearly everyone would get these sides on dutasteride.

Last edited:

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually it's because ~10% of your testosterone converts to DHT, and you are blocking that conversion by inhibiting the enzyme responsible for it.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Having borderline low T and going on finasteride may be pretty much suicide. From what I’ve seen, most of these people who get persistent sides are do not have good androgen supply to begin with, and finasteride basically pushes them off of the cliff that they were heading towards anyway.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Having borderline low T and going on finasteride may be pretty much suicide. From what I’ve seen, most of these people who get persistent sides are do not have good androgen supply to begin with, and finasteride basically pushes them off of the cliff that they were heading towards anyway.

then I guess I shouldn't try finasteride, my testosterone is low for my age, it's in the "normal" range but if you compare it to testosterone by age groups then it's low

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no best hormone profile BUT I would advise everyone that wants to hop on fina, etc to get a hormone level check.

If something goes wrong you have a reference point and it could help with your recovery.

I know you're anti-finasteride and any androgen blockers, but could you genuinely say you'd never try it? even if your norwood gets worse and worse? you're norwood 1-2 rn, so of course it seems like a stupid decision for you to take the gamble with finasteride. when my hairloss wasn't bad like that I was anti-finasteride too, nowadays I'm still anti-finasteride but less then I was, basically, the worse my hair gets the more desperate I become.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course I tried finasteride. Did it for 2 years and after 1 year had a complete stop of hairloss. But of course got all the side effects and wasn't worth it sadly.

And I understand in what position you are right now. If you're going that route, atleast get a hormone level check and try topical AA's in micro doses.

I do have hormonal check, I mean I think I do, idk what hormones to check for this, plus I can't get all of my hormones tested (like dht) unless I go for a private check and that just costs load of money, but even then I don't know what to make of it, so far all the hormones I've checked are in the "normal" range, but that could not mean anything.

and I have no idea where to get topical finasteride, I thought about starting oral finasteride but with 0.25mg-0.5mg

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1% of men get sexual sides by blocking dht. 100% men with low testosterone have sexual sides. test is the most important male hormone

dudealpha

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bullshit. DHT has a far more potent androgenic effect than testosterone. And the 1% is pure cope, most men will get side effects eventually. Forums are full of people who have them and we know the Merck studies are lies.
I'm now starting a saw palmetto treatment because I'm 17. Even for this less potent DHT blocker, it has been shown that you can only take it for 3 years max before it isn't safe. I'm guessing that you can alternate your treatment, take it 3 months then drop it for 3 months?

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm now starting a saw palmetto treatment because I'm 17. Even for this less potent DHT blocker, it has been shown that you can only take it for 3 years max before it isn't safe. I'm guessing that you can alternate your treatment, take it 3 months then drop it for 3 months?
Where did you read it’s only safe for 3 years? I’ve never heard this

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bullshit. DHT has a far more potent androgenic effect than testosterone. And the 1% is pure cope, most men will get side effects eventually. Forums are full of people who have them and we know the Merck studies are lies.

What about the non-MSD sponsored trials that seem to align closely with the very low rate of sexual sides?

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You clearly don’t understand hormones then. Testosterone influences a mans sex drive WAY MORE then DHT. that’s an absolute fact.
if you have below normal levels of testosterone, your chances of ED, depresssion, etc, is extremely high. the studies conducted on finasteride show a 1% chance of sexual sides. again, if you have low testosterone you have a 100% chance of having a low libudo. i’ve been on finasteride for a year. my libido is still high, and i havnt lost any more hair. Testosterone is responsible for a mans sex drive NOT dht. If you have low testosterone, and also diminish your dht, you will probably effect your sex drive.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You clearly don’t understand hormones then. Testosterone influences a mans sex drive WAY MORE then DHT. that’s an absolute fact.
if you have below normal levels of testosterone, your chances of ED, depresssion, etc, is extremely high. the studies conducted on finasteride show a 1% chance of sexual sides. again, if you have low testosterone you have a 100% chance of having a low libudo. i’ve been on finasteride for a year. my libido is still high, and i havnt lost any more hair. Testosterone is responsible for a mans sex drive NOT dht. If you have low testosterone, and also diminish your dht, you will probably effect your sex drive.

what's low testosterone tho, I have low test for my age but the doctors tell me my test is "normal" because it's in the normal range.
I also went to an endocrinologist who told me free testosterone is more important than total testosterone when it comes to sexual functions, he said even if my total t is lower for my age, my free t and the rest of the stuff is good, but who knows he might just be wrong, can't trust doctors nowadays.

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
DHT is more potent yes, but you have much more test in your system than dht, and testosterone is the primary male hormone. Your sex drive is predominately influenced by testosterone. Even people on duasteride do not have a high instance of sexual sides. forums are a classic case of SAMPLE BIAS. as in, people with no sides are less likely to post, and people with sides are more likely to post. so let’s do the math. the instance of sexual sides with people blocked 100% of their dht are rare. the instance of sexual sides when people have below normal testosterone are very high. block your testosterone and let me know if you get sexual sides. you are 100% guaranteed to . so if most people can block dht, and get no sides, and everyone who blocks testosterone gets sides, which hormone is more important, you moron?