what was your happiness rating before hair loss and after hair loss?

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
before hair loss id say my happiness rating was prolly a 6/10, i had just finished junior year as valedictorian, my social skills were improving, and i was "finding myself" (creating an identity).

hair loss came along early in senior year and completely destroyed it, senior year all year i was a 0/10. complete utter boundless misery the entire time

its been a year and a half since i graduated high school and my hair is somewhat better and stabilized, still visible tho. id say im a 3/10 now

remember 5/10 is totally average, not really happy not really sad just in the middle

take it from there

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
In high school I was about a 7 on the happiness scale and when I experienced hair loss it would go up and down. When my shed hit early this year and a lot of other bad stuff happened, I was about a 3 unfortunately. Im back around 7 now, 8 some days.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
this .. I already had problems .. losing the hair was just like some cruel joke .. kinda like kicking you while you're down
yea exactly

i was in poverty with a ****ty home life even before hair loss

hair loss was a cruel joke to me as well

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sure does kick that BDD into gear doesn't it? I was fine as long as I felt aesthetically pleasing but once that dermatologist told me I had pre-male pattern baldness I was depressed for months. To a 22 year old in the prime of his life, I may as well been told I was terminally ill. At 26 I'm better equipped to handle it now.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Before losing hair 9/10 , when I first realised I was losing hair and in the beginning stages of my baldness 2/10 and now that I've lost the majority of my hair 0/10, if not on the minus - side..

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure does kick that BDD into gear doesn't it?

For society, but not you. Think about this:

Who displays disgust towards your hair loss, you or society? The answer of course is society. So who has the case of BDD?

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
my nw1 days probably 6 as I was socially awkward though still had a good group of friends

my denial period went up to 8 (not kidding), probably best time of my life. Just started uni, meeting new ppl, girls etc

now im at like a 4. Staying home mostly, out of touch with friends (probably lost most of the new friends i made last year in uni). I try to distract myself with online games, tv shows and sometimes it works- I have moments where I am content...then BAM remember i have hairloss

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'd say I was 10/10, before experiencing recession. Post-recession like 7/10, pretty pissed that I had to start experiencing male pattern baldness so young. Then I read about finasteride and thought are my prays were answered?! 8/10 at this moment. Then tried ****ing finasteride for two weeks and realised I was experienced sides from it, had to stop. Now pissed and 5/10 because I know there is nothing I can do but watch my ****ing hair disappear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mine fluctuates a lot. I would say up to 16 I was probably a steady 6/10. 18 onwards it was like 8/10 to 2/10 - had some horrible things happen in my life but also some great things.

Last year or so I have been a steady 5.

I don't think my hair loss is that much of a big deal to me. Receding hairline at 24. Now late 20's and started treatment. I'm more obsessed about it now as I have greater awareness of it. Also at a critical stage between 2.5-3 Norwood.

I don't think I have been truly happy for a long time but somehow I carry on as a zombie and keep everything under control, neglecting nothing. Kind of weird.

doublebatman

Established Member
Reaction score
Before hairloss probably. A 7/8. After hair
loss maybe a 6/7.

I remember my hairdresser at 16 telling me I would go bald, I shrugged it off until I was early twenties when some 6 year old kid pointed it out. I went to uni and was convinced that it had been stress and my hair was back to normal. One day in a service station I caught glimpse of myself in a mirror and my hair looked awful. I spent the next day obsessing about my hair in the mirror for likely 7 hours. Initially I was devastated, when i spoke to my gf about me balding she was like " yeah, I know, you've always been balding ", which was kinda annoying but also reassuring. Would she prefer me with more hair? Probably... But then i'd prefer her thinner and with bigger tits. Doesn't mean we don't love each other to bits and get on like a house on fire.

Since then ive shaved it to a zero guard. I look pretty bald to be honest but im in good shape and have a good facial structure. I still look good in photos, although I'm a little worried about losing the rest of my faint hairline if I can maintain that, I'll be happy.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that because I look good bald(ing) and my gf isn't bothered about the hair it hasn't really changed things that much for me. Hair loss is much like other things, it can't be generalised as everyone has a different experience.. There's so many factors

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will rate my happiness a 10/10 before and after hair loss. I'm still the same person as always. I will admit without doubt that my male pattern baldness does get me down sometimes, especially how disrespectful non hair loss sufferers can be towards those who do suffer from hair loss by being told so often to just get over it. I look at my male pattern baldness as a massive inconvenience in my life, not some kind of a curse or cruel joke from mother nature. There's Androgenetic Alopecia on both sides of my family so it doesn't surprise me that I'm so prone to male pattern baldness. What does surprise me though is how early it started in my life. At least alopecia isn't a life threatening medical condition.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will rate my happiness a 10/10 before and after hair loss. I'm still the same person as always. I will admit without doubt that my male pattern baldness does get me down sometimes, especially how disrespectful non hair loss sufferers can be towards those who do suffer from hair loss by being told so often to just get over it. I look at my male pattern baldness as a massive inconvenience in my life, not some kind of a curse or cruel joke from mother nature. There's Androgenetic Alopecia on both sides of my family so it doesn't surprise me that I'm so prone to male pattern baldness. What does surprise me though is how early it started in my life. At least alopecia isn't a life threatening medical condition.
you are perfectly happy with your life? really?