What type of person gets the best response?

PiggyHogDaddy

Reaction score
I'm not sure if there is a thread about this somewhere, but I was wondering if anyone has investigated the correlations between success rates and the genotype of the individual.
For example, do people with dark hair or light hair have better results? Or tall people? Or people from a germanic background, or maybe mediteranian heritage? or men with a hairy cheasts etc etc.
Other aspects of appearence must surly be intrinsically related to potential for regrowth.

Anyone have any ideas?

Wash n' Gone

Established Member
Reaction score
I read that people with dark coarse hair tend to get the best results. The pictures of the best responders seem to conform to that contention. Considering I have light brown, soft hair - not what I wanted to read :D

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Wash n' Gone said:
I read that people with dark coarse hair tend to get the best results. The pictures of the best responders seem to conform to that contention. Considering I have light brown, soft hair - not what I wanted to read :D

Where did you read that?

Elronir

Reaction score
Wash n' Gone said:
lol, I am blond and I am having some good result.

My dermatologist tolds me Propecia was more effective on young man (below 30) with highter than normal testosterone. Also, for her, young people with a lot of body hair were avantaged over the other with propecia. I am not sure if she is right though, just saying what she tolds me.

Wash n' Gone

Established Member
Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
[quote="Wash n' Gone":a7c38]I read that people with dark coarse hair tend to get the best results. The pictures of the best responders seem to conform to that contention. Considering I have light brown, soft hair - not what I wanted to read :D

Where did you read that?[/quote:a7c38]
I think it was balding blog. Can't remember to be honest.

pinkfloyd7

Established Member
Reaction score
you know if propecia doesn't work for you, does that mean avodart won't work for you either ?

Reaction score
Elronir said:
My dermatologist tolds me Propecia was more effective on young man (below 30) with highter than normal testosterone.

but i thought high testosterone increased hair loss on the hair line?

Cassin

Reaction score
Wash n' Gone said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":b105f][quote="Wash n' Gone":b105f]I read that people with dark coarse hair tend to get the best results. The pictures of the best responders seem to conform to that contention. Considering I have light brown, soft hair - not what I wanted to read :D

Where did you read that?[/quote:b105f]
I think it was balding blog. Can't remember to be honest.[/quote:b105f]

When propecia first came out I do remember reading in magazines it worked best for people with darker hair.

Even though blondes have more hair.

I don't remember anything about course hair though...

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Cassin said:
Wash n' Gone said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":3219b][quote="Wash n' Gone":3219b]I read that people with dark coarse hair tend to get the best results. The pictures of the best responders seem to conform to that contention. Considering I have light brown, soft hair - not what I wanted to read :D

Where did you read that?
I think it was balding blog. Can't remember to be honest.[/quote:3219b]

When propecia first came out I do remember reading in magazines it worked best for people with darker hair.

I don't remember anything about course hair though...[/quote:3219b]

blonde ppl have more hair...by darked hair people have thicker hair...my hair is black..

Phillip

Established Member
Reaction score
Elronir said:
Wash n' Gone said:
lol, I am blond and I am having some good result.

My dermatologist tolds me Propecia was more effective on young man (below 30) with highter than normal testosterone. Also, for her, young people with a lot of body hair were avantaged over the other with propecia. I am not sure if she is right though, just saying what she tolds me.

I hope this is true. I have quite a bit of body hair and only 21. I have had chest hair since about 17. Anyway, i'm hoping it might help to reduce some of the body hair by starving it of sufficient dht.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wow great news for me then; 26, higher than average testosterone, quite a lot of body hair, and dark/coarse hair on my head :D. finasteride ftw!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
Cassin said:
[quote="Wash n' Gone":0b05b][quote="hair today gone tomorrow":0b05b][quote="Wash n' Gone":0b05b]I read that people with dark coarse hair tend to get the best results. The pictures of the best responders seem to conform to that contention. Considering I have light brown, soft hair - not what I wanted to read :D

Where did you read that?
I think it was balding blog. Can't remember to be honest.[/quote:0b05b]

I don't remember anything about course hair though...[/quote:0b05b]

blonde ppl have more hair...by darked hair people have thicker hair...my hair is black..[/quote:0b05b]

I have black hair, while the density is not good, each individual hair is relatively thick.

PiggyHogDaddy

Reaction score
Suppose it makes sense that more body hair will be conducive with better results; theres more testosterone in the body, and as such , more to break down i.e. a relative decrease in DHT is easier.

cacciato

Reaction score
flimflam said:
wow great news for me then; 26, higher than average testosterone, quite a lot of body hair, and dark/coarse hair on my head :D. finasteride ftw!

Same, but 22 ;p

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:

Its nice to read this since I have very dark hair (black to be exact). :)

G

Cassin said:
Wash n' Gone said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":3c114][quote="Wash n' Gone":3c114]I read that people with dark coarse hair tend to get the best results. The pictures of the best responders seem to conform to that contention. Considering I have light brown, soft hair - not what I wanted to read :D

Where did you read that?
I think it was balding blog. Can't remember to be honest.[/quote:3c114]

I don't remember anything about course hair though...[/quote:3c114]

blondes have more hair because their hair is thinner, so they need more to cover the scalp.

as for dark hair, i got quite decent avodart results, and i have dark hair, like a very dark brown, that is somewhat wavy and curlier when it gets long, so there may be something to it.

i also had below average amounts of body hair before avodart, and have even less now.