What was the worst moment in your hairloss?

Isaac Newton

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I've had NW1 for a long time actually, but ive been wrecked by diffuse thinning that I attribute to stress. I started finasteride due to diffuse thinning and was never sure if that was the right move. My hope at the moment are vasodilators, so far I finally have faint hope that I might recover enough some day to not be a toppikcel
have you tried dermmatch? i was combo dermmatch + hat prisoner for the one semester i went to college IRL. and i was heavily diffuse nw6. what is the pattern of your diffusion?

Isaac Newton

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Toppik tends to do the job honestly, but having it too long these days reveals me as a diffuse thinner. If I have it like 1-3" long and use toppik everyone thinks I have thick hair. It's a tragedy honestly to see how my hair looks like long than how it used to be.

And it's literally completely even diffuse. My sides and back of heads are just as diffused as my front and top, no more no less. But at the crown not much overlapping so yeah toppik
are you sure thats male pattern baldness? if its even maybe its universalis

Willoway

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Acknowledging that at 20 years old and minus one days, I learned that I might be a mortal human being but opinions diverge right?

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And here's the kicker - 4 years later I still can't see scalp with my hair dry. It was just a risk I wasn't willing to take at the time.
Sounds like an error I would have made. I feel you though, I tried finasteride 4 years ago and my hair still looks good with with only supplements as “treatments”.
Hopefully I don’t have any kids floating around south east Asia.

Isaac Newton

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's probably stress thinning more than anything, but the people who say telogen efflevium recovers on its own are f*****g liars. Like i literally had a finger chopped off, burn mark on my chest, scar across my face. I lost sight in one goddamn eye. I'm wrecked man
where tf do you live? warlord rwanada? wartorn iraq? lol

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Yeah it's like 80% blind in the center, like a giant void in the middle. One day it just randomly made a *pop* sound too then I started seeing red veins in the periphery and it's stayed like that but they kind of look like shadows now. Makes my eye look like sh*t because it's out of focus so I just close it or cover it
Did your retina detach? So it was from trauma or it happened spontaneously?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
They said it didn't detach that it's retinal scarring, and it was from trauma and some heat
Did you get punched in the face. Sounds like you hung around the wrong crowd there in Texas.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I believe heat had a lot to do with why my eye went blind there was a hot knife involved, I obviously don't want to detail the exact causes of my injuries otherwise I already would have but it's as much my fault as anyone else's. And if I don't have some kind of Alopecia then it's most certainly telogen efflevium except it's not really temporary like they say
I understand. Just do everything in your power to protect your good eye. You don't want to lose that one too. If you have loss in the crown I would think you have MBP. Did you show a photo ever here of your current status?

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like I've been NW1 for like 6 years, 3 of those I've been on finasteride and I really only started finasteride because diffuse was getting bad, but really only the last 2 years my scalp started to show. I'm 31
My hair thins evenly over my entire scalp. It’s diffuse thinning. I did have Telogen Effluvium at one point and you’re right it takes years to go away but I am thinning. I’m not sure if DHT is key though. Grape seed extract and tocotrienols have stopped my shed completely. Scalp doesn’t hurt anymore. I’ve never had an itch. Diet and sups are key with diffuse thinning, especially if it’s your entire scalp.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Like I've been NW1 for like 6 years, 3 of those I've been on finasteride and I really only started finasteride because diffuse was getting bad, but really only the last 2 years my scalp started to show. I'm 31
Do you use minoxidil too?

KevinEdEddEddy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A few years ago, was dating this absolute psycho, but cute, girl for a couple months. After a huge fight I broke up with her. Feeling free and relieved, I went home to have a shower to get ready for a rebound night out with the guys, but discovered to my horror that despite being on finasteride for a year I could now see the entire NW6 area of my head when wet and finasteride obviously wasn't working.

I took my girlfriend back later that night and we now have a 4 year old.

What would have life been like without hair loss?
Well I also had a psycho girlfriend when I discovered how shitty hairloss is, but I am never going back to her